BOON Reaper WvW roaming / Use the Force

Mikhael.2391

Nice to see you moved away from that core cheese build!

Decent build (maybe a bit low on the swiftness side, but not an issue teamed up).

Personally I would change Consume Conditions to YSIM! Harder to interrupt, better healing and your build has enough cleanses anyway.

@KrHome.1920 said:Nice to see you moved away from that core cheese build!

Decent build (maybe a bit low on the swiftness side, but not an issue teamed up).

Personally I would change Consume Conditions to YSIM! Harder to interrupt, better healing and your build has enough cleanses anyway.

If you see my original build on previous boon build on my channel it was like that. but I have been using this as when fighting a lot of number it helps to jump in corrupt and use quickness to heal for a bunch.

But yeah when I don't have quickness which should be pretty much all the time YSIM is better.

And the cheese build still has more success against other cheese builds. reaper has next to no chance against high cc classes namely reaver thief ranger and so on.

Until can't addresses the CC properly nothing can be done.

Nice pulls!

Some problems with your build tho. You are speccing way too much into boon duration and toughness but you know what i like that kind of thing. Going balls deep into particular stats. But the thing is, you are not getting the sustain worth the stats you input.

If you dont mind some inputs from me -

1. When you use death magic with power builds, you always have to consider antitoxin runes for insane sustain against condi or movement impairing condis. Pair that with relentless pursuit and 1 cleansing sigil and you are a unstoppable force in reaper form. Btw antitoxin scales with sigil of generosity and spectral walk too which you are using.

2. Curses is not that great in your build. Unless you go for hybrid grieving gear or something, curses is not that impactful. I would take spite for more might and op sustain from signet trait and replace heal skill and the pull with heal signet and signet of undeath. This would fit the tanky boon monster theme of your build so well.If you are hell bent on taking curses then give aristocracy rune a try. It gives insane might with curses.

These are some of my suggestions and i quicky made a link by updating from your build for you to reference if you are interested in trying.

"http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAEd3lRwsYeMNWJOuOvtfA-zVJYgRN/pkpQIWRQvSgoVAS+CEQ2SRuWA-w"

@"XECOR.2814" said:Nice pulls!

Some problems with your build tho. You are speccing way too much into boon duration and toughness but you know what i like that kind of thing. Going balls deep into particular stats. But the thing is, you are not getting the sustain worth the stats you input.

1. When you use death magic with power builds, you always have to consider antitoxin runes for insane sustain against condi or movement impairing condis. Pair that with relentless pursuit and 1 cleansing sigil and you are a unstoppable force in reaper form. Btw antitoxin scales with sigil of generosity and spectral walk too which you are using.

2. Curses is not that great in your build. Unless you go for hybrid grieving gear or something, curses is not that impactful. I would take spite for more might and op sustain from signet trait and replace heal skill and the pull with heal signet and signet of undeath. This would fit the tanky boon monster theme of your build so well.If you are hell bent on taking curses then give aristocracy rune a try. It gives insane might with curses.

These are some of my suggestions and i quicky made a link by updating from your build for you to reference if you are interested in trying.

"http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAEd3lRwsYeMNWJOuOvtfA-zVJYgRN/pkpQIWRQvSgoVAS+CEQ2SRuWA-w"

Actually grieving gear is on my next project with this build yes.

But I find the build you linked interesting might have a go. I would keep chilling victory instead of decimate defenses because even with signet for more SE the utilities form weapons and bar don't really give much SE.

But I might have a go at it tonight. just change the gear runes to antitoxin thanks ;)

@Mikhael.2391 said:

@"XECOR.2814" said:Nice pulls!

"
"

But I find the build you linked interesting might have a go. I would keep chilling victory instead of decimate defenses because even with signet for more SE the utilities form weapons and bar don't really give much SE.

But I might have a go at it tonight. just change the gear runes to antitoxin thanks ;)

I took decimate defenses because since you dont have sr or curses your crit chance drop downs a lot but since we took spite, it gives lot of vuln specially when we chill enemies which we do a lot. It covers all your crit chance so you dont have to worry about not critting. Chilling victory is not that great. Also i dont understand what you mean by SE.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:Nice pulls!

"
"

I took decimate defenses because since you dont have sr or curses your crit chance drop downs a lot but since we took spite, it gives lot of vuln specially when we chill enemies which we do a lot. It covers all your crit chance so you dont have to worry about not critting. Chilling victory is not that great. Also i dont understand what you mean by SE.

Soul Essence = SE life force lol

But even with decimate I have 60%crit right?

@Mikhael.2391 said:

"
"

You are on 60% just from gear and every vuln you put on enemy you get 2% crit chance. On 20 vuln on enemy you will have 40% extra crit chance thus making crit chance cap.

Way too low damage in my opinion and the build gets heavily countered by any form of boonstrip or convert (lots of core necro's nowadays, spellbreakers running around, condinrevs).

