Account & Character Rollback Issue (5/11/2020) - ANet Response

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade Post is shared between NA and EU.Even if your accounts are not directly affected your TP business which may be with EU accounts may be affected.

So better don't use TP as well.

And don't transfer from NA to EU, you may end in nirvana.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@"Donutdude.9582" said:

You're welcome.

Saw that already but it doesn't really address that the game is for some reason still online, and people are still being allowed to waste progress.

We don't know it will be a waste. They may well be able to keep the existing progress and restore the rollbacks.

I think it is down to them to know and understand their system - if they feel it must be brought down, I'm sure that's what they will do

The more I think about what I did, farmed, collected over the weekend, the more I am worried that everything is gone. It was not much, compared to the stuff I have read in this thread, but I used the limited free-time I had. Rollback is not funny at all, and "we are investigating" is not an answer I can work with. I do not want to play until I know for sure that the data will be safe.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Donutdude.9582" said:

You're welcome.

Saw that already but it doesn't really address that the game is for some reason still online, and people are still being allowed to waste progress.

We don't know it will be a waste. They may well be able to keep the existing progress and restore the rollbacks.

I think it is down to them to know and understand their system - if they feel it must be brought down, I'm sure that's what they will do

From what I understand, that is not likely/possible. They can't "merge" the previous rollback with the latest server snapshot, there would be too many contradictions.

Nobody actually knows at all how the servers work except the guys working with them.

Every person posting how it works here is basing that information on speculation and imagination, for what reason though, that's a mystery.People generally like to be right, I guess.

@"Donutdude.9582" said:

You're welcome.

From what I understand, that is not likely/possible. They can't "merge" the previous rollback with the latest server snapshot, there would be too many contradictions.

Yeah, support can't remove gemstore and wardrobe unlocks so I seriously doubt that ArenaNet have the tools required for any complicated merges.

Not to mention the fact that people are no doubt doubling up on some efforts as we speak. Re-earning achievements, spending gold and other currencies on things they've already bought and so on. No matter what they do now there's going to be a lot of very annoyed people. They should have acted quicker.

We all know what happened this morning with the rollback...there a lot of topics on forum/reddit. I'm a developer, i know this sucks, but it can happen to any company...so no fault on arenanet for the server crash & rollback.Arenanet's only fault is how they are managing it RIGHT NOW, it's inacceptable imho. I work in an IT company, i know the crash/rollback happened during their nighttime, but they should have a 24/24 support group or an alarm for this emergency situations and the first thing they had to do was to put server offline for an extraordinary maintenance ! People are currently playing (since 3-5 hours ?) in an alternative timeline that will not exists when the emergency will be solved. There are a lot of casual players who don't use this forum or reddit, they are not AWARE of the situation, they are continuing to play in a game that is currently broken ! They have lost 2-3 days of game, and they now are continuing to lose their time (not considering bugs like TP not working at all, don't sell anything... you wont get golds)So, arenanet, why is the game still up ? please, put the game in maintenance mode as soon as possible or you will lose more player when this emergency will end !

@arenanet: it's not a rant against the team, i love you guys and i love gw2 ... but i can't understand why you are handling this so bad@everyone : please be civil in the discussion

You’re assuming that the data would be restored. There was a roll back several years and data was not restored. Only those who purchased things with money got compensated and it was restricted to those transactions. If you had an ultra rare scenario of like a precursor dropping, you could submit a support ticket. Beyond that, nothing else happened.

@"Donutdude.9582" said:

You're welcome.

Shut down didn't happen with the last roll back either, so why would they with this one? If it was just the EU servers they don't need to wait for the U.S. employees to wake up, I'm pretty sure they have staff in the EU data center to take care of it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You’re assuming that the data would be restored. There was a roll back several years and data was not restored. Only those who purchased things with money got compensated and it was restricted to those transactions. If you had an ultra rare scenario of like a precursor dropping, you could submit a support ticket. Beyond that, nothing else happened.

you are right, but this time it's a 3 day rollback and TP is bugged currently (people are screaming in wvw map for gold lost). The main point of the post is : why the server is still up ? It should be down for maintenance even if there are no backup to restore

@adramhel.1493 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You’re assuming that the data would be restored. There was a roll back several years and data was not restored. Only those who purchased things with money got compensated and it was restricted to those transactions. If you had an ultra rare scenario of like a precursor dropping, you could submit a support ticket. Beyond that, nothing else happened.

you are right, but this time it's a 3 day rollback and TP is bugged currently (people are screaming in wvw map for gold lost). The main point of the post is : why the server is still up ? It should be down for maintenance even if there are no backup to restore

The length of the rollback doesn’t matter. If there’s a rollback, it’s likely because there was no other option.

It should only be down if there are integrity issues. An extremely rare case of a rollback is not one of them. You are free to not log into the game for the meantime until you feel that it will be safe for you to play again.