Revenant is the least played profession. Heres how to buff them

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you consider play hours per day, only taking into account the number of days that the profession actually existed for (2092 days for rev, 3243 for all the others as of today), the numbers are, in h

Please make Herald great. People are just asking for alac, I was hardly able to show off Herald glint dragon. At times have straight demand to change into alac. Please make sure your next coming balan

Being the least played does not mean it needs buffs. This is not league of legends, we have 9 classes, not 150.   If you want a broken overtuned class go and play firebrand, revenant is perf

@Obtena.7952 said:Revenant does not need a buff just because it's the least played profession. That's actually a nonsensical reason because there is always a least played class.

but it can be a signal of left behind class by the designers, or bad quality design. its mean few options for players. so they always should look at numbers.

Engineer is a prime example, their engineer replacing weapons skins is a demovation to get cool weapons. why i bother to use my legendary rifle, if the flamethrower replace it?

but i guess inst the case of revenant, but is the case of engineer.

Tbh. New classes always are lower populated when rev launched many had already done map completion and more on their mains. And to some that means alot.

I've met many in several mmorpgs who even when hate their class won't move because of their drive for completionists. And that at core are players that games such as gw2 would defiantly pull In

How many are honestly going to redo the entire process to have that same effect on a different class.

Rev was always going to less played because it launched after people had completed the game.

It's not a bad thing rev is played less. It's not important classes appeal to everyone. And statistics are skewed at best in a world people have uptoo 89 accounts for gold making purposes. I see plenty of revs, maybe not as many as necros but quite a few

I find rev alot of fun easily the most fun to play, many disagree but that's why option exists

• Like 1

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Revenant does not need a buff just because it's the least played profession. That's actually a nonsensical reason because there is always a least played class.

but it can be a signal of left behind class by the designers, or bad quality design. its mean few options for players. so they always should look at numbers.

Maybe, but if that's the case here, people would have to show it's true. Even at the time the thread was created, this wasn't true. I mean, look at the numbers all you want ... but there is ALWAYS a least played profession, so that definitely isn't a reason to buff a class. It's simply not a problem that needs to be fixed.

just made a revenant and got 80. ment to play this class ages ago, but forums put me off.

im running around grabbing my PoF hero points and Omg its easy. normaly play an engineer, but im loving how ancients are abit like kits (but good) didnt enjoy melle on my Thief, but bouncing around as revenant on Shiro and two swords is way more fun :)

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Please make Herald great. People are just asking for alac, I was hardly able to show off Herald glint dragon. At times have straight demand to change into alac. Please make sure your next coming balance covers this or nobody wants to play Herald anymore. Give them the buffs

On side note please shorten rev's hammer skill actions and hammer animations. Make these happen faster

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Posted (edited)

Before Herald can buff 10 people now 5, for hammer, he had skill 2 that went from him to the maximum now there is a small area that does not touch between the attack and the character, he apparently had the ability to play to heal in WvW even though it seems difficult, and he got the demon ... And soon his new special will also be very nerfed.

Ha yes for the nerf even more in addition to its energy consumption he had added CD to some skills.

For info or reminder The revenant can not choose his skill utility, heal and elite it depends on these legends.

As it was already said the revenant is good, but he excels in nothing

Edited by Angesombre.4630

IMO revenant has two main problems. They're why I don't play.

1) The elite spec bait and switch

For people who prefer energy / mana over cooldowns, the base revenant profession seemed like a dream come true. But 100% of elite specs have been crammed full of cooldowns.

Naughty ANet!!!!!!

2) Dinky mechanics

The joy of energy / mana over cooldowns is being in control of your character rather than inanely punching in a pre-determined optimal sequence of buttons to maximise DPS.

Revenant's energy swap on legend refill is inane. An alternative legend should be swapped to if it makes sense to do so in the context of the current combat situation, not automatically every 10 seconds for optimal energy.

