Open World Domination: Fire Weaver

Just curious. I read something in another thread about changes coming to boost Condi Weaver. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, I think I made the right choice in switching to the build that AliamRationem.5172 had suggested.

34 minutes ago, Eraden.8740 said:

Just curious. I read something in another thread about changes coming to boost Condi Weaver. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, I think I made the right choice in switching to the build that AliamRationem.5172 had suggested.

These changes will have more impact in group PvE (fractals/raids). The big one is they are doubling the condi damage boost from the breakbar debuff which will allow much better burst within those windows. But you'll also gain 5% damage to condi from the weaver grandmaster damage trait which previously impacted power only.

• Like 1

I like the duality of the forum. One guy on here constantly bemoaning the state of ele and doomposting and then at the top we have your thread which is a devastating top tier build for the class that can be tweaked for play in all modes of the game. Good stuff. Thanks for being a positive force in the community. 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, I just finished equipping a few infusions to get my Condi damage up to over 1600. Toughness is currently over 1700 and Vitality is over 22K. Haven't even finished getting my full set of ascended gear yet so those numbers will eventually get even bigger. The ability of this build to smash things and survive the counter attack in Open PVE is just redonkulous. I just love the brainstorming that you guys do here! It gives me a chance to explore this class more and try to understand the nuances of it.

• Like 2

I also play a Grieving/rampager fireweaver for fractals. It's quite good, burst is really high (not as much as power with FGS or precast glyph/meteor etc, but still )Rotation is quite easier too.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwkYXsJmJOqKbvKA-zRZYmBFwGO8ioBZEGVFQXCYfQCiNwrJFzWA-e

It doesn't really work outside (it's not optimal) , because it relies on Fractals Potion Conversion to cap 100% precision (or close), with banners and Weakness (edit*but without the signet of fire), but it also relies  on WeaveSelf (+20% condi damage) that last only  <30sec. Full grieving/sinister should be better.

I was playing the build with Runes of Balthazar instead of Flame Legion, I'm pretty sure they were better despite the miss of the damage modificator, but hard to say in practice with differents groups.

The next patch may buff a little this build.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

51 minutes ago, AlphatheWhite.9351 said:

I see some conversation earlier in the thread about Celestial, but from before the announced changes.

Does the addition of Expertise and Concentration to Celestial change the calculus for running a Cele variant of this build at all?

I am not a number cruncher, so I'm not sure what the math says.  I intend to test Celestial post-patch and find out first hand.  So, I'll let you know!

My expectation is that Celestial will continue to be an excellent sustain set with poor damage output.  The addition of condi and boon duration is welcome and adds some flexibility to the set.  But is it going to bring the damage up on par with Trailblazer or Viper for condi builds or push enough power/precision/ferocity to deliver meaningful power damage with a hybrid in solo play?  I doubt it.

I'm still going to give it a try, though!

Edit: Oops! Think I already responded to this and forgot.  Oh well!  You get to read my beautiful words again!

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 1

Alright, I tested out celestial and it's as I expected.  The damage just isn't competitive with Trailblazer or Viper and pushing more power hybrid only makes it worse.  This may work in WvW roaming, but unless I am doing it wrong you will perform better with Trailblazer or Viper in PvE.

Anybody testing any celestial builds that are working out for them?

• Like 1

I've played around with some stuff in the build editor.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwmYRMJmJOKXavbA-zxIY8ohvMysAKNBc4gECdbgFI+0A-e

Using full dire with balthazar runes and some infusions to get 80% burning duration (100% with weaver prowess) you have about 2900 armor, 26k hp, 2227 condi dmg (with 10 might), and not much of anything else. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwmYRMJmJOKXavLA-zxIY1oh/MyUBUzEQeTDBu0A-e

Using full celestial, with sigil of stars and runes of the traveler you have about 2700 armor,  22k hp, 1250 condi dmg (with 10 might), 73% crit chance (with fury), 210% crit dmg bonus, 770 healing power, some* 60% condi duration (80% burning, 100% with weaver prowess) and some* 80% boom duration. 

* estimations as the builder is not yet updated.

These are very good stats and I can see with some changes in the build it can work very well.

Mostly I'd use dagger offhand instead of focus to use the burst, and look at dropping arcane for air to increase crit dmg (up to 250% crit dmg) and make better use of all that crit chance. Could also go water instead of air for the raw dmg mods and healing. There can be a good combo there with piercing shards stacking vuln (with water/earth or earth/air dual skills) and then using flame grab win water/fire for maximum burst.

