Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

I've experienced some improvement with the lag, I'm still 4-5k ping sometimes and when I do I'm sure I have to relaunch, annoying specially when doing big events like DS or DE, since you can't get back once you're booted out. but save the occasional lag spike I am lag free, much better than its been the past month.

I'm still getting the disconnect on loading screen very frequently. T~T

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If there are any OG GW2 players here. You guys will probably be able to recall that lag spikes wasnt an issue till Anet migrated over to use Amazon AWS servers. It was around the time where Anet did a big overhaul of the armour upgrade system regarding things like runes & other stuff.

As far as i can remember lag spikes started happening after that and myself and some other players have been pretty vocal about the lag spikes, disconnects & other network issues that plague the game. Occasionally its so bad that a rep has responds and says they will speak to their network team - if they ever do is anyones guess. But most of the time, the people that complain about the lagging face off against other people/players who say the game is working perfectly fine for them so its not an issue with the game.

I play other games, I have used the same ISP for the last 5-6 years but never have i ever had lag that is absolutely predictable, consistent and centralised to one game or one entire franchise..... GUILDWARS. Because I lag in GW1 too and GW1 is piggybacking off the same GW2 servers that are hosted on the same amazon AWS servers.

I can run any other game = perfectly fine

As soon as i load up a guildwars game - lag/micro-lag, network timeouts/disconnects.

I reported this to NCsoft support a few years back and i got pushback from the rep who dealt with my ticket saying it was an issue on my end and that my PC was full of viruses/malware or an issue with my ISP if not a dodgy/faulty router - which is technically impossible because it was a FRESH WINDOWS INSTALL and i run a premium anti-virus/firewall software and very tech savvy so im always careful about the links to random places that i get sent or find online. My router which is a netgear nighthawk R7000 has been absolutely rock solid for everything else.

Its an uphill battle all the way. Not only are we fighting the players who say there isnt a problem, but we are also fighting the support reps who deny any problem exists and say its all on our end.

I gave up. There is no winning - Like most people suffering from the lag issue. Make a post once every so often grumbling about it but just learn to live with it or play a different game. Theres not a whole lot you can do - Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Dying Oblivion.8296 said:

If there are any OG GW2 players here. You guys will probably be able to recall that lag spikes wasnt an issue till Anet migrated over to use Amazon AWS servers. It was around the time where Anet did a big overhaul of the armour upgrade system regarding things like runes & other stuff.

As far as i can remember lag spikes started happening after that and myself and some other players have been pretty vocal about the lag spikes, disconnects & other network issues that plague the game. Occasionally its so bad that a rep has responds and says they will speak to their network team - if they ever do is anyones guess. But most of the time, the people that complain about the lagging face off against other people/players who say the game is working perfectly fine for them so its not an issue with the game.

I play other games, I have used the same ISP for the last 5-6 years but never have i ever had lag that is absolutely predictable, consistent and centralised to one game or one entire franchise..... GUILDWARS. Because I lag in GW1 too and GW1 is piggybacking off the same GW2 servers that are hosted on the same amazon AWS servers.

I can run any other game = perfectly fine

As soon as i load up a guildwars game - lag/micro-lag, network timeouts/disconnects.

I reported this to NCsoft support a few years back and i got pushback from the rep who dealt with my ticket saying it was an issue on my end and that my PC was full of viruses/malware or an issue with my ISP if not a dodgy/faulty router - which is technically impossible because it was a FRESH WINDOWS INSTALL and i run a premium anti-virus/firewall software and very tech savvy so im always careful about the links to random places that i get sent or find online. My router which is a netgear nighthawk R7000 has been absolutely rock solid for everything else.

Its an uphill battle all the way. Not only are we fighting the players who say there isnt a problem, but we are also fighting the support reps who deny any problem exists and say its all on our end.

I gave up. There is no winning - Like most people suffering from the lag issue. Make a post once every so often grumbling about it but just learn to live with it or play a different game. Theres not a whole lot you can do - Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

yes, im from SEA and i remember those days, in fact it was one of the things that impressed me about gw2 and had me commit to the game, lag wasn't an issue for me too before they migrated to amazon servers.

wether it was large scale fights like 3-4 way zerg fights in wvw or doing world bosses in pve, it used to impress me how smooth and lag free the game was.

until they migrated to amazon servers, then it went to 💩.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

After a few days of logging in and tentatively doing some content, I think I can safely say the issue is gone for me. 

It's been 2 days I don't even get stuck in a loading screen any more. 

If anyone is reading this wanting to find a sign to try logging on again, this is it. 

• Haha 1

Now it's not only happening in WvW fights but PvE open world too. It used to only happen in WvW and open world remained unaffected. I get lag spike in open world once every hour... I swear ever since they changed to Amazon servers, I've been getting much higher ping and more frequent spikes.

Edited by Ferris.1508
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 10:57 AM, Ferris.1508 said:

SEA player reporting ping spike AGAIN. Every time there's a remotely large sized zerg in WvW, it spikes from 200ping to 1k-3k. It doesn't affect pve though even in an impacted area. 

Same issue, but I live in South America. I was having no issues (normally 180-200 ping) and suddenly last night whenever there's 20+ enemies on screen everything starts rubberbanding, skills flashing, no damage to or from players. 2-3k ping for around 5-10 seconds and then it all superspeeds forward with all the movement, damage packets and queued up skills going off.

During these  events I have  checked: CPU/GPU usage (I get no irregular frame drops, its strictly a network thing) and temps. All normal. I've checked my connection (I run a 24/7 ping to my router, my modem and  google DNS), zero packet drops. I can't even blame  my ISP, which I gladly would.

Something's going on Anet, look into  it please.

