ANet Please Opt-In to Keep GW2 on GeForce Now

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please opt-in Anet! GeForce NOW has been the medium in which a decent chunk of your player base, including myself, run GW2. Using GeForce Now has made it less taxing on our hardware and has increased accessibility to the game. By not opting in ANet, you are basically saying "We want our customers to have less access to our product." I don't see how this line of thinking works with your overall strategy of retaining and attracting new players to the game. I will most certainly be playing GW2 significantly less if you don't stick with GeForce Now, not because I want to, but because your action/inaction will have knee-capped my ability to play the game. Judging by the number of posts in this thread it looks like a lot of players are in the same boat. Please consider opting in Anet. Many of us would like to continue enjoying all that the world of Tyria has to offer!

@Ben K.6238 said:It seems weird to be in a situation with a computer that can't run GW2 normally but still have low enough ping that something like this wouldn't be a hot mess, but I suppose there are certain regions where it could.

I use GFN so I'll preface this with the fact I could be biased. My PC runs GW2 ok (HoT maps made me stop due to pretty bad FPS but PoF maps were fine) and I wasn't expecting to use GFN for GW2, but I was really surprised when I did. It might be that I have a decent internet speed and am close to the Nvidia server I connect to, but I didn't notice any lag. I don't play SPvP but I couldn't tell the difference in terms of latency between the stream and playing normally on any WvW or PvE map I've been on.

@kharmin.7683

I don't know about decent chunk, but there are dozens of us! DOZENS! :tongue:

@Pencliff.4853 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:It seems weird to be in a situation with a computer that can't run GW2 normally but still have low enough ping that something like this wouldn't be a hot mess, but I suppose there are certain regions where it could.

I use GFN so I'll preface this with the fact I could be biased. My PC runs GW2 ok (HoT maps made me stop due to pretty bad FPS but PoF maps were fine) and I wasn't expecting to use GFN for GW2, but I was really surprised when I did. It might be that I have a decent internet speed and am close to the Nvidia server I connect to, but I didn't notice any lag. I don't play SPvP but I couldn't tell the difference in terms of latency between the stream and playing normally on any WvW or PvE map I've been on.

Yeah, that would be a whole different story for me. GFN doesn't even offer service here, but if they did, the ping to the GW2 servers is already 300 without going through a streaming service so the input lag would make it unplayable.

sad day to read the support for Geforce Now isn't being opted in, me and my wife get to play along side of our son and daughter because Geforce Now made it possible: It worked flawlessly for them and gave far better results on the ageing hardware they have been using.

Sarcasm warning ⚠️

NewsflashANET are publishing a new rent a super computer model for GW2. You will be able to rent a supercomputer in the same AWS data centre as the GW2 servers.

Lag has been eliminated from WvW,PvE and PvP as you game machine is now inside ANETs AWS data centre. You can now subscribe to ANETs rent a GW2 Supercomputer model from June 1st.

Pricing to be confirmed, Marketing to be confirmed, Release year to be confirmed (when it’s ready).

You can do this for yourself right nowTechnical details are here : (Windows)https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/NVIDIA-NVIDIA-Gaming-PC-Windows-Server-2019/B07STLTHM8Yes you can rent a Nvidia Gaming PC inside AWS and build a cloud gaming service. Pricing is / hr.

(Linux)https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/NVIDIA-NVIDIA-Gaming-PC-Ubuntu-1804/B07SSKJMBJ

—If this works, this would be a viable replacement.

@Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:

1. Can my computer handle it?

It's 2020.... If your computer cant handle a 7 year old game you need to re evaluate your life priorities.

As much as I'd like to play Guild Wars, I'm
not
buying a new computer for that reason alone. My priorities are just fine.

How old is your computer, then?

@kharmin.7683 said:

1. Can my computer handle it?

It's 2020.... If your computer cant handle a 7 year old game you need to re evaluate your life priorities.

As much as I'd like to play Guild Wars, I'm
not
buying a new computer for that reason alone. My priorities are just fine.

How old is your computer, then?

Not sure off the top of my head since it's secondhand. Is it really relevant though?