Jump to content
  • Sign Up

*Spoilers* If you could change One moment in the entire story of GW2, what would it be? *Spoilers*


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dan.9304 said:

@moonstarmac.4603 said:Demmi wouldn't die. She and Valette would both work for Anise.

replace marj with demmi would be good. marj is a nothing character.

It's very ironic to me when people suggest Marjory should die, since she was originally a red shirt character in Season 1. The original Season 1 finale had Marjory dying, but the playerbase loved her character so much that ANet rewrote the S1 finale so that she would be injured to the point of a critical state but survive.

Yet ever since HoT and on, people have been bashing her character and demanding her death. Just like they did with Trahearne.

Braham's the same - loved in Season 1 and 2, and bashed constantly since.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:It's very ironic to me when people suggest Marjory should die, since she was originally a red shirt character in Season 1. The original Season 1 finale had Marjory dying, but the playerbase loved her character so much that ANet rewrote the S1 finale so that she would be injured to the point of a critical state but survive.

Yet ever since HoT and on, people have been bashing her character and demanding her death. Just like they did with Trahearne.

Braham's the same - loved in Season 1 and 2, and bashed constantly since.Its funny, I HATED the B-Team cast all throughout S1 and 2 because they were utterly one note caricatures with no depth or real personality. I only liked them from around HoT onward because they actually started to get good.

The thing most people cite as to why they hate Braham, Crack in the Ice, is actually what got me to like Braham at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@cyberzombie.7348 said:The PC retaining the position as a Pact Commander. Imagining the perks and opportunities for new gameplay mechanics that could have opened up, that was a shot in the foot to me. Plus it seems off that my guildmates calls me commander even though none of them were from the Pact.

What would you rather have them call you?Dragon Slayer?God Stomper?

Poobah?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Joko's death instead of him dying after being eaten he should come out of Aurene's belly living her dead and then rising her up.

Taimi dying.

The part where Kralkatorik literally destorys all the dimensions of the world and next day everything is fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LWS 3 Episode 3, a Crack in the Ice. The cave sequence with Braham and Rox. That one boiling moment where Braham becomes unbearable I'd love to have my character just beat the absolute shit out of him and spit in his face telling him what a ridiculous man-child he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lahmia.2193 said:The entirety of the One Path Ends storyline. The manner in which Lazarus is killed off is just insulting. The whole joining the Shining Blade part. Everything about it is terrible.

I had to go through it again because I helped a new player friend going through the story.I felt I had to apologize to him for not making him skip it. The story was so atrocious.I got a headache remembering what would soon happen to him.He's afraid starting PoF now after seeing something so badly written.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:The entirety of the One Path Ends storyline. The manner in which Lazarus is killed off is just insulting. The whole joining the Shining Blade part. Everything about it is terrible.

I had to go through it again because I helped a new player friend going through the story.I felt I had to apologize to him for not making him skip it. The story was so atrocious.I got a headache remembering what would soon happen to him.He's afraid starting PoF now after seeing something so badly written.

I am the friend in question.This episode is the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life when it comes to story telling. It dwarves the abyss that FFXIII is. It makes Dragon Age 2 looks like a masterpiece. Even the movie CATS feels like it was written for success.Everything, I really mean it, everything, is bad in episode. I just can't believe any serious writer could possibly go behind this. I am still trying to figure out a way to accept that this has somehow made it into production.The previous chapter was really good and I loved it, how can things just fall into an infinite abyss like this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@Fueki.4753 said:

@cyberzombie.7348 said:The PC retaining the position as a Pact Commander. Imagining the perks and opportunities for new gameplay mechanics that could have opened up, that was a shot in the foot to me. Plus it seems off that my guildmates calls me commander even though none of them were from the Pact.

What would you rather have them call you?

Poobah?

 

Totally!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Drizzt.1796 said:

@cyberzombie.7348 said:The PC retaining the position as a Pact Commander. Imagining the perks and opportunities for new gameplay mechanics that could have opened up, that was a shot in the foot to me. Plus it seems off that my guildmates calls me commander even though none of them were from the Pact.

What would you rather have them call you?

Poobah?

 

Totally!

Absolutely. But only by friends. For others it's

! THE Poobah.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since yesterday, I'd definitely change the entire plot of Jormag Rising to at least make a sliver of sense.

Also, I'd stop Jormag from being called by those so-called gender neutral pronouns.Zhaitan, Mordremoth and Kralkatorrik all had defined genders.There is no need to start pandering, when we get to a female Elder Dragon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Fueki.4753" said:Since yesterday, I'd definitely change the entire plot of Jormag Rising to at least make a sliver of sense.

Also, I'd stop Jormag from being called by those so-called gender neutral pronouns.Zhaitan, Mordremoth and Kralkatorrik all had defined genders.There is no need to start pandering, when we get to a female Elder Dragon.

Yep, they were all proud and non-caring genderless "ITs".I wonder, did Jormag ever mentioned it considers itself "they"? Or why does everyone and their grandma know they should call it that way?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Fueki.4753" said:Since yesterday, I'd definitely change the entire plot of Jormag Rising to at least make a sliver of sense.Except that it does?

