About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not for people who spent gems during it, those people would have been refunded their gems when the rollback occurred.

I believe the gems are for people who lost out on TP sales due to the rollback, I know I got a mail from support containing some coins I'd lost from the TP at the same time that I got my gems.

• 2 months later...

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I still haven't received the full amount of Gold I lost, and I am certain others haven't, either.

That's why they threw in 1000 gems. About 250g. I mean you were out about net 30g right? Sounds like a profit to me not necro a thread over it. Some still lost overall but it's the best they could doNo, it definitely wasn't the best they could do. In many ways, not doing anything would have been
better
actually, than the haphazard and arbitrary way of gifting some (but not other) people with stuff, compensating some (but not others) according, again, to arbitrary principles, and refunding some (but, again, not others) according to yet more of arbitrary principles.Neither of whose principles had anything to do with fairness.

So, as a whole, i'd say they did a very bad job out of it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I still haven't received the full amount of Gold I lost, and I am certain others haven't, either.

That's why they threw in 1000 gems. About 250g. I mean you were out about net 30g right? Sounds like a profit to me not necro a thread over it. Some still lost overall but it's the best they could doNo, it definitely wasn't the best they could do. In many ways, not doing anything would have been
better
actually.

He's talking about them tracking lost gold not the mount select fiasco.

@Jilora.9524 said:He's talking about them tracking lost gold not the mount select fiasco.I know. I also know, that, for example, if they decided on full rollback the moment they noticed the problem, instead of leaving US up and only rollbacking EU, nobody would have lost anything.I also know that at least some of the people that did lose gold on TP due to this never received anything at all (including the gems).

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:He's talking about them tracking lost gold not the mount select fiasco.I know. I also know, that, for example, if they decided on full rollback the moment they noticed the problem, instead of leaving US up and only rollbacking EU, nobody would have lost anything.I also know that at least some of the people that did lose gold on TP due to this never received anything at all (including the gems).

True. That was the biggest oversight. Not understanding the TP was shared and letting NA just continue as normal was a mistake. Then just giving one select group the mount select instead of all EU like a random 400 gems mount skin created all the complaining I should have logged in bs. They recovered most progress and some lost some gold.I thought everyone who lost gold got 1000 gems seeing how ash loss was like 80 and got 55 back or something. I forget his exact posts from back then and he got the 1000 gems that even minor losses get gems but obviously not so they failed there too.And bad job and best they could do can be the same thing. Bad job overall best they could do tracking down 1000's of transactions and trying to refund every single one

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Jilora.9524" said:And bad job and best they could do can be the same thing. Bad job overall best they could do tracking down 1000's of transactions and trying to refund every single oneAs i said, "best thing" would have been to rollback everything equally without making even more a mess of things.

No one likes a rollback. Best thing would have been shut down both NA and EU while restoring EU progress back to before rollback. Once they didn't do that no way could then then go oh btw NA we gonna roll you back so we got stuck with the mess

@"Astralporing.1957" said:As i said, "best thing" would have been to rollback everything equally without making even more a mess of things.

I agree on this. :+1:

Support is very generous and helpful, they are not at fault here. I blame the people in charge for their poor judgment of the situation and their chosen "resolution" of it. This is not just about me, I am good, especially in comparison to others - there are people who lost thousands of gold. I personally know of at least two who had crafted a legendary on that weekend and put it up for sale... and the items were sold, only that the sellers did not see any gold from the transaction to date.

I sincerely hope that next time something like this happens, everything will get reset to a certain state and time, not just one part of the game.