Open World Domination: Fire Weaver

@zaekeon.5128 said:Yeah, two weavers throwing the buff back and forth would be cool but losing 10 might as a solo player every time you switch feels bad.

Agree tested it some and like you said it feels bad to just lose your stacks of might to the either. I'd have preferred the share to be added to a lower tier talent so we could choose whether to share might stacks. it's a shitty mechanic for anything but organized group play.

Is Might Makes Right next? Do they intend to implement this for type of sharing for everyone or they just want to cripple the already small Ele player base.

I wanted to provide another little update here. I was just playing around in AB as I sometimes like to do, and I did a Balthazar solo in 49s at 15.1k DPS. For reference, my best time pre-patch was 44s at 16k DPS. I know there's been some concern about how these changes might impact solo players. But if you are running my build at least, you have nothing to worry about.

Still, I find the patch insulting in its disregard for solo players. Removing some of the best features of these traits for solo play in order to benefit group players seems wrong to me. We should not have had to make that trade and I feel very strongly that they should reconsider this design. But in terms of actual outcomes in the activities I enjoy (open world/story, WvW roaming, PvP) not much has really changed. It's just a slight damage loss on a build that still has excellent damage and sustain.

Have fun out there! And we'll keep on pressing ANet to do the right thing here. Casual/solo players deserve some thought, too!

I play a lot and I'm pretty good at this (I think I can say that?), but my approach is decidedly casual and my build reflects that. I love the way it plays and I like to adapt it to all of the activities I enjoy in the game (mostly open world/story with some WvW roaming binges now and then and a sprinkle of unranked PvP!).

Fractals are not something I do often, but if I happen to be invited by friends I will usually go. I happened to be recording this time, so I got some video of me doing T4 dailies using my open world build (which is very similar to my WvW and PvP builds!). People have asked me before if you can use this build for fractals. It's not ideal and it's less ideal the better your group is, but for just getting through T4 dailies comfortably with a group that aren't necessarily experienced fractal runners, I think it performs more than adequately.

@"ZeroSkitzo.5403" said:Glad to see someone so committed to fire weaver. Mind posting your wvw and sPVP (unless same as your 7/7 vid) builds? I’m sure they’re very similar but that’s what I main. Also, nice duels on your YT!

Thanks! As with the fractal video, I'm not suggesting this is going to be meta. In fact, I expect that it works better in duels than it does in actual games played against players of this caliber. But so what? I like what I like! I've been experimenting with this setup since the patch was announced. The idea is to add some cover condi to (hopefully!) get a little more life out of my burn stacks.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZweYXMJmJOyXZvaA-zZoOjIlAZqAc7A

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@"ZeroSkitzo.5403" said:Glad to see someone so committed to fire weaver. Mind posting your wvw and sPVP (unless same as your 7/7 vid) builds? I’m sure they’re very similar but that’s what I main. Also, nice duels on your YT!

Thanks! As with the fractal video, I'm not suggesting this is going to be meta. In fact, I expect that it works better in duels than it does in actual games played against players of this caliber. But so what? I like what I like! I've been experimenting with this setup since the patch was announced. The idea is to add some cover condi to (hopefully!) get a little more life out of my burn stacks.

As long as you’re having fun, that’s what matters! What about wvw? Would you still run carrion and mirage rune?

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:Glad to see someone so committed to fire weaver. Mind posting your wvw and sPVP (unless same as your 7/7 vid) builds? I’m sure they’re very similar but that’s what I main. Also, nice duels on your YT!

As long as you’re having fun, that’s what matters! What about wvw? Would you still run carrion and mirage rune?

It's been a bit since I did any WvW and I am strictly a roamer, so I don't recommend this for zerg play. But I favor a combination of Trailblazer and Dire for WvW like I do in open world. I would probably either run Mirage rune like I do in PvP or Balthazar rune like I do in PvE. But sometimes I like to take speed runes for WvW, since so many of the builds I come across as a roamer have high mobility and like to kite.

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:Glad to see someone so committed to fire weaver. Mind posting your wvw and sPVP (unless same as your 7/7 vid) builds? I’m sure they’re very similar but that’s what I main. Also, nice duels on your YT!

It's been a bit since I did any WvW and I am strictly a roamer, so I don't recommend this for zerg play. But I favor a combination of Trailblazer and Dire for WvW like I do in open world. I would probably either run Mirage rune like I do in PvP or Balthazar rune like I do in PvE. But sometimes I like to take speed runes for WvW, since so many of the builds I come across as a roamer have high mobility and like to kite.

Sounds good - figured as much. Definitely wouldn’t run in zergs :). Thanks for the info!

@steki.1478 said:Btw, does weaver's prowess stack with condi duration to 100% or it can overcap it? Aka do you need 80% duration from gear/traits or you can go 100% regardless?

I don’t believe you can overcap condi duration so it would be a waste to go over 80% in pve. Note for pvp/wvw, it’s only 7% condi duration so you need to get to 93% in concept making more trailblazer gear worth it.

