Mastery point confusion

Bolshie.6137

I'm still working on map completion, and racking up some Central Tyria mastery points along the way.

I've spent a few here and there, but I'd like to finish the Pact Commander mastery before I complete Legendary Crafting and Fractal Attunement. The bars for all three are now full, and I'm still short for the last stage of Pact Commander. Can the bars be reset somehow without spending a point? Do I have to focus on specific mastery events to get around this problem? I'm unclear as to how this is supposed to be ideally pursued.

@Bolshie.6137 said:I'm still working on map completion, and racking up some Central Tyria mastery points along the way.

I've spent a few here and there, but I'd like to finish the Pact Commander mastery before I complete Legendary Crafting and Fractal Attunement. The bars for all three are now full, and I'm still short for the last stage of Pact Commander. Can the bars be reset somehow without spending a point? Do I have to focus on specific mastery events to get around this problem? I'm unclear as to how this is supposed to be ideally pursued.

Select the Pact Mastery track so that new XP goes into it. If it's full already, you'll need to spend a number of Tyrian Mastery points (marked on the bar) before you can claim that mastery level and start working on the next.

For comparison, I wanted to save 12 mastery points to get Griffon to tier 3 right away, rather than worrying about T4 for the other mounts. So I let XP accumulate in Springer, Jackal, Raptor, and Skimmer first, but didn't spend the points — each time one bar became full, instead of claiming that tier, I selected the next tier for another mount. (Eventually, they were all at max before I unlocked Griffon.)

@Bolshie.6137 said:All three tracks for Central Tyria (Pact, Crafting, and Fractal) are full on xp now, and I'm still six short points for the Pact completion. Should I start accumulating points in Heart of Thorns? Can those mastery points be spent on Pact Commander?

If all of your tracks are full, you need to Master one of the tracks to continue progressing. I'd suggest doing what you can to get more Mastery points--there are several on the map you can collect; otherwise, look into which Mastery achievements you'd consider easiest.

Heart of Thorns masteries cannot be used towards the Central Tyria tracks.

Archived