On the (de)composition of Palawa Joko's Awakened

Tamias.7059

@Blazing Liger.1236 said:I continue to hold to the idea that the Defilers are Charr. The skull looks feline. We know that the Charr were marching on Orr, there's no reason to think that they wouldn't have at least sent scouts to Elona as their next potential conquest.

I agree they're charr, however, they would have had to be from when the charr were looking for gods to call their own rather than when they were scouting around the time of the Searing.

@Blazing Liger.1236 said:Joko's 180 regarding non-human Awakened may have been part of his transformation of Elonian society. Humans have long been pretty prejudiced to other races. Given that they would be the main source to replenish his army, he may have chosen to stop Awakening non-humans in order to gain the compliance of the living population.

I've heard this argument, but I feel it fails in the face of the fact that Joko has rewritten not just history in accordance to what Elonians know, but also their prejudices.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Tamias.7059 said:I wonder what happened between then and now to make him stop using giants and centaurs.Joko killed all the centaurs and used their bones to expand his Bone Palace. EXTINCTION!

He actually did this? I havent played GW1 I dont know much about the lore behind Joko...but on GW2 pretty much everything that is said about him through the NPCs is basically propaganda, "Joko killed Zhaitan", "Joko killed Mordremoth" and etc, would be surprised if in the future they would say that Joko killed Balthazar too...so did he actually bring all the centaurs to extinction or that is just more misinformation of his fanatics followers? I mean, i dont know about the elonian centaurs, but i can see Ulgoth crushing a whole army of awakened with his earth elementals without much trouble.

The same heart that corrects students about the deaths of Zhaitan and Mordremoth has the PC say that Joko caused "only" Elonian centaurs to go extinct (the student claiming that all centaurs everywhere went extinct due to Joko).

So the Pact Commander thinks its credible.

Archived