Just wanted to stop by and say THANK You! Finally have a fireweaver build I’m having success with in both ranked pvp and roaming wvw! Always loved the theme of sword weaver but could never make it work. So glad you posted this and have been providing updates throughout. Cheers!

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:

Just wanted to stop by and say THANK You! Finally have a fireweaver build I’m having success with in both ranked pvp and roaming wvw! Always loved the theme of sword weaver but could never make it work. So glad you posted this and have been providing updates throughout. Cheers!

That's super cool! I'm glad you found the right build!

I feel you on weaver. I tried to make it work several times in the past, but it just never clicked for me until this year. Now I'm having a hard time finding anything else I like better!

@AliamRationem.5172 I saw you've updated the build on gw2skills but I cant see any difference tbh. At first I though the GM fire talent had changed, but it as it turns out, it didn't, so what did u chage?Also, is the sigil of corruption worth taking over the sigil of bursting (5% condi damage)? I know it gives u a flat 250+ condi damage at 25 stacks and it also gives u a bit of endurance recovery, but we already have so many ways of getting the endurance back and get a few extra dodges, wouldn't it be better for a bit more dmg?

@TricksteR.1392 said:@AliamRationem.5172 I saw you've updated the build on gw2skills but I cant see any difference tbh. At first I though the GM fire talent had changed, but it as it turns out, it didn't, so what did u chage?Also, is the sigil of corruption worth taking over the sigil of bursting (5% condi damage)? I know it gives u a flat 250+ condi damage at 25 stacks and it also gives u a bit of endurance recovery, but we already have so many ways of getting the endurance back and get a few extra dodges, wouldn't it be better for a bit more dmg?

I didn't change the build, but the pyromancers puissance trait changed a bit and there were a couple of minor nerfs to a couple of relevant skills. The trait change may not be reflected in the skill editor, but you can see the details in release notes here on the forum.

As for bursting? I haven't done the math on that. 250 condi damage sounded good to me and you can actually keep the stacks while switching to a second weapon and use a third sigil. So maybe I will play with bursting and see how it goes.

@TricksteR.1392 said:@AliamRationem.5172 I saw you've updated the build on gw2skills but I cant see any difference tbh. At first I though the GM fire talent had changed, but it as it turns out, it didn't, so what did u chage?Also, is the sigil of corruption worth taking over the sigil of bursting (5% condi damage)? I know it gives u a flat 250+ condi damage at 25 stacks and it also gives u a bit of endurance recovery, but we already have so many ways of getting the endurance back and get a few extra dodges, wouldn't it be better for a bit more dmg?

I didn't change the build, but the pyromancers puissance trait changed a bit and there were a couple of minor nerfs to a couple of relevant skills. The trait change may not be reflected in the skill editor, but you can see the details in release notes here on the forum.

As for bursting? I haven't done the math on that. 250 condi damage sounded good to me and you can actually keep the stacks while switching to a second weapon and use a third sigil. So maybe I will play with bursting and see how it goes.

Sure thing, let me know your feedbackI'll be doing the same thing

@AliamRationem.5172 said:.. you can actually keep the stacks while switching to a second weapon and use a third sigil. So maybe I will play with bursting and see how it goes.

This is what I do when I use them on my Scrapper I'll use a rifle and build stacks, then switch my hammer. It is a bit of an inconvenience but it works. If you're on a map for a long time or in a meta where you dont go down. I'll do the same for my Ele have a staff with blood or corruption and switch back to my weapons after I've built up stacks.

I'm actually just being lazy. I carry my WvW focus and my open world focus. Running corruption + bursting by stacking 25 and swapping to the other offhand would be a good way to go, but instead I'm stacking 25 and swapping to...cleansing sigil. It's great for roaming, but pretty useless in most open world scenarios!

Firstly, it is heartening seeing someone so dedicated to Fire Weaver as you are. I myself have been PvPing with it even after it was no longer meta on Metabattle - keep up the good fight ^^http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZweYeMJmJOyXbvfA-z5YXGRmAZWAOMAThat is the build I've been using, and I was wondering if I could get some insight from you. I see the build you use is a lot more aggressive - have your duels on the side node gone well? Maybe I just have to be more skilled and know when to dodge ><I am personally enjoying Lightning Flash though - and I don't know if your build would work with it replacing Signet of Fire.

@"Nylarx.9671" said:Firstly, it is heartening seeing someone so dedicated to Fire Weaver as you are. I myself have been PvPing with it even after it was no longer meta on Metabattle - keep up the good fight ^^http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZweYeMJmJOyXbvfA-z5YXGRmAZWAOMAThat is the build I've been using, and I was wondering if I could get some insight from you. I see the build you use is a lot more aggressive - have your duels on the side node gone well? Maybe I just have to be more skilled and know when to dodge ><I am personally enjoying Lightning Flash though - and I don't know if your build would work with it replacing Signet of Fire.