Celestial is looking good, but not really for the fire weaver build...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lLobo.7960 said:

I've played around with some stuff in the build editor.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwmYRMJmJOKXavbA-zxIY8ohvMysAKNBc4gECdbgFI+0A-e

Using full dire with balthazar runes and some infusions to get 80% burning duration (100% with weaver prowess) you have about 2900 armor, 26k hp, 2227 condi dmg (with 10 might), and not much of anything else. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwmYRMJmJOKXavLA-zxIY1oh/MyUBUzEQeTDBu0A-e

Using full celestial, with sigil of stars and runes of the traveler you have about 2700 armor,  22k hp, 1250 condi dmg (with 10 might), 73% crit chance (with fury), 210% crit dmg bonus, 770 healing power, some* 60% condi duration (80% burning, 100% with weaver prowess) and some* 80% boom duration. 

* estimations as the builder is not yet updated.

These are very good stats and I can see with some changes in the build it can work very well.

Mostly I'd use dagger offhand instead of focus to use the burst, and look at dropping arcane for air to increase crit dmg (up to 250% crit dmg) and make better use of all that crit chance. Could also go water instead of air for the raw dmg mods and healing. There can be a good combo there with piercing shards stacking vuln (with water/earth or earth/air dual skills) and then using flame grab win water/fire for maximum burst.

Celestial is looking good, but not really for the fire weaver build...

Naturally, I tried out a fire/air hybrid with more of a focus on power-based damage.  It didn't work.  Losing 1k condi damage (according to your numbers) was too much to make up for even with 200-220% crit damage, 60%+ crit rate, and 2k-ish power.  You give up more than you gain and you give up a ton of defense switching to dagger offhand, air instead of arcane, power runes instead of undead, etc.

I'm not saying it doesn't work.  It's still a tanky stat set and you can easily solo champions this way.  It's just going to take longer and you'll also be less resilient, as far as I can tell.

Just thought I'd share a little post-patch variety with a couple of different sword/focus condi weaver setups.

This is a strike mission using a Trailblazer/Undead rune fire/earth  build:

Here's a little 1vx in WvW using the same Trailblazer stats with Undead rune but fire/arcane traits:

• Like 1

I am not sure if you realized this but by fighting with the other teams npc your getting resolution something ele cant get unless your an azren races.

I think torment builds do it better now with roots and cc. I still dont get why torment is not on ele ice skills the effect is from an fractal boss that was an ice elemental.

• Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I am not sure if you realized this but by fighting with the other teams npc your getting resolution something ele cant get unless your an azren races.

I think torment builds do it better now with roots and cc. I still dont get why torment is not on ele ice skills the effect is from an fractal boss that was an ice elemental.

Really? I thought I was getting it from the arcane trait?  What do enemy NPCs do that grants boons for you?

I just fight the NPCs to make it more interesting, but I almost bit off more than I could chew this time! Those grenades hurt!

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Really? I thought I was getting it from the arcane trait?  What do enemy NPCs do that grants boons for you?

I just fight the NPCs to make it more interesting, but I almost bit off more than I could chew this time! Those grenades hurt!

Sadly that was removed a long time ago. Now ele has no way to get that new boon other then to get hit by npc in wvw or be an azren.

It was Elemental Contingency i guess an example of anet trying to re-balance the ele class but ultimely failing to.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elemental_Contingency

Edited by Jski.6180

30 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Sadly that was removed a long time ago. Now ele has no way to get that new boon other then to get hit by npc in wvw or be an azren.

It was Elemental Contingency i guess an example of anet trying to re-balance the ele class but ultimely failing to.

It's anet attempt to make ele worst any way they can without alerting the players

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Oh, that's right.  Hmm.  Imagine that?  Nearing plat rank in WvW and I never noticed you get boons for getting hit by guards!  You'll get no argument from me that ele should have better access to boons in general.  Still, it worked out okay this time!

14 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Oh, that's right.  Hmm.  Imagine that?  Nearing plat rank in WvW and I never noticed you get boons for getting hit by guards!  You'll get no argument from me that ele should have better access to boons in general.  Still, it worked out okay this time!

Not arguing just point things out you enjoy playing the build and you get good game play from it. Better yet your not pulling click bate FA builds making it even better. I person do not like condis dmg on ele (maybe if water and air had there own condis too it would be better) i more of an power dmg and control player.

I do wish they would rethink the boons on inturipson so you could get the new boon from interrupting on fire though 5 might dose not seem like much any more.

The recent patch increased the breakbar debuff for conditions from 50% to 100% and added a 5% condition damage buff option to weaver.  Here's a quick clip of the champion chak lobber hero point challenge in Auric Basin.  With 20.8k average DPS, it dies in 38 seconds.  You can see the combat log at the end of the video shows a peak burn tick of 40.7k while at the same time ticking for 15.6k bleed!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XzeM.4639 said:

Wondering if I can copy-paste the gear build if I'm using full exotic or do I need to tweak the prefix to get the same solo-ability. If it's the latter, which stats should I be prioritising?

It should work fine.  If Trailblazer stats and undead runes are too pricey, Dire stats with Balthazar runes are a cheap alternative.