I played around a lot with builds, that tried to use the boon theme.But in the end, I ended up with a soulreaping deathmagic build, without any boonduration at all.

The reasons for this.Yes necro has some easy access boons. But some are still hard to get (fury for example). Other classes just do that better.Why should I invest into getting boons, if I can get the same survivability and maybe even better damage, when I don't invest into boons?

It always felt like boon reaper needs time to ramp up, just like a condition build, but that's not what you want from a power build. You do want the controlled on demand burst.

And as I already mentioned: you are reliant on the boons, if you don't have them, you won't be killing anything.While there's builds, that don't need the boons. So why play a build that uses them?

So I moved away from that. Utilizing the speed rune to catch a lot of people off guard. and not the antitoxin rune, I don't like it, only makes you resistant against conditions, but if you still can't follow your enemy, that's kinda pointless + it makes you kinda waste stats, as you get condition damage from them, that you don't need/want on a power build. Plus speedrunes give the health so I can invest my stats from equipment somewhere else.

@Nimon.7840 said:Way too low damage in my opinion and the build gets heavily countered by any form of boonstrip or convert (lots of core necro's nowadays, spellbreakers running around, condinrevs).

I played around a lot with builds, that tried to use the boon theme.But in the end, I ended up with a soulreaping deathmagic build, without any boonduration at all.

The reasons for this.Yes necro has some easy access boons. But some are still hard to get (fury for example). Other classes just do that better.Why should I invest into getting boons, if I can get the same survivability and maybe even better damage, when I don't invest into boons?

It always felt like boon reaper needs time to ramp up, just like a condition build, but that's not what you want from a power build. You do want the controlled on demand burst.

And as I already mentioned: you are reliant on the boons, if you don't have them, you won't be killing anything.While there's builds, that don't need the boons. So why play a build that uses them?

So I moved away from that. Utilizing the speed rune to catch a lot of people off guard. and not the antitoxin rune, I don't like it, only makes you resistant against conditions, but if you still can't follow your enemy, that's kinda pointless + it makes you kinda waste stats, as you get condition damage from them, that you don't need/want on a power build. Plus speedrunes give the health so I can invest my stats from equipment somewhere else.

Thing is. i corrupt every one fighting with that too. so if they corrupt me I corrupt them back and even transfer condis into them. Only ranged, cc and stealth (of course) break me easier because it is broken at the moment.

So if I corrupt them back they wont do much damage tome either and wurm shroud 2 plus grasp allows me to stay on targets enough but not perfect. reaper necro scourge will never be as good as other classes at roaming until they balance this.

feel free to duel with your build and we can test out damage output etc. just did yesterday with XECOR.2814 late at night for 2 hours and we had fun testing stuff.

@XECOR.2814 said:

"
"

You are on 60% just from gear and every vuln you put on enemy you get 2% crit chance. On 20 vuln on enemy you will have 40% extra crit chance thus making crit chance cap.

Have tested this morning the build it has one problem. boon heavy classes wears us down eventually. I could not corrupt at all so they kept having all boons and lasted until backup came around several fights.

But as we say yesterday at least for 1vs1 or even outnumbered fights against classes with less boons or survival it does well. We may need to think of a way as alternative for my original boon build. maybe grieving gear is the way.

@Mikhael.2391 said:

"
"

Have tested this morning the build it has one problem. boon heavy classes wears us down eventually. I could not corrupt at all so they kept having all boons and lasted until backup came around several fights.

But as we say yesterday at least for 1vs1 or even outnumbered fights against classes with less boons or survival it does well. We may need to think of a way as alternative for my original boon build. maybe grieving gear is the way.

Always play focus against boon heavy classes. Also you need more damage on gear sometimes to fight these classes to pressure them when they are not chaining blocks, evades etc. Corrupt shout with shout trait is very good against boon heavy classes. Just because they have boons that doesnt mean they can live, even people with all boons die while having them, dont think that corrupt is the only way. You just need to watch out for stab before cc, always remove aegis before cc and prot could be annoying but doesnt matter much if you can cc chain them. Get absorption sigil on gs. Unless you are fighting condi or bunker power rev you should be fine. Power Dh can also give some trouble but you can win if played wisely with corrupt shout. Try interrupt the heal and all power builds get free farmed.

One of the combos to kill warr/guard/holo/ when they try to kite and resustain is: pop corrupt shout -> gs5 -> nightfall -> gs3 -> weapon swapenemy will dodge once so wait a sec while aa them-> axe2 -> axe3

If you use this combo with absorption on gs they will most likely die or be pressured enough to die to autos.

I tried this again. Playing a boonheavy build. I'll share it as soon as I get home from work.Most of the times you get 10-17seconds quickness left when leaving shroud.

Problems:Bad might uptime.And it's very hard to play against other necro's, that heavily play corrupt.

Also impossible to kill mediocre or better thiefes. You just lack the burst damage.