Ancient Echo seems like a response to people not playing those bait-and-switch elites, but seriously, think about it. People not playing those specs because they don't love cooldowns are not going to love having to press the same button every 20 seconds for extra energy.

Less critical because you can choose not to take them but still a problem are traits with cooldowns.

• Like 1

Revenant is amazingly fun, there's a rhythm to efficient play that I haven't found elsewhere, certainly not in other MMOs. It's a niche class, and perhaps that's because the double resource cost / legend switch seems goofy at first. I have a Ranger, Elementalist, Thief, Warrior and Rev, and the Rev has been my main since it was released. One thing it could have though, is a bigger selection of skills.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread implies that Rev is the 'least played' (I'm assuming that's true) because it's suboptimal.

That is a begged question.

Far more likely that Rev is least played for the same reason Demon Hunter is least in WoW: it's NEW.

Even moreso than WoW, GW2 has a fat pile of players with 20,000+ AP, meaning they've been here a long, long time and have a full stable of 8 year old characters.  Maybe they want to play a Rev, at least a little, but don't want to pay for another toon slot?  Or they're just committed to the other 5 mains they play, and are uninterested in playing a class that is still oscillating in the "might be OP, nerf it to the ground" phase of play.

• Thanks 1

Wait people aren't using short bow?!?!?!?! *looks at my 2 guerilla arcs* WHAT EVEN ARE YOU!?!?!?!? 
I can understand complaining about renegade stance tho. Outside of PvP (where the circle covers a point) its kinda awful.

• Confused 2
On 5/29/2021 at 3:48 PM, jpsssss.7530 said:

Wait people aren't using short bow?!?!?!?! *looks at my 2 guerilla arcs* WHAT EVEN ARE YOU!?!?!?!? 
I can understand complaining about renegade stance tho. Outside of PvP (where the circle covers a point) its kinda awful.

Dunno, I've seen a ton of renegades in WvW and they dumpster people. And are hard to kill; Where as heralds are easy to deal with and core is a meme.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
On 6/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Dunno, I've seen a ton of renegades in WvW and they dumpster people. And are hard to kill; Where as heralds are easy to deal with and core is a meme.

I'm talking about the stance IE Kalla that comes with Renegade. The spec it self only has the failing that Rev has as a whole in not having any means to effectively deal with a condi build. If you run into a condi group you lose. WHICH NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. One archetype than anybody can use should not counter a whole CLASS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, jpsssss.7530 said:

I'm talking about the stance IE Kalla that comes with Renegade. The spec it self only has the failing that Rev has as a whole in not having any means to effectively deal with a condi build. If you run into a condi group you lose. WHICH NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. One archetype than anybody can use should not counter a whole CLASS.

Renegade is not a class, its a spec for one. My core Rev has NO issue dumpstering anyone who happens to be dumb enough to condi dump on me, mainly because Im playing off meta with my own build. The class is not the issue, renegades are the defacto now for many people. Most are switching to it or different classes after the condi-herald nerf...

I however love my rev, and its been my closest companion in tyria for many years. I refuse to swap out just because herald is now kinda meh... You gotta remember the difference between a spec and a class. If renegade could easily tackle both types of build then it would be god tier, which I doubt anyone wants. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yes, least played 

No, not a problem that needs to be fixed. 

That means is the class that neads less to be nerfed if nerfs happen lol...

Altough some core stuff and Herald needs some QoL on, tablet movement duration shorter CD with a better quoficient scaling with high healing power etc..

ATM herald is not needed in game due how good Renegade fits in the game being with condi stats or diviner power builds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

That means is the class that neads less to be nerfed if nerfs happen lol...

Altough some core stuff and Herald needs some QoL on, tablet movement duration shorter CD with a better quoficient scaling with high healing power etc..

ATM herald is not needed in game due how good Renegade fits in the game being with condi stats or diviner power builds.

No, what is the least played could be for many reasons and in theory not even be related to it's performance. 

• Confused 1