Account & Character Rollback Issue (5/11/2020) - ANet Response

@Dillic.7643 said:There has been bug in 2016 where they had the same issue. They were able to rollback to the previous state. So I think the best thing to do is wait for them to restore everything.

I agree, and they could send a message here in the forum stating that they are working on it, just to stop a lot of similar threads, but nothing at the moment....

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Clyan.1593 said:O my god no... I purchased tons of gems yesterday ...

Gem purchases are one thing I'm sure they'll be able to restore because there will be records outside of the game of that happening. For now I'd wait and see what they do to fix the problem as a whole, but if you don't get your gems back as part of that you'll be able to submit a support ticket to get them back.

@Danikat.8537 said:

Gem purchases are one thing I'm sure they'll be able to restore because there will be records outside of the game of that happening. For now I'd wait and see what they do to fix the problem as a whole, but if you don't get your gems back as part of that you'll be able to submit a support ticket to get them back.

It's not just that. Beside 1 new red SAB skin and 1 new guild weapon skin, a ton of progress in PVP ladder I also did this:crafted 120 mystic cloverswasted over 2000g (from converted gems)lost 1000 ectoslost around 600-700 mystic coins800-900 obsi shards (for which i wasted a lot of magic)

Dude I crafted 6 legendary runes yesterday.... This is absurd. Im losing my mind...

@Clyan.1593 said:

It's not just that. Beside 1 new red SAB skin and 1 new guild weapon skin, a ton of progress in PVP ladder I also did this:crafted 120 mystic cloverswasted over 2000g (from converted gems)lost 1000 ectoslost around 600-700 mystic coins800-900 obsi shards (for which i wasted a lot of magic)

Dude I crafted 6 legendary runes yesterday.... This is absurd. Im losing my mind...

Man I only did living world 4 and it's making me wanna puke. Can only imagine all that time wasted in crafting all that.

@misterman.1530 said:NA servers appear to be fine.

Grrrr... Amazon, what have you done? :angry:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Considering how the both datacenters are connected by the TP, the solution would need to put both of those sides on the same baseline.

Indeed. I hope they can restore to the point before the rollback happened and don't leave it the way it is. That would be a huge loss in time, achievement progress, resources and gold invested. 2-3 days are a huge time span for an online game.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Given how many hours I spend in this game on a weekend, my best wishes to our EU community. To lose those hours of progress would suck hard, and it's something I've never seen before in any MMO I've played.

Yup I Agree.If I wanted to play a game to lose progress I'd play ARK. Seems I might as well.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Given how many hours I spend in this game on a weekend, my best wishes to our EU community. To lose those hours of progress would suck hard, and it's something I've never seen before in any MMO I've played.

If they restore things, they will have to restore the NA servers as well so that we are back on an equal level.

Great, no SAB progress today, three days lost towards the Crimson Weapon collection. And the gold that was gained and spent. I'm really curious to learn what ANet will decide to do.

@NaramSin.2693 said:

@Dillic.7643 said:There has been bug in 2016 where they had the same issue. They were able to rollback to the previous state. So I think the best thing to do is wait for them to restore everything.

I agree, and they could send a message here in the forum stating that they are working on it, just to stop a lot of similar threads, but nothing at the moment....

That's true. Maybe they are still asleep (USA GMT -8 or whatever). The communication could be better indeed. Nothing left for us to do except waiting.

@Dillic.7643 said:

That's true. Maybe they are still asleep (USA GMT -8 or whatever). The communication could be better indeed. Nothing left for us to do except waiting.

They have European staff too. Those should be awake, communicating and working on restoring what was lost.

All servers should actually be down right now while they resolve the issue.

@Eziair.2509 said:

@Eziair.2509 said:It's the one thing I really hate about GW2 - were the hell are the Devs?

Payed by the monthly subscription, oh wait GW2 has none ...

How hard it is just to have 2 members of staff to work on the forums to keep us upto date when things go wrong?

You forget they fired/let go 100 people last year. They're on a skeleton crew.

@Eziair.2509 said:

@Eziair.2509 said:It's the one thing I really hate about GW2 - were the hell are the Devs?

How hard it is just to have 2 or 3 members of staff to work on the forums?

2 persons online 24/7 are in fact over 4 persons to be payed, computer operation is not really cheap, you burn around half a million per year with that.

@Prisms.6012 said:

How hard it is just to have 2 members of staff to work on the forums to keep us upto date when things go wrong?

Well no. They've still got a sizeable team and have been rehiring steadily since.

I suspect they will alert us soon. Once they are awake and communicated with all necs teams at home. I get it is aggrevating to lack communication, but few games companies work a 24/7 communication policy

@Prisms.6012 said:

yes, and look what has happened, no one around to tell us what is going on

@Dayra.7405 said:

How hard it is just to have 2 or 3 members of staff to work on the forums?

2 persons online 24/7 are in fact over 4 persons to be payed, computer operation is not really cheap, you burn around half a million per year with that.

I get it, but if they just willing to sacrifice 1 minute, there would be much less annoyed comment. I don't think in this situtation is that hard.