Revenant is the least played profession. Heres how to buff them

aaron.7850

2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

That means is the class that neads less to be nerfed if nerfs happen lol...

Altough some core stuff and Herald needs some QoL on, tablet movement duration shorter CD with a better quoficient scaling with high healing power etc..

ATM herald is not needed in game due how good Renegade fits in the game being with condi stats or diviner power builds.

Herald is having an identity crisis that ANet needs to figure out.  It really should work more on the support/healing side but it works as a DPS in spvp so who knows what it is.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, what is the least played could be for many reasons and in theory not even be related to it's performance. 

Humm doubt that, most players in this game play whatever gives them best performance with less dedication needed reason performance of a class is most time tied to damage ouput or boon spam, vor example ventari rev is tied to a low performance and useless builds most time, even if has the highest healing output.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Humm doubt that, most players in this game play whatever giver them best performance with less dedication reason performance of a class is most time tied to damage ouput or boon spam, vor example ventari rev is tied to a low performance and useless builds most time, even if has the highest healing output.

You can speculate all you like but I can assure you that 'least played' is not a reason for a class to change, either with nerfs or with buffs like the OP is requesting. There is ALWAYS a least played class. That's not an indication there is a problem with the class. It's just a consequence of people choosing classes for a vast number of reasons. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

38 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You can speculate all you like but I can assure you that 'least played' is not a reason for a class to change, either with nerfs or with buffs like the OP is requesting. There is ALWAYS a least played class. That's not an indication there is a problem with the class. It's just a consequence of people choosing classes for a vast number of reasons. 

I completelly agree i am not disagreeing, being least played does not meant  a huge classe buff nor is directly tied to something that needs to change, actually the legend that needs some very minimal QoL wich is in fact the less played legend but  is the best big heals in game...wich kinda proves that lowest played class doesnt mean the need of buffs...

But generally the reason is always " performance for whathever players need  or believe its better", but m8 not correspond  to the truth performance of certain roles wich leads to misunderstanding what being played less means.  🙂

Even that doesnt tell that herald is inferior to renegade.....i still believe they are 2 diferent topics.

I dont mind rev being the least played even if we deep the % i bet herald would be slight more played than core and being most of the revs on renegade builds, but that imo shows players would prefer renegade cause offers more to what game needs, just that.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, what is the least played could be for many reasons and in theory not even be related to it's performance. 

Still...  excluding class performance towards the game should not be done. its the sum of all parts that makes players play less Revenants.

Pitty that graphics does not show wich of the elite specs or core are being played 🙂 or wich are the most common traits to be found among  each class.

All i can say is that % of played classes alone is way to vague to discuss w/o any further info lol....reason u must add everything to the why and cant exlude anything.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you consider play hours per day, only taking into account the number of days that the profession actually existed for (2092 days for rev, 3243 for all the others as of today), the numbers are, in hours per day:

• Guardian: 31,600
  • Ranger: 27,593
  • Warrior: 27,286
  • Necromancer: 26,568
  • Elementalist: 25,314
  • Mesmer: 21,754
  • Thief: 20,102
  • Revenant: 14,403
  • Engineer: 11,968
  •  

Soooo... Engi is the least played class, by far

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, LordTemujin.5498 said:

Rev ? one must be masochist to play it ! especially herald :classic_biggrin:! I feel rev is slowly dying every patch... just has berserker was brutally murdered (unless you are  a top gamerz) and YES the hammer need to be revised a bit. slow clunky ... buggy that goes from warrior hammer too. 

Renegade is currently one of the strongest condi dps in pve. Support/heal renegade is one of the best support builds. Even power renegade is solid, and can provide some support. And this is in group setting. Solo, renegade is even stronger. In pvp renegade and herald are pretty good.

Rev is currently the best performing heavy armor class, and has been for over a year. It’s only issue is herald in pve.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

Renegade is currently one of the strongest condi dps in pve. Support/heal renegade is one of the best support builds. Even power renegade is solid, and can provide some support. And this is in group setting. Solo, renegade is even stronger. In pvp renegade and herald are pretty good.

Rev is currently the best performing heavy armor class, and has been for over a year. It’s only issue is herald in pve.

Guardian is by far the best performing heavy armor class 

also Heal Ren is meh. Imo it’s actually one of the worst supports since Firebrand, Druid, Chrono, Tempest, and arguably Scourge and Scrapper are all better. The only truly beneficial thing Heal Ren does is bring alacrity, but you don’t need Ren to be Heal for that.  It’s definitely bottom tier out of all of the above for support and healing otherwise due to the clunky mechanics and delays on its healing.  Obviously Alacrigade is good though, just Heal Rens are meh and in most situations unless the group is good id rather have any of the other healers since most of them carry far harder.  And if the group is good you likely don’t really need Heal Ren anyway.  Also Power Renegade is also meh since it requires a large hitbox to hit low-mid tier dps and has no appreciable burst compared to other power specs 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 12:48 PM, LordTemujin.5498 said:

Rev ? one must be masochist to play it ! especially herald :classic_biggrin:! I feel rev is slowly dying every patch... just has berserker was brutally murdered (unless you are  a top gamerz) and YES the hammer need to be revised a bit. slow clunky ... buggy that goes from warrior hammer too. 

Are you talking about competitive modes here? Because herald is one of the most broken classes for PVE at this moment. 

• Confused 8

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Are you talking about competitive modes here? Because herald is one of the most broken classes for PVE at this moment. 

I love how people just spam the confused face while being completly unable to argument why would revenant ever need buffs.

Meanwhile, Revenant is god tier in WvW, Raids, Fractals and Open World, and a very respectable pick in PvP

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

33 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I love how people just spam the confused face while being completly unable to argument why would revenant ever need buffs.

