Customize soulbinds unequipped gear

With any bind-on-equip gear in inventory, using the Customize UI causes the item to be soulbound rather than account-bound. This does not occur if you modify the item through the traditional means, like directly attaching an upgrade - it only becomes account bound. Previously, when you could select stats through the old double-click UI, it also only caused items to be account bound and not soulbound.

Edit: Attaching an upgrade does soulbind the item now too, but it displays a dialog warning the player of this. The Customize UI does not, at least not for items already account-bound.

@Leablo.2651 said:With any bind-on-equip gear in inventory, using the Customize UI causes the item to be soulbound rather than account-bound. This does not occur if you modify the item through the traditional means, like directly attaching an upgrade - it only becomes account bound. Previously, when you could select stats through the old double-click UI, it also only caused items to be account bound and not soulbound.

Dont it soul bind it anymore when you attach runes?It used to before.

@"Leablo.2651" said:It didn't before. I guess it does now too.

It did it always have.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/720886#Comment_720886

EditEven older wiki was last edited 6 december 2017

Applying an upgrade to an itemhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/SoulboundEditYou might mix up the rarites below ascended anything that can hold upgrade or rune soulbound.Ascended legendary account bound.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Leablo.2651" said:It didn't before. I guess it does now too.

It did it always have.

Applying an upgrade to an item
EditYou might mix up the rarites below ascended anything that can hold upgrade or rune soulbound.Ascended legendary account bound.

It says right there in the article, the ways an item can become soulbound:

• Equipping items with an upgrade component already applied

This would only be relevant if said item was not already soulbound, i.e. was account bound. As noted by the editor who added that line.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Soulbound&diff=prev&oldid=407335

@Leablo.2651 said:

@Leablo.2651 said:It didn't before. I guess it does now too.

It did it always have.

Applying an upgrade to an item
EditYou might mix up the rarites below ascended anything that can hold upgrade or rune soulbound.Ascended legendary account bound.

It says right there in the article, the ways an item can become soulbound:
  • Equipping items with an upgrade component already applied

This would only be relevant if said item was not already soulbound, i.e. was account bound. As noted by the editor who added that line.

You are incorrect in the last statment it dont have to be account bound at all, the exotic might just have droped from any enemy so it have a rune in it, you can then either equip it making it soulbond or sell it on the trading post.

Yes droped exotics with runes on them get soulbound when you equip them they always have.Most of the few account bound exotic we have are from the exotic login boxes or level up rewards.

If I hade to guess useing the costumise ui is treated the same as adding an upgrade so it become soulbound.

EditJust now read your article, well you know why that is there its becouse account bound also lock it to your account so you cant sell it, not that it have anything to do with said soulbound on the rest of the page.

Your trying to mash in a note at the end with a sign.Your looking at this page have you seen this other page over here you might like to know that aswell.

• 3 weeks later...

Fucking great... seriously, I've just customised three goddamn minstrel pieces for my Firebrand on my Ele, since you know, it never USED TO SOULBIND FFS. No warning, nothing, must we really read the wiki for every damn thing when we step away from the game for a while? This is utter bullshit.