[BUG] Essence Of Valor/Resilience/Vigilance Stacks Decaying

If a player has Tier 4 of an Essence Mastery, building stacks becomes a bit of a challenge because they lose 1 stack of the buff every minute. This stops occurring when the buff reaches maximum stacks (and effectively becomes another buff).

Note that this does not occur when Essence Masteries are Tier 1, 2, or 3. This only occurs with Tier 4 of the Mastery.

The issue is most noticeable in Drizzlewood Coast when observing Essence of Valor (green) as that color is slightly less common than the other two.

Really? I've always lost stacks no matter which Tier I had mastered.

Here's how it works:Collecting additional essence orbs while a power is active will add 1 minute per orb to the powers remaining time back up to the initial 30 minutes.Collecting additional essence orbs will reset the remaining time of the effects already stacked back to the initial 10 minutes.

As a friend pointed out to me the other day when I was complaining about lack of stacks.

The problem is that the mastery was designed for having clusters of mobs of the same type all gathered up. You can even read about that in the original blog post talking about these masteries. You were expected to kill in one area to build up then move to another to do the same to go in a cycle. Unfortunately in Drizzlewood is it all mixed up so that doesn't work.

These masteries were a terrible design to begin with and made worse by the mob distribution in Drizzlewood

Personally, I'm happy that it is a bit more difficult in Drizzlewood. Getting one buff is easy (generally vigilance), getting all three takes a bit of work. As, at T4, you can use all on any infused mob, one or two is pretty powerful, 3 is pretty OP!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Really? I've always lost stacks no matter which Tier I had mastered.

Here's how it works:Collecting additional essence orbs while a power is active will add 1 minute per orb to the powers remaining time back up to the initial 30 minutes.Collecting additional essence orbs will reset the remaining time of the effects already stacked back to the initial 10 minutes.

I know you're trying to explain this to me like I don't understand, but I promise you that I'm aware of how the mastery works.

What you're describing in the first line is relevant to having maximum stacks, resulting in a different buff ID than that mentioned in the topic. That's not relevant here.

Previously, 1 minute of time passing didn't make you lose one stack. (Tiers 1, 2, and 3.)

Now, you do lose 1 stack every minute (Tier 4).

@Khisanth.2948 said:As a friend pointed out to me the other day when I was complaining about lack of stacks.

The problem is that the mastery was designed for having clusters of mobs of the same type all gathered up. You can even read about that in the original blog post talking about these masteries. You were expected to kill in one area to build up then move to another to do the same to go in a cycle. Unfortunately in Drizzlewood is it all mixed up so that doesn't work.

These masteries were a terrible design to begin with and made worse by the mob distribution in Drizzlewood

I'm not worried about what this is designed for. This is a bug report forum. What is being described here is the way this mastery works now is different than how it worked before. Functionally different.

@SpinDashMaster.5680 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Really? I've always lost stacks no matter which Tier I had mastered.

Here's how it works:Collecting additional essence orbs while a
power
is active will add 1 minute per orb to the powers remaining time back up to the initial 30 minutes.Collecting additional essence orbs will reset the remaining time of the effects already
stacked
back to the initial 10 minutes.

I know you're trying to explain this to me like I don't understand, but I promise you that I'm aware of how the mastery works.

What you're describing in the first line is relevant to having maximum stacks, resulting in a different buff ID than that mentioned in the topic. That's not relevant here.

Previously, 1 minute of time passing didn't make you lose one stack. (Tiers 1, 2, and 3.)

Now, you do lose 1 stack every minute (Tier 4).

I always lost stacks if I dident loot enough to get the buff in tier 1,2 and 3 aswell so your explenation in the OP dont seem to make it any different now then it was before.Ah I see what you mean now t1-3 the decay was 10 min and t4 its 1 min yea thats a big nerf hopefully a bug.

@SpinDashMaster.5680 said:

@"Jong.5937" said:Personally, I'm happy that it is a bit more difficult in Drizzlewood. Getting one buff is easy (generally vigilance), getting all three takes a bit of work. As, at T4, you can use all on any infused mob, one or two is pretty powerful, 3 is pretty OP!

This isn't a sentiment topic though. This is a bug report topic.

My comment was intended to respond to the complaint that infused mobs with the same alignment weren't stacked in Drizzlewood, which also is not "bug". But, if the T4 decay rate is actually 1 min instead of 10 mins, yes we need that fixed!