Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

4 hours ago, dabsch.6893 said:

Anybody got some suggestions?

After submitting a ticket, the help team responded that I'm suffering from packet loss, but their explanation for what I should be seeing in-game was completely unrelated to the issue that I'm having. I was suggested to contact my ISP, but on their end, I'm having some of the best internet on the market. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that the help team isn't sure what's causing this, and is in the dark just as much as we are. It could very well just be that the Amazon servers that we're going through to get to the game have done a change that's affecting a very small minority of players, which I suppose can be considered an "acceptable loss".

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Noko Anon.9154 said:

After submitting a ticket, the help team responded that I'm suffering from packet loss, but their explanation for what I should be seeing in-game was completely unrelated to the issue that I'm having. I was suggested to contact my ISP, but on their end, I'm having some of the best internet on the market. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that the help team isn't sure what's causing this, and is in the dark just as much as we are. It could very well just be that the Amazon servers that we're going through to get to the game have done a change that's affecting a very small minority of players, which I suppose can be considered an "acceptable loss".

yes, I am getting the same impression. I play on the shiverpeak server one of the 4 or 5 servers that is being listed as "full".
I get immediate timeouts in cantha 90% of the time. I can play in other regions for longer times - just did my daily earlier... but even in PoF or core areas I get a timeout when I move to distinct areas on a map. I have not been able to deduct a pattern here yet so far. Doubt I even can on my own. Arenanet should be seeing this on their end. Dont want to be toxic or anything, but after support also didn't care about it: yeah, I think there is no fix coming. maybe it will resolve itself when player numbers go down again.

It's a real let down for me, not gonna lie.

I cannot play the game lol.  I log in and do the jump from ship to ship quest, after the ship crashes I get the cutscene of my character on a beach and an asian man leaning over me. The game goes to load and I get disconnect message.  I log back in and it makes me start all over. I have done this 8 times now. Any assistance would be greeaaaattttt

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I've been given a suggestion that the coaxial cable(s) used for internet or router could be the problem, either being old, bad, or loose. It's going to take me some time to see if this is the issue, but if it's within your power to check that connection or, potentially, get them replaced for free, I would encourage that in the meantime.

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that I also have some severe lag/freeze/infinite loading screens since Tuesday. During the rare times I manage to get past the infinite loading screens I can't leave the zone I'm in or else I get another infinite loading screen... Or sometimes it go thru the loading screen and I get severe lag then freeze and back to the character selection screen with the infamous code=7:11:3:202:101...

I opened a ticket and will share with you the info I get. so far they asked for a Dxdiag and HighJackThis report. 

PS : I'm from EU

Edited by Mezeldriou.6107

Hi

Having issues in Arborstone with random kick to character selection screen. Always comes up with connection to server lost error message. Logging back in at a different, earlier location within Arborstone, i.e. was next to fishing merchants when got kicked and logged back in next to bank merchant where I was earlier.

Another player in the map said that they lost some currency due to mini rollback when kicked but I haven't been affected and can't confirm it.

Started happening after maxing out Arborstone mastery.

As a potentially separate issue, some players' mounts were moving in slow motion when that was happening - jackal sand shift looked hilarious.

I'm on EU.

Ok guys, I managed to resolve my issue so here are some info :

- I'm from EU (france)

- I use  windows 11 (support told me it is not supported, just so you know if you contact them they might hit you with the "it is not supported" speech)

- PC is a fresh install, new hardware ( i5 12600K with 32Gb 3200hz a M.2 1To SSD and off course my "old" GTX 1070Ti because prices )

So my issue was actually pretty simple, support provided me with a piece of info that allowed me to dig : you can do a /ip in game to know the IP of the server you are on.

From there I did a trace route in a windows command prompt, quick example for those who don't know what it is :

- you search for "cmd" in windows task bar search thinggy

- you will have "command prompt" as a result, go and open it.

- once inside it you just type "tracert [the result of your /ip ingame]" (ex : tracert 8.8.8.8)

What this allows you to know is the communication failing, you will see a "time out" at a certain point if your issue is similar to mine.

After some digging it appears that the public IP range where I got the time out was detained by my ISP, and based on what I saw I can assume that it was the last hop before reaching the amazon node (the game servers are hosted at AWS).

What we can conclude is that the range of IP might have been associated to some shady usage and therefore blocked on amazon side. Anyway, I tried using a VPN hosted on a friends' of mine networks. Even tho he is using the same Internet Service Provider as me, his public IP was different (that's normal) and also NOT IN THE SAME RANGE AS ME.

It worked perfectly fine, I was able to log in with no error whatsoever. Turn off the VPN, tried again and the freeze/loading screen/etc are back.

TL/DL version : I just rebooted my box until I got a public IP from another range. Boom, everything works like a charm.

I hope it helps some of you, good luck everyone and sorry for the wall of text !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, Mezeldriou.6107 said:

TL/DL version : I just rebooted my box until I got a public IP from another range. Boom, everything works like a charm.

I hope it helps some of you, good luck everyone and sorry for the wall of text !

Thanx for the info 🙂

I'm French too and logging in has been a pain, these days.

I've tried rebooting my box but have only be marginally successful (am probably still in a cursed IP range), and keep on getting "cannot connect to login server" popups.

I really hope someone will solve this issue, I really would like to be able to play...

*edit march 6th* : another reboot was more successful, let's hope it holds.

Edited by Crazy.1894
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 12:33 PM, Crazy.1894 said:

Thanx for the info 🙂

I'm French too and logging in has been a pain, these days.

I've tried rebooting my box but have only be marginally successful (am probably still in a cursed IP range), and keep on getting "cannot connect to login server" popups.

I really hope someone will solve this issue, I really would like to be able to play...

*edit march 6th* : another reboot was more successful, let's hope it holds.

I'm glad it helped. Just so you know I still get from time to time an infinite loading screen, but it's like one every two days or so, a quick restart of the game and it's gone.

Same here.

Based in France, ISP is Orange (no idea if it's relevant, but at this point I'm trying to give as much new info as possible), getting 42:0:9001:4457:101 error codes on launch without getting disconnected, having very long/infinite loading screens when entering maps or story instances, severe lags in the middle of said instances and 7:11:3:202:101 error codes...

I spent more time trying every solution given here and rebooting my router with no success than time actually playing...

It's been like this for 2 days, I had no issue before.

• Like 1

Started getting this error when playing through the first couple chapters of the EoD story. Episode Old Friends. When ship crashes and cutscene of man finding me on the beach plays, goes to load and DC. Happened twice so I left and went to bed.

Now while logged into a different character and while perusing customization options from the identity repair kit, got DC'd and same error code. This was in mistlock sanctuary after about 5 mins of logging in. Not doing story instance at all. Just existing in the world.

I've restarted the game and computer.  I am already running dx11. Just wanted to add my experience here. From what I gather, you have to keep trying to get lucky when doing the story or you have to repeat it ad nauseam. 

And for what it's worth, I'm in the US. Ohio. Using AT&T internet. No other issues with anything else internet related.