Basic 3's Etiquette for Soloq

mistsim.2748

I think it's time for one of these. I've really been enjoying the game mode, and I hope you are too.

1. This is deathmatch. Say gg, gf's, hf. This is nice, especially if you smoked the other team. It really makes them feel better. If you got smoked, say it anyway because it helps with the pain of losing. This is basic deathmatch mentality. You can't get tilted this way.
  2. Observe basic build strengths and weaknesses to make things more enjoyable for your teammates. Don't run anything glass unless you're a god. Stay off core thief unless you're a god. If you're not sure what to do, run a condi bunker build and focus on your defensive rotations. Firebrand, condition Rev, core necro. Let the better players play the riskier builds.
  3. Don't yolo, and don't play alone. Poke, try to get a pick and force some defensive cd's, then move in on a guy who's alone.
  4. Cleave downs. The entire team needs to do this. Advanced players will wait for rezzes to grab another kill, but if you're not sure what to do just dump on the body.
  5. Have an exit strategy. Tunnel visioning a weakened player is ok at the right time, but not at the cost of you going down.
  6. Peel for teammates in trouble. Stunbreak them, clear their condis, heal them. Getting focused is difficult for every spec in the game.
  7. Give active feedback to clueless players without being toxic. So far this has worked for me, and I've made comebacks after some guys fed for two rounds straight. People generally know they are failing, and will listen. Don't yell at them for failing, just ask them to adjust.
  8. Praise your team especially if they adjusted their strategy and you made a comeback. Positive reinforcement helps them feel confident and usually secures the win.
  9. Vote for Asura Arena every time. The other two maps are simply inappropriate for 6 players.

That's all I can think of. Add your own below.

Let me put this in english for you:

1. Translate all obvious facts as advice to get a 5% higher winrate. "I really think they are just bursters, so if we can drop their initial burst we are more likely to win! Try not to be surprised by their target swapping!"
  2. Spam Auramancer/CondiR/CondiT. Power necro if you think your team is good.
  3. Trade cleaves but do it smart. If they obviously are on better rotation then just bait out those nukes then recover.

I would say most of these besides number 7 and 8 (maaaybe 1, but might seem like a dck move if all you do is GG after a match) are very situational, and works for your gamelpay personally (guessing heal?).

9 is a good example: I go Asura Arena when I am tempest (easy heals and exits) but go for Hall of the Mists when I am necro (easiere to boon corrupt or reaper dmg)

At first (in 2 vs. 2) I disliked HotM the most. Too small. But later I also found that for some professions and builds it is really fun to play that map. (Like zengara mentioned playing Necro is f un there.)

Atm I dislike Arena the most. Going for HotM most of the time and I'm fine with Auric Span as well. Too much "kiting around in circles" on Arena.

@Shinzan.2908 said:Is meta battle not up to date for 3v3? I've been running the core p/d thief from there cause it's listed as meta.

1) metabattle is outdated and most likely wont be updated before season ends.2) generic builds are obviously way weaker in deathmath mode as they were made for different purposes/roles in conquest.3) dont play thief at all... 3v3 full of condi bunkers, healers, supports, generally tankier builds and once you enter there as thief or any of his elites. You only can pray for matchmaking and hope that you will be able to outsmart their thief which you wont cuz u ask for metabattle and their generic builds. So... just dont play it.

@Tomixus.3486 said:

@Shinzan.2908 said:Is meta battle not up to date for 3v3? I've been running the core p/d thief from there cause it's listed as meta.

1) metabattle is outdated and most likely wont be updated before season ends.2) generic builds are obviously way weaker in deathmath mode as they were made for different purposes/roles in conquest.3) dont play thief at all... 3v3 full of condi bunkers, healers, supports, generally tankier builds and once you enter there as thief or any of his elites. You only can pray for matchmaking and hope that you will be able to outsmart their thief which you wont cuz u ask for metabattle and their generic builds. So... just dont play it.

Thanks, yea it's kind of hit and miss, sometime I can down an unaware oponent quickly but most times I just get cced and killed before that.

Could you link me some of those bunker/healer builds that would be better for 3v3? Any class will do.