Also, I'd stop Jormag from being called by those so-called gender neutral pronouns.Zhaitan, Mordremoth and Kralkatorrik all had defined genders.There is no need to start pandering, when we get to a female Elder Dragon.Actually, Zhaitan and Mordremoth are usually called "it" in game. Only Kralkatorrik and Jormag have had gender roles assigned to them. And even then, back in 2010, it was established that all Elder Dragons are genderless - it has nothing to do with pandering, since the fact was established before the movement got any popularity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Actually, Zhaitan and Mordremoth are usually called "it" in game. Only Kralkatorrik and Jormag have had gender roles assigned to them. And even then, back in 2010, it was established that all Elder Dragons are genderless - it has nothing to do with pandering, since the fact was established before the movement got any popularity."It" in itself is defined in regards to gender. "It" not having a gender is known.

"They" however, is not defined at all."They" means it could be any gender. "They" could be male, female, something in between, neither or even both.

Before this episode, Jormag was usually called "it".That "it" hasn't been continued, makes the pandering obvious.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Actually, Zhaitan and Mordremoth are usually called "it" in game. Only Kralkatorrik and Jormag have had gender roles assigned to them. And even then, back in 2010, it was established that all Elder Dragons are genderless - it has nothing to do with pandering, since the fact was established before the movement got any popularity."It" in itself is defined in regards to gender. "It" not having a gender is known.

"They" however, is not defined at all."They" means it could be any gender. "They" could be male, female, something in between, neither or even both.

Before this episode, Jormag was usually called "it".That "it" hasn't been continued, makes the pandering obvious.

Nope. It is as gender neutral as they, grammatically, it's just considered rude.

Don't worry, though. At some point, you'll be sufficiently comfortable with your own identity - whatever it is - that you won't be triggered by an imaginary dragon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are too many such moments I'd chance, but no single moment stands out in particular. For instance, I would change everything about Balthazar's behavior during Season 3; I couldn't take him seriously, he was pathetic (so was the whole storyline).

Edit: Come to think of it, I believe I would award the Shining Blade "ceremony" the most embarrassing moment in all of GW2. The movie sequence had me in stitches. The whole mission (apart from the fight against your fears) was one big joke to me. If I could change that into something different and cool I'd do that. I used to have such a high regard for the Shining Blade before that mission.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bolshie.6137 said:It is as gender neutral as they, grammatically, it's just considered rude.

How is a word, that is part of the basics of the basics of the language even remotely considerable as rude?Modern people have weird problems.Next thing we see is right-handed SJWs being offended by left-handers offering their left hands for a shake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it's the charge into Maguuma and the capture of Trahearne and DE. The Mordremoth attack on this ships showed an awesome level of Elder Dragon power, created a fantastic map and made logical sense in the turning of the Sylvari.

However, that's where the positives end. Capturing key NPC's meant the focus on the story was a headlong charge into the jungle and unfortunately it was at the expense of what could have been a well fleshed out campaign. Everything was so rushed, we lost any real depth to the Sylvari story and the effect on wider civilisation, Malyck was cut and of course a very sudden "eureka" moment in how we work out how to kill Mordy.

That was a defining era for me because whilst I thoroughly enjoyed most of HoT as a whole, it laid bare how little time the writers were given or how little the directors cared at all, for the story and narrative. S2 had its faults, but apart from some loose ends it held together pretty well I thought and didn't try to rush the main narrative. Hot spent no time in savouring the story and it was over far too soon.

I totally get the Shining Blade story S3E6 as being a popular choice here as it remains one of the worst episodes for both story and map, but it didn't alter the fate of the story. It just showed how little the writers cared about the lore. But by that point, given how they treated Jormag's tooth among other things, that point was long since made.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Bolshie.6137" said:It is as gender neutral as they, grammatically, it's just considered rude.

How is a word, that is part of the basics of the basics of the language even remotely considerable as rude?Modern people have weird problems.Next thing we see is right-handed kitten being offended by left-handers offering their left hands for a shake.

The usage of "it" to define a living creature being been considered rude is actually a very old issue in the English language, though I agree that it's weird. This is why, prior to modern gender-related movements, "he" was usually the go-to pronoun for unknown gender. When the movements began but didn't have real traction, some people (primarily feminists) preferred using "she". Using "they" is indeed a modern movement, though it's been used rarely for ages just as using "she" has been, but using "they" is intended to replace the use of "he" in case of unknown genders, rather than "it".

Using "it" has never been common practice in the English language, at least not in the past century.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Balthazar reveal in season 3, hands down.

That entire fiasco was the worst storytelling I have ever seen. A potentially monumental reveal such as one of the human gods was used for cheap shock value without any hints or implication. Just...bam...Balthazar. The whole disguise shenanigans as "Lazarus" was just hamfisted all the way to sunday. Of course, I could say the same for the 2nd half of season 3, which was the worst season, imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...