Are the Heroic Dragonsblood weapons (ascended) salvageable?

I needed an ascended weapon to salvage to get Ball of Dark Energy. I decided to craft the Heroic Dragonsblood Axe, since I had all the materials. I completed crafting it, placed the axe into my inventory, and tried to salvage it with an Ascended Salvage Tool, but it does not highlight the axe to allow the salvage to happen. I also tried with an Ascended Salvage Kit, and a BL Salvage Kit, but the axe continues to show as non-salvageable. Other ascended items in my inventory are salvageable (weapons, trinkets, and armor). I gave up trying to salvage the axe, I sacrificed a piece of ascended armor (gloves) to get my Ball of Dark Energy. Are the Heroic Dragonsblood ascended weapons non-salvageable? I even tried moving the axe to different bags in my inventory, same result. Bug or by design? Thanks!

I just tried with a Heroic Dragonsblood Torch and I got the same result as you, I wasn't able to salvage it with any kit, included ascended.

So it looks like they'e not, but I'm not sure why. My best guess is it's because once you've completed the collections and unlocked the recipe they're relatively cheap and easy to craft so it would be a very easy supply of dark energy. But that's just a guess, I don't know if that's the reason or not. It could be as easy as someone at Anet forgot to set them to be salvagable and no one's raised it as a problem before.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I just tried with a Heroic Dragonsblood Torch and I got the same result as you, I wasn't able to salvage it with any kit, included ascended.

So it looks like they'e not, but I'm not sure why. My best guess is it's because once you've completed the collections and unlocked the recipe they're relatively cheap and easy to craft so it would be a very easy supply of dark energy. But that's just a guess, I don't know if that's the reason or not. It could be as easy as someone at Anet forgot to set them to be salvagable and no one's raised it as a problem before.

They are hardly cheap ... crafting additional ones requires buying an item that requires 100 branded mass and 50g

It is also not that much cheaper even if you ignore the 50g item(this is nearly twice the price of the rest ...) https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-89741;1-80683;1-76271

The heroic dragonsblood weapons can also be put into the forge with an exotic inscription so it looks like you can stat swap them which would then allow salvaging so this just seems like someone forgot to make them salvageable.

• Thanks 1

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:I just tried with a Heroic Dragonsblood Torch and I got the same result as you, I wasn't able to salvage it with any kit, included ascended.

They are hardly cheap ... crafting additional ones requires buying an item that requires 100 branded mass and 50g

It is also not that much cheaper even if you ignore the 50g item(this is nearly twice the price of the rest ...)

The heroic dragonsblood weapons can also be put into the forge with an exotic inscription so it looks like you can stat swap them which would then allow salvaging so this just seems like someone forgot to make them salvageable.

I missed that, because I used the Wiki's calculator which lists that item as having 0 gold cost instead of 50g (I assume it's working on the cost of making the first one, where you get it from the achievement). But I also meant cheap compared to other ways of getting ascended weapons, especially crafted ones. All the ones I checked were 35g and up, and require more account bound items which can't be bought with gold. I'm not saying it would be easy for anyone to make dozens of them, just that it appeared to be a less expensive option once you've done the collection.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I just tried with a Heroic Dragonsblood Torch and I got the same result as you, I wasn't able to salvage it with any kit, included ascended.

It is also not that much cheaper even if you ignore the 50g item(this is nearly twice the price of the rest ...)

I missed that, because I used the Wiki's calculator which lists that item as having 0 gold cost instead of 50g (I assume it's working on the cost of making the first one, where you get it from the achievement). But I also meant cheap compared to other ways of getting ascended weapons, especially crafted ones. All the ones I checked were 35g and up, and require more account bound items which can't be bought with gold. I'm not saying it would be easy for anyone to make dozens of them, just that it appeared to be a less expensive option once you've done the collection.

For cheapest and requiring minimal account bound items the best choice is probably grieving.

For stat swapping and salvaging grieving is probably the best option too since Intact Mosaics are only 11s-16s.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

So if I tossed the heroic dragonsblood axe into the forge with a Grieving insignia, 5 ecto, and an Antology of Heros, I would get an ascended axe I could salvage? Kind of a long way around to get a Ball of Dark Energy. I still wonder then if they overlooked making them salvageable.

I went ahead and stat swapped it with an Intact Mosaic and I salvaged it. Now I have an extra Ball Of Dark Energy for my next legendary trinket or whatever. I just wont plan on crafting anymore ascended dragonsblood weapons unless I really want them, or they change them to salvageable.

• 1 year later...
On 6/1/2020 at 4:53 AM, Yasocim.4326 said:

I went ahead and stat swapped it with an Intact Mosaic and I salvaged it. Now I have an extra Ball Of Dark Energy for my next legendary trinket or whatever. I just wont plan on crafting anymore ascended dragonsblood weapons unless I really want them, or they change them to salvageable.

but some mess is here . if you already have rune and agony on swap stats yoyu will lose it. So anyway need tool to extract it and only after that swap stats, and salvage ... It looks like bug and it is.

Still on 2021 July 18 . More that one year

On 5/31/2020 at 2:47 PM, Khisanth.2948 said:

It is also not that much cheaper even if you ignore the 50g item(this is nearly twice the price of the rest ...) https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-89741;1-80683;1-76271

At least there's a cheap remedy to this problem. i think this is an issue with the trinkets in TP as well.