Account & Character Rollback Issue (5/11/2020) - ANet Response

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I put in a ticket about a week ago to get one of my characters back so I could recover the unbreakable tools I paid 2400 gems for and got them back this morning. Unfortunately, apparently the price was breaking the EU servers. There's always a price.

But no seriously, gotta wait for Anet to wake up and boot up their PCs. Then they need to make a few phone calls, all while contending with whatever Covid shenanigans their area might be up to.

@Dillic.7643 said:

@Dillic.7643 said:There has been bug in 2016 where they had the same issue. They were able to rollback to the previous state. So I think the best thing to do is wait for them to restore everything.

I agree, and they could send a message here in the forum stating that they are working on it, just to stop a lot of similar threads, but nothing at the moment....

That's true. Maybe they are still asleep (USA GMT -8 or whatever). The communication could be better indeed. Nothing left for us to do except waiting.

Well I hope they're not asleep with this issue at least not all of them. If the servers are still open all those still playing will lose anything they do presently, which is why people like myself are avoiding playing the game presently. Guess you could use it as a chatroom but not much point doing anything else atm.

They really need to make a statement at least says they're trying to resolve the issue and will keep us informed.

@AoKitsune.2056 said:

@Eziair.2509 said:It's the one thing I really hate about GW2 - were the hell are the Devs?

Payed by the monthly subscription, oh wait GW2 has none ...

How hard it is just to have 2 or 3 members of staff to work on the forums?

2 persons online 24/7 are in fact over 4 persons to be payed, computer operation is not really cheap, you burn around half a million per year with that.

I get it, but if they just willing to sacrifice 1 minute, there would be much less annoyed comment. I don't think in this situtation is that hard.

Totally agree.

I used the tp after the rollback (1-2h ago or so from writing this) and placed a 2g exotic for sale that I dropped. after I listed it for sale, it was literally gone. its not listed in my transactions at all. I put it 1c below previous seller and when I didnt see it in my transaction I went back to look at the listing for said exotic and nothing at the price I listed it as. its simply gone.I recommend using low value items to see if the tp is working fine again or not before you list anything of high value.

How did you not notice the roll back?As soon as I logged in I spotted something wrong. My Ranger was not standing in the same spot as she was when I logged out last night.I came right to the forums to find out why, did something happen?Yes something did, I logged out the game and will not be back in until this is sorted.

Relax people. Everyone in EU will have to wait until Seattle woke up. As long as people who spent real money get their money/the items they purchased with it/the gems back, I'm totally fine. A bit of progress lost won't be the end of the world. And remember: we pay absolutely nothing for this game (except for the expansions).I'm sure they will fix this as soon as possible and tell everyone what happened. But right now it's night over there and the people that are awake and working on the problem have more important things to do than being on the forums. Maybe they don't know what exactly happened yet and they don't want to spread false information. Just give them time.

Anet didn't do a rollback they would have notified if one was to happen, it looks very much like the main server Database failed and has gone to a backup which sadly is two days ago, we need to wait for Anet to sort it out it's a waste of time doing anything you will just lose more if you continue.

I hope it won't take longer than 24 hours for a fix. I'll wait with playing until it is fixed. (Or a statement that it can't be fixed - should this not be possible.) Otherwise progress made now would be lost (worthless to play atm) when they fix it back to some hours ago before the problem occured.