What do you miss from GW that you would like to have in GW2?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a lot of things I miss included build templates, the zaishen menagerie and the hall of monuments. The two I haven't seen that I miss is one where you remove your helm when in cities automatically, and being able to view what's going on when you're dead through the eyes of someone else in your party.

Build templates for sure. Especially with multiple elite specs out now. If I want to quickly change from one elite spec to the other when I'm out in the open world, I don't want to change traits, memorize the traits I had in a build I liked from multiple professions, swap weapons, swap skills, etc. all manually. The GW1 templates system was valuable, and I'd love to see it in GW2.

Elite missions UW, FoW, DoA etc (NOT raids..) more group vs group fights like we had in the Slavers' Exile or example, less group vs one boss. That sort of content where you go in, with some guildies and "lets see how far we can get" - like we used to do in FoW or UW

Build Templates

and yeah.. i would like to have my rit in gw2 though i doubt new classes are about to come soon.

I kinda think heroes should be a thing in GW2 - only used in instanced content. It would add something very significant for players to invest in and provide a way to make better use of home instances and such.

I also think guilds should be more significant. I like the idea of a smaller guild halls available to smaller guilds.

Wanting skins and actually playing the game to get them in stead of the gem store.

Interrupt focused builds being useful in stuff other than boss fights.

Actual penalties for failure (before they added those awful consumable items that "fixed" your morale)

Not having half my bar dictated by my weapon choice, and in stead getting to choose the skills.

Actually having energy to manage in stead of cooldowns. Cooldowns tell you what skills to use. Energy let you decide and screw up or be awesome.

Expansions that actually had endings in stead of advertisements for content I can't play yet. Seriously. The ending of PoF is terrible. The final battle is boring. It's like they skipped the real ending and just went with the first episode of LS4 in stead.

Ritualist - In my opinion the most unique and fun class from the original GW. I had hoped so much that this class would make its way into GW2, and was sorely disappointed when it didn't make it into the game.

Dervish - Another very fun and unique class, some elements of it have slowly been turning up in game through various classes, but only in fragments. Like many others I'd LOVE to see the dervish return in full.

Paragon & Assassin - two interesting classes that did make it into GW2 in essence, but not in spirit... The Guardian and Thief classes are essentially the Paragon and Assassin. Perhaps we might even see the two return in full as elite specs for the two classes. The Paragon as a Guardian Elite using Warhorn with it's virtues replaced with Aurias, and new Chant skills for utility. The Assassin as a Thief Elite using offhand Sword (since they already have dual daggers, and one of the most iconic assassin's from GW1 was Shiro who used dual swords), Stances as it's utilities, and

Build Templates - Need I say more?

Heroes/Henchmen - At the very least just Henchmen... Something to help fill the gaps when you can't outfit a full team of players for low-end group content. Usable in high-end content, though far from advisable.

The armors - There are so many amazing armors from GW1 that would be absolutely amazing to see brought into GW2, They could even be Cash-shop armors.

Hexes - In GW1, the mesmer was recognized as a master of hexes, manipulating opponents by restricting their actions. Hexes were essentially very powerful conditions that had conditional triggers. Skills like Backfire which would inflict heavy damage when a hexed target would activate a spell, or Empathy triggering damage from when the target attacked. Or one of my favorite's Wastrel's Demise, dealing massive damage if the hexed target didn't activate any skills for it's duration... We've seen some echo's of Hexes through the Confusion and Torment conditions, but on a very minor scale. Necromancer's also utilized hexes, the Curses attribute was focused almost exclusively on improving Hexes, and the most iconic hex from them was Spiteful Spirit, an elite spec hex that behaved like a combined Backfire and Empathy.

Upkeep skills - We actually do have these in GW2 for Revenant's with the Herold elite spec in the form of Facets. However, upkeep skills were available across nearly every class in GW1. Most stances fell into the category of Upkeep skills in fact. They made for some very interesting gameplay, reducing energy recovery until it turned into degeneration. In GW2, this could be accomplished for many classes by linking their upkeep skills to Endurance. One upkeep skill could cut endurance regeneration in half, 2 reduces it to zero, and any past that results in endurance degeneration. Using 2 upkeep skills at once would create a reliance on Vigor to regain endurance for dodging. If endurance were to hit zero, then just like in GW1, the skill would deactivate and endurance regeneration would return to normal.

Elite Skills that were actually ELITE - GW2 elite skills are a joke... most of them are hardly even worth using... massive cooldowns for such little benefit... most of the elites in GW2 are, in all honesty, weaker than utility skills of the same effect/use. Elite skills in GW1 were powerful, many of them had short or no CD, they were the cornerstone of builds. In GW2 they feel more like afterthoughts.

@Lustre Of Havoc.9173 said:

@Dravyn.4671 said:I don't remember what it was called, but that Fort that was a pvp area you could queue for that had lots of players on both sides...Man i spent more hours doing that than anything else I think

Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry? Those were boring as hell.

Yea, Fort Aspenwood. I loved that, spent hours upon hours in that place doing pvp.

Archived