Account & Character Rollback Issue (5/11/2020) - ANet Response

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Chaonaise.4783 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:The login servers are down, not the actual ones it seems.

Yesterday happened in the middle of the night for them, of course they wouldn't have a representative up, neither is it any of our business what exactly happened if they don't want to disclose it.

Okay I'll accept the second part of that, you're right, they don't have to disclose what caused the issue, and aren't the login servers just based off the actual server?

no login servers are different from the game servers

Seems different now. The client directly gets rejected at the login apparently - so he can display the message immediately.At the previous downtime it was more like a time-out where he tried and tried and it took some time until he noticed the servers were down.

I guess ... servers up but login disabled intentionally. Maybe some further fixes because of TP or people that tried to duplicate items?

@gert.7698 said:Same for me. But i wouldn't say no to an extra day SAB to complete last achievements (that I planned for monday) :)

a day of SAB (or even two, probably two daily possibilities were lost) is the only responsible compensation, if there is one. it is the only thing we lost by the downtime and the rollback compensation is going on anyways with items being recovered and such things. i don't see why we would ask for any more than that.

honestly asking for items as compensation just tells me people don't enjoy this game where you literally can get anything just by playing (except extensions, HoT and PoF were the only things i know not acquirable by gems [and of course the main game to access the gemstore...]). i would be happy about the opportunity to fulfill my glitch achievement (i need only 4 more = 1 day, which should've been the day the servers were down) but if i don't get it it's ok, at the very least it's my own fault for starting the achievement far too late.