Server Maintenance Reward is super unfair

@Draygorn.7012 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:I just got an ingame mail with both of the items even though I didn't know I was eligibel for the mount license as I only logged in shortly on Monday to check some stuff and re-pickup login rewards and sell some stuff because I thought the rollback couldn't be fixed anymore.However in my honest opinion I think that EVERYONE should get noth items. Not just those who logged in during a specific time on Monday. I think everyone who was affected by the rollback deserves a license. It's just a little unfair what Anet decided here.I have to admit, I feel a little guilty and bad for myself and the others who didn't get anything.I hope the decision will be reconsidered. <3

Haven't received anything yet, despite trying to log in when servers were down. No bonfire either.

Nevermind. Just received the mount licence and bonfire. Feelsgoodman. Though I really wasn't affected by the rollback and downtime much as I didn't have much time to play over the weekend. So my condolences to those who were heavily affected and didn't get compensation thanks to weird login rules in order to qualify.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting decision. o_OI'm happy that weekend progress got restored, but I wouldn't have minded a small compensation to make up for the dailies we missed out on on monday and potentially on tuesday and wednesday as well, depending on luck and disconnects.

This, however... A mount licence seems a bit over the top for two hours of lost playtime. Plus, whoever lost a valuable drop from that time can still contact support about it. And a bonfire for all of us who couldn't make progress for over 24 h and still have major connection issues... Huh.

Well, as I said before, I'm happy if everything is working again. And I hope the rest of the connection and TP issues get fixed soon.

I agree with most of the people here. Just because you weren't logged in during a specific timespan doesn't mean we were not affected by it.I spent the whole day wasted in front of the computer freaking out what might be lost and tried logging in multiple times every half an hour or so.Time, I could've spent otherwise.

It's basically the same thing as saying you were not affected by corona, just because you didn't get sick. WTH....

I'm not even mad about the reward, but about the fact, that ANet doesn't treat every player that played before, during or shortly after THEIR mistake, equally.Either give everyone the reward or no one at all, but not like this.

well, i got an issue i was loged in with my boyfriend, how come he get the mail with the ''reward'' and i don't we were both on at the same time was also online till the server when down. this is not fair why give other something and some not. either everyone gets something or no one does....

I went to bed like 40mins or so before this happened and woke up to my housemate saying not to log in because of the issues.I really can't believe they made this decision. Rewarding people that potentially made things worse and neglecting the players that acted responsibly.We were all equally affected by what happened. This needs to be addressed swiftly.

I just want to point something out. While it's a great job for those who haven't logged in, the rewards are actually for people who doesn't tend to use forums and didn't notice the rollback. To those people they might've spent rediculous amount of effort trying to grind something, but actually lost the process. It makes sense to compensate them because in the end, they actually lost progress.If you guys feel like compensation should be given to all players due to time lost during maintainence, it should be a complete separate issue one instead of discussing on this.

I get that people are salty that only the people who logged in between the Rollback and the fix gets the Mount Licence. But lets think about it.

While it was logical for some people to not login during that time (due to risk of losing more progress, I for one didn't touch the game at all, considering this), it was never explicitly stated anywhere by ArenaNet that you shouldn't. And those that DID login on Monday are the only ones who actually lost any major progress, so makes sense that they would get something extra as compensation.

@"lordkrall.7241" said:I get that people are salty that only the people who logged in between the Rollback and the fix gets the Mount Licence. But lets think about it.

While it was logical for some people to not login during that time (due to risk of losing more progress, I for one didn't touch the game at all, considering this), it was never explicitly stated anywhere by ArenaNet that you shouldn't. And those that DID login on Monday are the only ones who actually lost any major progress, so makes sense that they would get something extra as compensation.

Then they should get the communal bonfire as their "extra" not a MOUNT SKIN lol.

@Crimson Exarch.7231 said:

@"lordkrall.7241" said:I get that people are salty that only the people who logged in between the Rollback and the fix gets the Mount Licence. But lets think about it.

Then they should get the communal bonfire as their "extra" not a MOUNT SKIN lol.

So they should have gotten two communal bonfires?

@lordkrall.7241 said:

@lordkrall.7241 said:I get that people are salty that only the people who logged in between the Rollback and the fix gets the Mount Licence. But lets think about it.

So they should have gotten two communal bonfires?

No. The baseline compensation should have been the mount skin and their "extra" should have been the one communal bonfire.

People who choose not to log in are angry because they tried to be smart and now it looks like they outsmarted themselves. The rest who where at work or for other reasons could not log in and they crying are simply jealous.But its so simple. Compensation not a REWARD as many has stated here for the downtime is bonfire and compensation for lost progress which is actually wasted time in game is a mount skin. Simple and fair. Obviously they will not track who logged in for 1 second, who did what and how much time they lost that's why they give the skin to everyone who was online in the time frame.

