What would you prefer for the next mini season?

Other. Out of the requested game modes I think capture the flag would be most interesting. I mean a true one. Not like spirit watch (where it was still conquest).Can be made with small teams like 3 vs. 3 and a central flag (like the orb in spirit watch) that you have to get to your home base ... or with bigger teams (5 vs. 5 or so) and a map l ike Foefire or Stronghold where both teams would need ot defend a own flag.

If this isn't an option ... then I'd rather see 3 vs. 3 instead 2 vs. 2. Didn't like it at first (cause it seems unbalanced with 3 people focusing on killing 1) but i tcan be fun. I mean mini season is about testing and having fun. Not about balance and rank.

In the far distant future ... (maybe with next expansion ... the Canthan expansion in GW1 was the one that brought PvP stuff if I am informed correctly) the 10 vs. 10 or 15 vs. 15 and special maps with interesting game modes and mechanics.

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Maybe 15s otherwise make the rest of pvp population learn how to stronghold. It’s so ez l2p issues all around the board

Stronghold is a badly made MOBA.

• The map is too small for a MOBA.
  • The creep and environment variety is too small for a moba.
  • The supplies mechanics are too weird for a MOBA, MOBAs are all about combat and managing the level up of your character and the purchases.

They should made a larger MOBA map with automatized creeps and turrets, with every class starting at scaled level 60 and with each level up increasing your effective level by 1 up to a max of 80. It could be done and it could work. But no one will spent time playing Stronghold.

Another alternative: a 10 v 10 or 15 v 15 arena mode for guilds, using the guild hall arenas, in a "best of X" rounds format.

@skillze.7689 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I very seriously want to see a 1v1 season.

With build template quick swapping, it would prove to become a more diverse experience than most people are recognizing.

1v1 would be useless it would just be vet's crushing newish players. Totally unfun for them

As compared to 2v2 or 3v3? I do think 1v1 would be bad. It will dominated by 4-5 builds. And he balance is not designed for it.

@otto.5684 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I very seriously want to see a 1v1 season.

With build template quick swapping, it would prove to become a more diverse experience than most people are recognizing.

1v1 would be useless it would just be vet's crushing newish players. Totally unfun for them

As compared to 2v2 or 3v3? I do think 1v1 would be bad. It will dominated by 4-5 builds. And he balance is not designed for it.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:1v1 top 100 would be fbs and teefs

Except that's not true at all.

What you guys are referencing is the idea behind conquest build metas or 3v3s or even 2v2s. But during 2v2s we began to see a lot of build swapping during matches to create counter situations. During 1v1s this build swapping stuff goes 4 levels beyond.

Take just the Warrior class as example. There are so many build variants for 1v1s that could be used to counter literally any build that the Warrior was up against. But this kind of dynamic isn't really used during conquest because those off-meta variants don't perform well against the usual metas of other classes or for the dynamic of playing nodes. In 1v1s however, a player can use all forms of non-conquest viable builds to counter what they are up against.

With the release of build/gear templates, 1v1 season would be fun. You'd learn real quick that the "meta" for 1v1 would be like 3 or 4 build swaps for a class and not just some single one build.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Maybe 15s otherwise make the rest of pvp population learn how to stronghold. It’s so ez l2p issues all around the board

Stronghold is a badly made MOBA.
  • The map is too small for a MOBA.
  • The creep and environment variety is too small for a moba.
  • The supplies mechanics are too weird for a MOBA, MOBAs are all about combat and managing the level up of your character and the purchases.

They should made a larger MOBA map with automatized creeps and turrets, with every class starting at scaled level 60 and with each level up increasing your effective level by 1 up to a max of 80. It could be done and it could work. But no one will spent time playing Stronghold.

Another alternative: a 10 v 10 or 15 v 15 arena mode for guilds, using the guild hall arenas, in a "best of X" rounds format.

Yeah no ty. Such a bad idea

It is not enough ruined this game? You still want 5v5 15v15 point cap, beast slay mini games! Those are not pvp! Go try dragonball or wvw, gvg. 3v3 DM pure pvp and i guess it is too much for you because you can't be a pvp player ever. This mode is best one just need some balance things aspecially revenant and tempest thats all.