HoT vs PoF: which is the better overall map

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HoT. No contest. PoF has some amazing views. Some cute secrets. But so does HoT. HoT maps are more interesting to navigate. No 'oh great, another flat boring sand plain' feeling. The enemies feel more threating. The events require more thinking (well, a little bit of thinking vs no thinking at all). Even the npc chatter is more interesting!

TD was a map I hated at first. What a mess! But the more time I spend there, the more I liked it. Today it is one of my favorite maps in the game.

@Mad Queen Malafide.7512 said:Path of Fire on the whole is a far better experience, and not just because it is my favorite region from GW1. Tangled Depths pretty much made me hate exploring Heart of Thorns. Vertical exploration is one of the most frustrating things in any of the maps. It just doesn't work with GW2's map system. It didn't help that one of the story chapters kept stalling on me, forcing me to restart it, and find the entrance several times. And every time you think you are on top of that big green marker, it turns out to be on a different floor, and I found myself screaming at my screen and in guildchat (much to the amusement of the guild). It made me hate progressing the HoT storyline, and to this day I haven't completed many of the maps.

The map actually has everything you need to navigate, you just need to get used to it. I learned it the first time I completed TD and since then it serves the purpose to me.

TD is also my favorite map now. Mabe even in all mmorpgs I played (at least open world).

@Cuks.8241 said:

@Mad Queen Malafide.7512 said:Path of Fire on the whole is a far better experience, and not just because it is my favorite region from GW1. Tangled Depths pretty much made me hate exploring Heart of Thorns. Vertical exploration is one of the most frustrating things in any of the maps. It just doesn't work with GW2's map system. It didn't help that one of the story chapters kept stalling on me, forcing me to restart it, and find the entrance several times. And every time you think you are on top of that big green marker, it turns out to be on a different floor, and I found myself screaming at my screen and in guildchat (much to the amusement of the guild). It made me hate progressing the HoT storyline, and to this day I haven't completed many of the maps.

The map actually has everything you need to navigate, you just need to get used to it. I learned it the first time I completed TD and since then it serves the purpose to me.

TD is also my favorite map now. Mabe even in all mmorpgs I played (at least open world).

Agreed. Tangled Depths isn't even hard to navigate once you realize it's 4 big lanes (used in the Chak Gerent fight) that connect with each other. The only hard area in Tangled Depths is the top left corner, where you first enter, that area is indeed confusing, but the rest of the zone is very easy to navigate, just follow the lanes.

Silverwaste is the best map. it is not core, not POF and not HOT.

it has amazing underground jumping puzzle, WvW like pve where you really had to protect little fortress from waves of monsters. (and you could use siege weapons.) tons of secrets, great meta event with very different bosses and all of this in a not too big map.

tho chest farm was a fun sociable experience, it was braindeadly boring.