It looks like we run pretty much the same build. I've been running carrion, but that's really more just a whim. Sage is probably the better choice, and I ran that until recently. I have a good bit of barrier on this build with the capability to take even more with bolstered elements. I feel like my healing is pretty good either way, but Sage amulet probably has better synergy with this build due to the increase in barrier. I think I just liked the idea of feeling more aggressive, if that makes sense?

Thanks for suggesting lightning flash. I think you may be right about that and I will have to give it a try. I could really use a gap closer/emergency save on a reasonable cooldown. I like the big long range burn on signet. It's a little unexpected when you're running around, trying to stay out of melee range and the weaver stacks a big burn on you anyway! It's even better because a lot of builds will CC and burst at melee range, then retreat to range to kite at which point the first thing they usually do is cleanse. Hitting them with fire signet just as they disengage and cleanse can score some useful damage at times! But can it measure up to that teleport? I'm not so sure I've made the right choice here. I'll test it out!

I apologize, but I don't actually PvP much. I have some dueling videos up just before and after patch, and it feels good to me in both cases. I feel dangerous at close range against most builds and I can usually use evasion and barrier along with CC and counter pressure to force opponents to move away from me. Meanwhile, I have pretty good projectile hate so killing me from range isn't usually feasible for most builds either. I think I could be effective here, but as conquest is about more than just dueling, I'm not sure this build would be the best way to go for climbing rank.

In any event, here are some recent dueling clips against platinum rank opponents so you can see how it does against a few different builds:

Spellbreaker

Core guard, core ranger, scrapper:

Reaper

I bit the bullet and gave your build a try and it was a lot less glass-cannon than I thought it was - mostly because of the constant Weakness and the focus on dodging to give out those torment stacks. I did eat dirt if I wasn't paying attention, but it felt like the build packed a bigger punch.Thank you for those videos. I didn't know you used Fire Signet so aggressively - I thought it was there mainly as a passive to make it so you crit more to proc Arcane Precision and Burning Precision. I do agree that I used to feel so useless when they would disengage and I wouldn't have the mobility to chase them - I'll keep in mind to be more trigger happy with Fire Signet.PS: You managed to kill a Reaper, which is so heartening. They are my absolute bane with their constant Chill uptime ^^

@Nylarx.9671 said:I bit the bullet and gave your build a try and it was a lot less glass-cannon than I thought it was - mostly because of the constant Weakness and the focus on dodging to give out those torment stacks. I did eat dirt if I wasn't paying attention, but it felt like the build packed a bigger punch.Thank you for those videos. I didn't know you used Fire Signet so aggressively - I thought it was there mainly as a passive to make it so you crit more to proc Arcane Precision and Burning Precision. I do agree that I used to feel so useless when they would disengage and I wouldn't have the mobility to chase them - I'll keep in mind to be more trigger happy with Fire Signet.PS: You managed to kill a Reaper, which is so heartening. They are my absolute bane with their constant Chill uptime ^^

I have been playing a bit with lightning flash and it does seem good. I like that it can be used offensively as a surprise gap closer or defensively, when I eat a stun and my no-stunbreak build feels a little inadequate! I think I might stick with this for a bit. I do like having it!

@Nylarx.9671 said:I bit the bullet and gave your build a try and it was a lot less glass-cannon than I thought it was - mostly because of the constant Weakness and the focus on dodging to give out those torment stacks. I did eat dirt if I wasn't paying attention, but it felt like the build packed a bigger punch.Thank you for those videos. I didn't know you used Fire Signet so aggressively - I thought it was there mainly as a passive to make it so you crit more to proc Arcane Precision and Burning Precision. I do agree that I used to feel so useless when they would disengage and I wouldn't have the mobility to chase them - I'll keep in mind to be more trigger happy with Fire Signet.PS: You managed to kill a Reaper, which is so heartening. They are my absolute bane with their constant Chill uptime ^^

I have been playing a bit with lightning flash and it does seem good. I like that it can be used offensively as a surprise gap closer or defensively, when I eat a stun and my no-stunbreak build feels a little inadequate! I think I might stick with this for a bit. I do like having it!

I put it in your build when I tried it, I find like you noted I can use it when knocked down to get out of danger, although it is a little funny to flash to another spot while laying on the ground.It also does some damage and can be used for style points in WvW when enemies are down. But really, I just like having a movement skill available in the build.

I'm assuming you're replacing the Fire Signet with it? Everything else seems too key to lose. And I'm glad to have contributed ^^I like it as a way to disengage, but also as a way to juke up cliffs when being chased. It also helps you get to nodes faster and escape once it gets too hot. I will miss Fire Signet though :p

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZweYXMJmJOyXZveA-zZoKjITgMLAHGAI've changed the build back to being a little bit tankier for PvP. I think your build is better for skilled players, but I feel like the crutch and the extra barrier really helps. Still sticking with Carrion Amulet though.And Fire Signet is amazing - having that long range option really helps! I usually open up with it to try to get them to dodge at ranged, and it feels so meaty whenever it sticks ^^