@XECOR.2814 said:

"
"

Always play focus against boon heavy classes. Also you need more damage on gear sometimes to fight these classes to pressure them when they are not chaining blocks, evades etc. Corrupt shout with shout trait is very good against boon heavy classes. Just because they have boons that doesnt mean they can live, even people with all boons die while having them, dont think that corrupt is the only way. You just need to watch out for stab before cc, always remove aegis before cc and prot could be annoying but doesnt matter much if you can cc chain them. Get absorption sigil on gs. Unless you are fighting condi or bunker power rev you should be fine. Power Dh can also give some trouble but you can win if played wisely with corrupt shout. Try interrupt the heal and all power builds get free farmed.

One of the combos to kill warr/guard/holo/ when they try to kite and resustain is: pop corrupt shout -> gs5 -> nightfall -> gs3 -> weapon swap
enemy will dodge once so wait a sec while aa them
-> axe2 -> axe3

If you use this combo with absorption on gs they will most likely die or be pressured enough to die to autos.

Might give it another go. But beyond core necro condi build reaper cannot keep up with stupid constant interrupts from thiefs. there is just no way.

@Nimon.7840 said:I tried this again. Playing a boonheavy build. I'll share it as soon as I get home from work.Most of the times you get 10-17seconds quickness left when leaving shroud.

Problems:Bad might uptime.And it's very hard to play against other necro's, that heavily play corrupt.

Also impossible to kill mediocre or better thiefes. You just lack the burst damage.

Well Anet does not want thiefs to be balanced. stealth access and uptime plus interrupts out of the a$$ makes it fun fights only for thiefs.

Would love to get people sharing videos of their gameplay ;)

@Mikhael.2391 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:I tried this again. Playing a boonheavy build. I'll share it as soon as I get home from work.Most of the times you get 10-17seconds quickness left when leaving shroud.

Well Anet does not want thiefs to be balanced. stealth access and uptime plus interrupts out of the a$$ makes it fun fights only for thiefs.

A lot of necro builds cancel dd/pd thieves pretty well if played right. Even playing MM, i can often thwart them off, tho a well or 2 really would help more. Use your marks and aoe skills mwahaha.

How well does it do against Guardians and rangers?

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

A lot of necro builds cancel dd/pd thieves pretty well if played right. Even playing MM, i can often thwart them off, tho a well or 2 really would help more. Use your marks and aoe skills mwahaha.

Only bad thief will let you use marks. all they need is constant pressure on necro. they can interrupt and auto attack at ease. this build works perfect against guardians. rangers will eventually wear it down because again , can't idea of balance is having 1500 range damage on a class that has so much mobility and stun breaks and access to boons.

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Only bad thief will let you use marks. all they need is constant pressure on necro. they can interrupt and auto attack at ease. this build works perfect against guardians. rangers will eventually wear it down because again , can't idea of balance is having 1500 range damage on a class that has so much mobility and stun breaks and access to boons.

Good info, thanks! I'm general long ranged classes counter necros pretty well if they can maintain their distance. I'll have to try this build out just to play with something different. :-)

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

Good info, thanks! I'm general long ranged classes counter necros pretty well if they can maintain their distance. I'll have to try this build out just to play with something different. :-)

Let me know how it went ;)

@Mikhael.2391 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:I tried this again. Playing a boonheavy build. I'll share it as soon as I get home from work.Most of the times you get 10-17seconds quickness left when leaving shroud.

well in wvw theres a lot of idiotic builds, necro is weak against Long range and lots of mobility /rifle deadeye and Sword +x thief are almost impossible to beat. but they can also just kite you on 900 range with shortbow. on a good thief you will rarely land any hit at all. and it sucks if you can land a stun on them, but dmg has gotten Pretty low, so they eat almost all your shroud 4 and still dont die. sux.

anyways. heres the build i ran with http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAEd3lVwsYcMPWJeeXnNbA-zRpYBRNAGmYQRwB5cEE4pEmCITJQvigoFCKeWqSZD-e

@Nimon.7840 said:

well in wvw theres a lot of idiotic builds, necro is weak against Long range and lots of mobility /rifle deadeye and Sword +x thief are almost impossible to beat. but they can also just kite you on 900 range with shortbow. on a good thief you will rarely land any hit at all. and it sucks if you can land a stun on them, but dmg has gotten Pretty low, so they eat almost all your shroud 4 and still dont die. sux.

anyways. heres the build i ran with

seems nice, but I never know if it will have that much more significant difference in damage at cost of sustain. do you have any clips to show of videos?

@Mikhael.2391 said:

seems nice, but I never know if it will have that much more significant difference in damage at cost of sustain. do you have any clips to show of videos?

Nah sorry. Didnt record something yet. But if there's a chance I'll do it and share

@Nimon.7840 said:

Nah sorry. Didnt record something yet. But if there's a chance I'll do it and share

looking forward to it ;)