@"Ryo.5824" said:I just want to point something out. While it's a great job for those who haven't logged in, the rewards are actually for people who doesn't tend to use forums and didn't notice the rollback. To those people they might've spent rediculous amount of effort trying to grind something, but actually lost the process. It makes sense to compensate them because in the end, they actually lost progress.If you guys feel like compensation should be given to all players due to time lost during maintainence, it should be a complete separate issue one instead of discussing on this.

Finally a few people with some common sense, thank you Ryo, lordkrall and Zulvio. I was about to give up on this community.

And to the rest of you feeling entitled to get extra rewarded, even though you were not really affected (other than potential playtime lost, which we all were affected by) because you were sleeping or at work - I have two examples:

1. You and some friends decide to go on a holiday. You can't take the same plane as them, because you have to work that day, so you decide they should go on an earlier flight because they can, and you will join them later taking another plane. They go to the airport in the morning while you're at work, and find out that their plane is delayed. So they sit around at the airport all day, while you're working. The airline can't seem to fix the plane, so they contact everyone on later flights to let them know they shouldn't go to the airport because they won't be able to fly that day. Since you're still at work, you decide to go home after work and finally when there's no more news, go to sleep. Your friends however who has been stuck at the airport all day, gets compensation for this. The airline gives them a free dinner and a hotel room for the night. The next day, you show up at the airport because now the plane is fixed so you can travel. The airline decides everyone should get a free meal on the plane because everyone was affected by this delay. Now, you get offended by this free meal "reward" because your friends got a free dinner and a free night at a hotel, demanding to get a free dinner and a night at a hotel too. Really?

2. One morning there's an outbreak of fire in a store you frequent. You could have been at that store at that time, but you're at home sleeping, so you're not there. You wake up and watch the news, and see that there has been a fire at the store, so you can't shop there for the next 24hrs. The people who were in the store and affected by the fire outbreak get compensation from the store, a free lunch and some vouchers. You feel you should also be compensated because you could potentially have been there. Really?

I also take issue with this. While i logged in during that timeframe and noticed that something was off and immediately logged back out got the "reward" even though i didnt effectively lose any progress. When i noticed, i warned my friend not to log in because of it. We both lost a day of SAB progress because of it. Interestingly, at the point of writing this, she didnt even receive the bonfire so i ll give this the benefit of the doubt for the time being as these things tend to be rolled out in waves.

Many other people were warned outside of the game though, so like many people in this topic i find this "cherry picking" a poor decision. Give it to everyone affected, or no one.

Everyone involved deserves the compensation, period. I was made aware of the issue down the line, and decided not to log in because it was irrational to do so. If I was going to get rolled back, I didn't want to spend an afternoon playing to lose my progress. I also didn't want to pressure the servers further, or become part of the problem.My reward for being considerate and less needy? Nothing. Literally nothing.

Just give every account that's been active shortly before, during and after the issue the compensation. It isn't rocket science.

EDIT: The reason I say this, is because I hugely respect Arena Net. The game has run for literal years without a maintenance schedule, which is nothing short of a feat. I feel like it would be a shame to see people quit or refuse to invest in gems in the future due to this compensation lacking some much needed solidarity.

@"Crimson Exarch.7231" said:

No. The baseline compensation should have been the mount skin and their "extra" should have been the one communal bonfire.

You're saying that every time Anet has to take down their servers, and you lose "potental playtime", everyone should get a free mount skin? While I wouldn't mind free mount skins handed out a couple of times a year, I think that's a bit excessive.

@darksome.1697 said:

@"Crimson Exarch.7231" said:

You're saying that every time Anet has to take down their servers, and you lose "potental playtime", everyone should get a free mount skin?

You telling me the people that logged in for 5mins deserve one and we dont? Everyone that logged time over the weekend should have received the mount. The current system encourages people to login and make things more difficult for Anet to clean up after.

@Crimson Exarch.7231 said:

@"lordkrall.7241" said:So you are saying that losing 30 minutes should be compensated more than potentially losing several hours?

Im saying, I stayed offline and "lost progress" just as much as they did. I then also wasnt able to play for 24hours- just like them.

Ah, so not doing something is the same as doing something and then getting it reverted? Surely you did OTHER things during those hours? Or did you just sit around staring into a wall?

@lordkrall.7241 said:I get that people are salty that only the people who logged in between the Rollback and the fix gets the Mount Licence. But lets think about it.

I was on when they went down and have got nothing. I was on every day before that too, I lost the previous 8 hours of ap grinding I was doing before they went down too.