Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

1 minute ago, jeffreyscottburke.9856 said:

I have been disconnected a dozen times. I have restarted the router/modem. I have tried lowering my settings. I cannot play. I really want to experience this new story, but being disconnected all the time is discouraging. What can I do?

pray

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In "The Future in Jade," the instance first bugged out after the last power cell scan (nothing happened).  So, I exited the game.  During the second and third tries, I got disconnected at the same point with the 7:11:3:202:101 error.  I haven't gotten disconnected playing EoD up until now.

Edited by PepeLePewPew.2107
spelling
  • Sad 1

I am trying to complete living world season 4

At the fight with kralkatorrik it dcs at the end of the fight after the cutscenes requiring me to redo the last part of the battle 

Problem is I have tried 9 times now and get the same disconnection at the same time after beating him leaving me unable to complete the chapter

I'm getting really frustrated as I really want to complete the content I paid for, secondly I would like to be able to continue on with the story so I can get to the next chapter and start earning my skyscale mount

I don't understand why the game seems to only DC on boss fights in story mode for me but it really is a bumme and makes me dread doing story mode because i'm constantly getting kicked off and having to redo long parts of each chapter. 

7:11:3:202:101

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phalza.6839 said:

I am trying to complete living world season 4

At the fight with kralkatorrik it dcs at the end of the fight after the cutscenes requiring me to redo the last part of the battle 

Problem is I have tried 9 times now and get the same disconnection at the same time after beating him leaving me unable to complete the chapter

I'm getting really frustrated as I really want to complete the content I paid for, secondly I would like to be able to continue on with the story so I can get to the next chapter and start earning my skyscale mount

I don't understand why the game seems to only DC on boss fights in story mode for me but it really is a bumme and makes me dread doing story mode because i'm constantly getting kicked off and having to redo long parts of each chapter. 

7:11:3:202:101

So reading a recommendation  I used my own dedicated VPN IP address I use for work that's located in Texas  Any network geeks know why this may have solved the issue? My normal connection comes from around the MO, OK, KS wont be specific for privacy. 

• Sad 1

I was able to play yesterday with no issues, I noticed a new patch has gone out.

EDIT: nevermind, I am unable to play now. I noticed as I have wifi mesh it disconnects the node I am connected to via LAN but the main wifi is fine.

When I tried playing via a VPN I don't disconnect

Nevermind still being disconnected.

Edited by Jyan.8293
  • Sad 1

After all these years, I still don't understand why this isn't fixed. This is one reason why I quit playing back before the first expansion. Now I get back and not enjoying it because I cannot continue with the story because of this error Code=7:11:3:202:101

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/4/2022 at 12:29 PM, Mezeldriou.6107 said:

Ok guys, I managed to resolve my issue so here are some info :

- I'm from EU (france)

- I use  windows 11 (support told me it is not supported, just so you know if you contact them they might hit you with the "it is not supported" speech)

- PC is a fresh install, new hardware ( i5 12600K with 32Gb 3200hz a M.2 1To SSD and off course my "old" GTX 1070Ti because prices )

So my issue was actually pretty simple, support provided me with a piece of info that allowed me to dig : you can do a /ip in game to know the IP of the server you are on.

From there I did a trace route in a windows command prompt, quick example for those who don't know what it is :

- you search for "cmd" in windows task bar search thinggy

- you will have "command prompt" as a result, go and open it.

- once inside it you just type "tracert [the result of your /ip ingame]" (ex : tracert 8.8.8.8)

What this allows you to know is the communication failing, you will see a "time out" at a certain point if your issue is similar to mine.

After some digging it appears that the public IP range where I got the time out was detained by my ISP, and based on what I saw I can assume that it was the last hop before reaching the amazon node (the game servers are hosted at AWS).

What we can conclude is that the range of IP might have been associated to some shady usage and therefore blocked on amazon side. Anyway, I tried using a VPN hosted on a friends' of mine networks. Even tho he is using the same Internet Service Provider as me, his public IP was different (that's normal) and also NOT IN THE SAME RANGE AS ME.

It worked perfectly fine, I was able to log in with no error whatsoever. Turn off the VPN, tried again and the freeze/loading screen/etc are back.

TL/DL version : I just rebooted my box until I got a public IP from another range. Boom, everything works like a charm.

I hope it helps some of you, good luck everyone and sorry for the wall of text !

U.S. servers, chiming in to say this worked for me. Thanks.

Sup guys, i was getting the code while doing story line, what fixed it for me was changing Content Streaming from Idle to Max in general options and adding "-clientport 80" on shortcut, full line "C:\GW2\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -clientport 80

Had like 5 repeats of the same mission due cut scene not loading so it might help if someone has the same problem, enabling dx11 rendering didn't help me but it might help you also, just go to graphic options then check the box, restart and check if it works, good luck with it, i was about to quit the game but fortunately i found the solution, peace out

Adding to the thread that this has hit me too. Been playing since launch and never had issues so this was surprising. Has been happening for the last week or so? I'm running Windows 10, not 11. There is NO pattern to my disconnects, but they happen about every 5-10 minutes. Could be standing still in game and I get booted. Severe lag while running around open world.

I'm tech savy enough to try some of the above solutions, so I'll update if one of those works for me.

Update 1: Switching content streaming from idle to max had no effect. Guess I have to try a VPN now?

Edited by akorn.9578
  • Sad 1

The lag is making the game unplayable for me atm. I hardly have an issue with it since playing at launch but there was one time I had to stop for a while because it was bad. I hope I don't have to stop again but what worries me is as excited I am for new players to join the game; I worry about the performance that will impact my experience.

Same here  after the latest patch ( the adventure box thing ) , I get the beach cutscene on the beach and immediately thereafter  disconnect and characters are invisible on character select screen  as  a small bonus . That means you can't even START the new expansion ...Also check how far back this issue was reported 🙂

It has to do with game "idling connection " while in a cutscene me thinks but it's appaling this still hasn't been addressed at all.

I'm also experiencing constant high ping up to 5-600 ever since yesterday. located in SEA, usually it's in the low 200's. Can't even do anything because everyone is rubberbanding in WvW and actions are delayed by few seconds in open world.

18 hours ago, rikwes.4813 said:

It has to do with game "idling connection " while in a cutscene me thinks but it's appaling this still hasn't been addressed at all.

I've never gotten it while in a cutscene. The explanation above of it having to do with AWS not trusting certain IP addresses sounds plausible - would explain why it 'moves' around and hasn't been fixed yet.

I manually changed my IP address and I got a good hour of playtime in... then had the same disconnect every 5-10 minutes.

Ever since yesterday around 11 hours ago my game keeps disconecting every 5 to 10 minutes. It says its my network but i have done all the procedures I know of, router and cables resets and firewall check. I even contacted the company to see if theyr servers were failing and not. I play other games and they work fine, the only one with the problem is GW2. I play pvp so cant join matches or team loses. I play wvw and cant tag because keep crashing all the time. Please fix this