Help with Scourge Support for Dungeon/Raid/Fractals

Zcheck.5048

I've recently returned from a prolonged break and I'm picking up my characters where I left them. I have an 80 necromancer as a main and I really enjoy condition damage for solo play. What I'm noticing, though, is I really don't do much to World Bosses and I do practically zero damage to things like portals, things that aren't affected by conditions. Being that I run a condition build when I solo, I have very little boost in the way of Power, so I understand why I don't do any damage, but it's frustrating. It's also been pointed out to me that newer content structures take condition damage, so this may just be a moot point.

I've since gone the path of the Scourge and I'm stumbling through the class learning as I go. I've learned that I can be more helpful in a support role on Core Tyria World Boss fights so I've tried a new build and want to make sure it's not a terrible idea before I waste the time to craft all the pieces. The build is here (http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArf7YnE9CV9i90Ae1As9iFhBTfumX/rTPtcwNIKAUueAA-jxxZABQv/wPq/giSw2eCArdSAER/AAK/AA-e) and, in concept, would be a barrier / condition removal support for World Bosses and, potentially, group play. My question is, does this look like it'd be effective support for something like Tequatl or would it be a waste?

While I understand these Core Tyria boss events are one of those "do whatever" situations, I want to use them to try to get accustomed to a support rotation. I run with a group of 3 or 4, so I can focus on their health bars to model that for eventual fractal content. I just want to know if Scourge can do support with some damage from conditions without detracting too much from a group.

Sorry if this was discombobulated! I copied and pasted this over to this forum from the player helping player forum and added some things I was told in that forum.

Thanks!

Without Soul Reaping and with no vitality from stats I estimate that you'll have a 13k bar for lifeforce; your only skills for gaining lifeforce are sceptre 3 (with the cooldown shared between both weapons), torch 4 and Dessicate. Do you find that you have enough lifeforce to fuel your shade support skills with this build? I ask only because my build can run short sometimes, and that has a 21k lifeforce bar, Dessicate + Shadow Fiend for utilities and Axe/Torch + Dagger/Warhorn for my weapons.

@Professor Sprout.1560 I'm not using the linked build at the moment, so I can't answer if the Life Force is sufficient. I'm currently running a Rabid exotic set with the Condi DPS Meta build I found online and my 15k (estimate) Life Force bar seems to keep a pretty good uptime on my shades. having said that, I'll pay more attention next time I'm in and can let you know!

@lagrimabendita.8763 The build you linked is very interesting and I may give it a whirl. Thanks for the link! :)

Archived