Meanwhile, Revenant is god tier in WvW, Raids, Fractals and Open World, and a very respectable pick in PvP

The confused faces are absolutely aimed at “Herald being one of the most broken classes for PvE right now.”  By no metric, not even in open world, is that true. Renegade and most other classes are straight better 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think that's an obvious schism between how Renegade performs, how unlikeable is the Legend and skill mechanics behind it, and how comparetively Herald and core Rev are both more likeable but perform way weaker in instanced PvE. Being said that, if one doesn't like instanced content, Herald & core Rev > Guardian at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Guardian is by far the best performing heavy armor class 

also Heal Ren is meh. Imo it’s actually one of the worst supports since Firebrand, Druid, Chrono, Tempest, and arguably Scourge and Scrapper are all better. The only truly beneficial thing Heal Ren does is bring alacrity, but you don’t need Ren to be Heal for that.  It’s definitely bottom tier out of all of the above for support and healing otherwise due to the clunky mechanics and delays on its healing.  Obviously Alacrigade is good though, just Heal Rens are meh and in most situations unless the group is good id rather have any of the other healers since most of them carry far harder.  And if the group is good you likely don’t really need Heal Ren anyway.  Also Power Renegade is also meh since it requires a large hitbox to hit low-mid tier dps and has no appreciable burst compared to other power specs 

I was primarily considering alacrity not healing. As guardian main, I have been preferring to play rev as of late. I think they are fairly close. I find rev has a better versatility solo. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

The confused faces are absolutely aimed at “Herald being one of the most broken classes for PvE right now.”  By no metric, not even in open world, is that true. Renegade and most other classes are straight better 

That's just a lack of awareness for the people that think that. Maybe your narrow view based on 'what's best' for instanced content tells you otherwise ... time to expand your view. 

You're the guy that takes the smallest piece of cake ... then complains there is no strawberry on it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's just a lack of awareness for the people that think that. Maybe your narrow view based on 'what's best' for instanced content tells you otherwise ... time to expand your view. 

You're the guy that takes the smallest piece of cake ... then complains there is no strawberry on it. 

I find this statement hilarious as a person who plays and has mained Rev, including Herald even in 2021, in ALL CONTENT regularly regardless of its "meta status" since rev was released.  You don't know me, you don't know my thousands upon thousands of hours of experience with this class and the game.  To assert this as me having "a lack of awareness" is you making huge assumptions about my experiences, character, and what I enjoy doing in the game .  Period.  If you legitimately think I don't know Herald's strengths and also its limits throughout ALL of PvE content (Story, Open World, Dungeons, Fractals t4/CMS, Raids, Strikes, DRMs) then you're quite mistaken.  I even use Herald for roles that almost no one else uses it for regularly, such as slub kiting on Qadim 1 or Pylon kiting on Qadim 2.  I'm very, very familiar with all of the potential niche uses of the spec and how well it does or does not perform relative to its cousin Renegade AND all other classes in all PvE content.

Resort to Ad Hominems all you want, but it's not a valid logical argument my guy and doesn't help you prove hilariously unfounded assertions about my opinions and level of awareness, nor does it help you prove that "Herald is one of the most broken classes in PvE."  Also interesting that nowhere in my above post do I insult you to try to prove my point, yet you come swinging with the off-topic, poorly assumed ad hominems.  Quite telling honestly

I'm not going to get into a "you're the type of guy" type argument with you because it's not based in sound logic at all and quite frankly it's incredibly middle-school.  I'd rather avoid that drama ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

I think that's an obvious schism between how Renegade performs, how unlikeable is the Legend and skill mechanics behind it, and how comparetively Herald and core Rev are both more likeable but perform way weaker in instanced PvE. Being said that, if one doesn't like instanced content, Herald & core Rev > Guardian at the moment.

You don't need to run the warband summons if you don't want to. Demon/Dwarf or Assassin/Dwarf are both quite respectable in multiple game modes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I find this statement hilarious as a person who plays and has mained Rev, including Herald even in 2021, in ALL CONTENT regularly regardless of its "meta status" since rev was released.  

OK ... I get you want buffs because you think Rev and it's especs are 'meh', but Herald is a very strong class, especially in OW despite your claims to the opposite. You should take some of your thousand hours and try it. If you don't think it's broken, I'm simply suggesting that's a lack of awareness .. the amount you play has no bearing on your ability to suddenly be insightful to what is possible with the especs of the Revenant.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

16 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OK ... I get you want buffs because you think Rev and it's especs are 'meh'

Nope.  Never said that.  Don't put put words in my mouth

but Herald is a very strong class, especially in OW despite your claims to the opposite.

Nope.  Never claimed it wasn't good in Open World.  Claimed that your statement written in your post "herald is one of the most broken classes for PVE at this moment" is an extraordinary claim with no actual proof provided.  Burden of Proof is on you to prove your point here when making claims, especially extraordinary ones.  That's how Burden of Proof works. 

You should take some of your thousand hours and try it.

I have and do.  Didn't read my post very closely

If you don't think it's broken, I'm simply suggesting that's a lack of awareness .. the amount you play has no bearing on your ability to suddenly be insightful to what is possible with the especs of the Revenant.

Still haven't proven your claims that it's broken (burden of proof still on you) and resorting back to ad hominems to try to prove your point.  Come back when you have something of substance and I'll be happy to debate actual argumentation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

You don't need to run the warband summons if you don't want to. Demon/Dwarf or Assassin/Dwarf are both quite respectable in multiple game modes.

Yep, when I run Renegade I go Shiro + Jalis or sometimes Shiro + Mallyx. But still Herald is where I spent 90% of my time (I play more Guardian than Renegade, and much less Guardian than Herald).