Master of the Ancestral Forge - Confused

Hello. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here. Do I have to make the Boreal weapons, or just buy the recipes off of Anette Eymundrdottir?As an example, I have the Boreal Greatsword recipe. I also made the Boreal Greatsword. However, it still remains grayed out. Do I have to equip it? Any insight is appreciated.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:Equip/bind to account (right-click option) or salvage. Boreal Weapons can be traded via TP, so unlocking the achievement for just owning them in your inventory makes no sense.

You can even buy all of them from TP, if you have enough money.

Thank you. That worked. Wanted to be sure before I equipped something I didn't really want and could no longer sell once I did.

@Krull.2431 said:

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:Equip/bind to account (right-click option) or salvage. Boreal Weapons can be traded via TP, so unlocking the achievement for just owning them in your inventory makes no sense.

You can even buy all of them from TP, if you have enough money.

Thank you. That worked. Wanted to be sure before I equipped something I didn't really want and could no longer sell once I did.

Dont you need them on your crafter to upgrade them?

You can bind them to the account and store them somewhere to upgrade them to Illuminated Boreal Weapons. Those are rather expensive, storing them until you have all the required materials can take a while. It depends on your preferences.

The alternative path is to craft a Restored Boreal Weapon, salvage it and use the Eitrite Ingot (1-2) for the next weapon. Once you have all unlocked, you re-purchase the Restored Boreal Weapons from Humble Stone in Spirit's Refuge (same map). This option is available for every Restored Boreal Weapon you bound to your account.

The copy only costs 2s 64c + 10x Eternal Ice Shards, which you will hoard in stacks when you start thinking about the Illuminated weapons. Weakpoints? The weapons from Humble Stone cannot be traded, obviously. They cannot be salvaged either. But they can be equipped and used for the upgrade.

In the end, it depends on your preferences.