ANet Please Opt-In to Keep GW2 on GeForce Now

@"telimo.7201" said:And please remember, what you told 2012: "People with old hardware should be able to play this game."That was 8 years ago and probably was related to hardware that was even older at that time. Expecting people to still be playing on 8+ year old equipment isn't entirely realistic.

On topic. I don't really have a horse in this race. I don't know about GeForce. Would Anet have to pay them some fee to continue their support? If so, then I really don't expect that they would. It's around the same reason why GW2 isn't on Steam.

If there is no financial involvement on Anet's part, then I don't see why not.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kharmin.7683 said:On topic. I don't really have a horse in this race. I don't know about GeForce. Would Anet have to pay them some fee to continue their support? If so, then I really don't expect that they would. It's around the same reason why GW2 isn't on Steam.

If there is no financial involvement on Anet's part, then I don't see why not.

Nvidia have said there's no cost to the devs or publishers, so that makes me hopeful there could be an agreement.

reasons for anet to opt-out could be inconsistent performance across geforce servers and/or bad default graphics settings....Or maybe they want to earn more money by signing an exclusive contract with an already existing or upcoming cloud provider like stadia.

I came back after 5 years and I spent more money on expansions and in the gem store than I did for the 4 years I played gw2 from the beginning.It was all thanks to geforce now because my old computer crapped out on me. I was also able to experience GW2 with max graphics the way it was meant to be experienced. Please opt-in, Anet.

Just wanted to add my voice to this - just this past month, I've had 6 friends join GW2 thanks to the quarantine, and only one of them has a gaming PC capable of running it properly. The others are using GeForce Now (one is on a mac so it's particularly handy for her).

As ZeroGPX said on the reddit post much more eloquently, GeForce Now removes one of the barriers to entry which often prevents people from trying Guild Wars 2. Why not opt-in?

(also, there's a second reddit thread - I've not started either, clearly there's quite a few people who think it's a mistakehttps://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/gsdzfu/guild_wars_2_will_apparently_be_removed_from_the/ )

I came to know GW2 3 or 4 months ago, thanks to an email sponsoring the new story chapter received from the GeforceNow marketing, I started playing the free game.In less than a week I was obsessed with this beautiful game, bought the expansions and grinder as much as I could.I have been able to do such ONLY thanks to GeforceNow and its service, I am a MacOS guy, but the game doesn't run properly on my computers mostly due to graphical and oldness problems, GFN allowed me to experience from the beginning the gameplay at its highest settings, on demand, and everywhere I was at the moment. All without the need to buy an expensive gaming machine.Their service and the collaboration with you guys is amazing, we can have more and more people coming in, from MacOS users who just want to enjoy an astonishing game without the need to have a gaming machine and without compatibility issues, to people who can experience the gameplay graphics at its best without having an expensive PC!Please, opt in.

I am in the same boat as most people here with older laptops and bad graphics cards. Using Gfn has reignited my passion for GW2, which I had not played since 2012! Unfortunately I will not be playing from the 31st as I will be unable to. Companies should opt in to this service as it allows so many people to play games on older hardware, which in turn will increase the player base.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

@Moistofu.4538 said:Yes!!! Please opt in, I’ve been having so much fun playing the game recently because of it and without it I’d have to stop for a long time, I’m actually waiting to see if I should get some gems or not because shiny stuff... lmao

Ncsoft aparently choose to leave as there might be plans for gw 2 mobile

really? is it even possible to have a variant of gw2 on mobile? it's not a low-spec game like albion online

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

Ncsoft aparently choose to leave as there might be plans for gw 2 mobile

While I can understand the reasoning behind that I'm pretty sure games can be opted out of the mobile/android version of GFN. For example the whole of The Witcher series is available to play on GFN if you are on PC but on the mobile app of GFN the only Witcher game is Gwent.A GW2 mobile game and GW2 on GFN should feasibly be able to coexist without one taking potential users because the platform wouldn't be shared.Basically I'm hoping someone high up sees this and I can bring someone round to opting in :tongue:

@robyro.4358 said:

really? is it even possible to have a variant of gw2 on mobile? it's not a low-spec game like albion onlineI've heard rumours about it for a while. I'd guess it might be like what has been done for Lineage/Lineage II and Aion so quite a different version of the game.

It seems weird to be in a situation with a computer that can't run GW2 normally but still have low enough ping that something like this wouldn't be a hot mess, but I suppose there are certain regions where it could.

Seems like a worthwhile service to offer if it's available.