Add cooldowns to Mount Attacks?

I know mounts are fun and all, and figured people will just use them to get around instead of running anymore but Im leveling my Rev and I just see a bunch of people hopping on their mount attacking and killing a monster in one shot using the mounts attack skill then hopping right back on it again all within 3-4 seconds, its like Mounts are their new class lol theyre basically clearing hearts without using any of their class skills or weapons lol, I don't know about anyone else but just seems kinda stupid imo, kinda bad to the newer players as well seeing these players just killing with their mounts, they're gonna think "is that how you play the game?" Think maybe just adding a 10 sec cd at least would be a bit more reasonable.

No it's a engagement attack. once it's used you'd need to finish the fight before you can mount up again. What needs to happen is the damage needs to be nerfed heavily in low level areas so people using mounts aren't damage nuking events and mobs with engagement attacks. Anet might of oversighted the damage for the ability when they dropped in mounts.

I got a short, simple, easy answer...No.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:No it's a engagement attack. once it's used you'd need to finish the fight before you can mount up again. What needs to happen is the damage needs to be nerfed heavily in low level areas so people using mounts aren't damage nuking events and mobs with engagement attacks. Anet might of oversighted the damage for the ability when they dropped in mounts.

I don't think so as I can kill many enemies in 1 shot (sometimes 2) in the beginner areas which I can do with mounts. The only difference is Mounts have better AoE and quicker so it just seems more powerful.The higher enemies as I go further out from the beginning area will start to take like 3 or 4 hits to kill which is the same as I get on a mount, hit them, they still need 2 to 3 hits to die. And so on and so forth.

I see no reason to change how the mounts are.

Generally speaking the mount can't do enough damage on its own to kill anything. Even powered up. I can see it working with a bunch of people, maybe, but it's still iffy. Generally speaking Lucentfir is right. After using the skill there is a built in delay because you have to kill the mob, get out of combat and then mount back up.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:Generally speaking the mount can't do enough damage on its own to kill anything. Even powered up. I can see it working with a bunch of people, maybe, but it's still iffy. Generally speaking Lucentfir is right. After using the skill there is a built in delay because you have to kill the mob, get out of combat and then mount back up.

They can, but only when they're level 1-3. Sometimes 4-7ish if you're very very lucky.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:No it's a engagement attack. once it's used you'd need to finish the fight before you can mount up again. What needs to happen is the damage needs to be nerfed heavily in low level areas so people using mounts aren't damage nuking events and mobs with engagement attacks. Anet might of oversighted the damage for the ability when they dropped in mounts.

It is an engagement attack, but not a weapon skill, even if the attack doesnt manage to kill the low level enemies in one hit, it still leaves them at maybe 2% then back up again, and leaving the fight only takes about 1 sec, unless youre fighting a group of monsters then it may take a lil bit longer, but in that case even with a CD, should be no problem cause by time you finish that group of monsters skill should be off CD, 10 seconds isnt long especially when fighting or maybe even shorter like 8, the point of it is to prevent people from spamming it like their mount is their weapon, its reasonable after being in combat for a lil bit to use it again, but to use it every 3seconds just to kill some small enemies for a heart.

@GWStunnerz.9507 said:

It is an engagement attack, but not a weapon skill, even if the attack doesnt manage to kill the low level enemies in one hit, it still leaves them at maybe 2% then back up again, and leaving the fight only takes about 1 sec, unless youre fighting a group of monsters then it may take a lil bit longer, but in that case even with a CD, should be no problem cause by time you finish that group of monsters skill should be off CD, 10 seconds isnt long especially when fighting or maybe even shorter like 8, the point of it is to prevent people from spamming it like their mount is their weapon, its reasonable after being in combat for a lil bit to use it again, but to use it every 3seconds just to kill some small enemies for a heart.

Adding a 10s CD to mount engagement attacks is unnecessary, it's just a better idea to reduce the damage they do in low level areas, it's also to ask why would having that much damage on a mount attack in low level areas is fine, but having it available again when you finish fights quickly is not? There's already a benefit of getting around faster on mounts than people who don't have them, mounts shouldn't be used as AoE damage bombs in low level area, the engaugement skill is supposed to be a fluid transition into combat. with a once per fight added benefit such as healing people, barrier, hard cc. Killing mobs with your character skills should be the majority of the reason how you're killing mobs, not your mounts. Level 80 enemies do not get nuked like the low level areas do. It should be equalized for new players sake. It's not a weapon skill like you said and it's all the more reason why it should have the damage lowered, players that kill things in 1 or 2 hits are often players that have at least full exotics, even ascended gear so it only makes sense they kill in a low level open world area so fast with player characters.

The damage is fine, the only problem is that it isn't downscaled in low level maps like player's stats are. Just an oversight I'm sure

Archived