• 2 weeks later...

this is make me frustrated, every 1-10 min I got disconnected

when I do meta so-won she has 1% HP left, then boom.. I got disconnected, my 1 hour 45 min wasted

this happened since Upcoming Maintenance Database until now

I don't think this came from my PC or internet connection.

I'm sure it's from the server guildwar2

• Like 1

Since the patch yesterday, I have been having latency spikes and disconnects. Just had another disconnect on a relatively dead Bloodstone Fen map. Last night, this was happening on a dead Siren's Landing map. This has happened consistently after updates to the game, but we test everything on our side to ensure that it isn't something going on with our internet, software, or hardware. What is new this year, though, is not just straight up getting dced; sometimes I'm just getting knocked out of being logged in and sent to character select.

I apparently can't attach images? Our internet is through Starlink. I did a speed test on both the router and wifi connections via the app immediately after getting dced this last time. Router to Internet - 116 mbps download, 10 mbps upload. Device to Router - 503 mbps download, 406 mbps upload. We haven't had any satellite issues since 5pm yesterday, which was a 3 second outage.

All of our drivers are updated. Our OSes are updated. We both own more than viable MSI gaming laptops. Steam, browser, PS4, and WoW are all working without any issues at all. In fact, other games are running exceptionally well. Streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc. are running seamlessly. It is just Guild Wars 2 having issues. 

I understand that the players should always check things out on their end to be sure there isn't anything they might be able to resolve. However, Anet's "support" articles on the website put all of the blame on players and accept absolutely no responsibility. This is a two-way street, Anet, and we are your paying customers. This is unacceptable. So, what exactly do you propose we do when we follow everything on your "support" pages, including the Connectivity article, and the issue persists? Does this mean that we are horrible, unworthy human beings who can't do anything right, since you and your team apparently have zero culpability?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I have disconnects too, short ones and even longer ones. I'm from Germany.

I even had to close the game a couple of times today.

Definitely not caused by my PC or connection. All other things run as smooth as hell.

The problem was definitely not yet there at Tuesday 17:00 UTC+2.

Together with other problems like a non-functioning trading post, game launcher issues and a total system crash (auto-reboot) during the start of the game.

Something very bad has happend. ^^

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been this way since the beginning. They update the game, then we have issues with connecting, lag, and crashing. They can't handle the population but somehow its always an issue on our end even though I haven't had one issue until their update. 

They never accept responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Poland. Piken server. I work in IT, good PC, good ISP with 1Gbps full duplex connection. Came back after a break i took after at end of March. What the heck is going on right now?!?

In PVP and PvE (meta events/world bosses) every thing is fine, well i do get micro skill lags but it was always like this high amount of players during during meta events.

yet for some reason now WvW is unplayable (and i came back to finish my WvW armor set). If there are more then 20+ people then i get rubber banding, walls, lag spikes, skills do not respond to actions, i and every one are teleported from one location to another. And if i manage to stay alive long enough without dying then i get the disconnected with error 7:11:3:202:101. Since it is only affecting WvW for me.

All other games are fine, streaming, internet browsing is fine. Even when downloading/uploading large data sets i get no packet loss or disconnection. I have no doubt it is definitely on ANET side. Heck I know WvW gets no love from anet but this is ridiculous...

• Sad 1

Spent 4 hours today in the morning on an off peak time frame. WvW was running smoothly with no lag and no issues. Yet, as soon  14:00 (2PM) hit my time zone and more people started playing WvW the lag came back. So i have no doubt the lag is correlated to the player population in WvW...

I opened a ticket with ANET today regarding the WvW and I attached the -diag file as it clear shows networking issues on ANET/AWS side based on the host name that is showing lost packets (so it is not a user end issue PC or user end ISP issue).

10   22ms     1/  50 =  2%     0/  50 =  0%  amazon.demarc.cogentco.com [149.6.174.154]
                               49/  50 = 98%  packets lost

13   33ms     5/  50 = 10%     0/  50 =  0%  amazon.demarc.cogentco.com [149.14.213.58]
                               45/  50 = 90%  packets lost

Maybe if more people submit the proper ticket with the diagnostic file attached this will finally be noticed and resolved...

I have been getting this error now almost after playing every story mission, or any mission with cutscenes, and then everytime close to the end of those missions. Meaning I have to run them twice at least. Also the longer a mission needs, the higher the chance of getting it, and this is really frustrating and making me NOT want to play the story.

I tried a lot of the things I read

Port forwarding

Restarting router

Jumping and so on during the cutscenes

Running YT videos in the BG

deactivated Steam overlay while in game (I am running the game with the -provider Portal command to use my old account)

using -clientport 443

At this point the only other option I could think of is not using it on Steam, but going back to the separate client. While I haven't played for a long while, I had never had these problems before. And not playing the story is also not an option since I need later parts for mounts, masteries,...

• Sad 1

I am encountering all the issues mentioned above even in the open world with spikes up to 4K ping. I never had this issue since I started 5 months ago. It was only recently, the last two days to be exact. The game has become unplayable for me now. I lodge a report with ArenaNet and they said the issue is with the local ISP. I have also raised a ticket with my ISP. But I have been playing so many MMORPGs with NA and EU servers and even though they suffer the normal ping of 200-300 for someone connecting from SEA, they are still playable. This issue is now forcing me to quit the game after I have spent so much money buying the expansions and the quality of life packages from the ingame store. This is sad and I really love the game. Their tech support leaves a very bad impression with me. Standard copy and paste FAQ and a lengthy condescending explanation. 

On 9/10/2022 at 10:41 AM, Myshen.4560 said:

I am encountering all the issues mentioned above even in the open world with spikes up to 4K ping. I never had this issue since I started 5 months ago. It was only recently, the last two days to be exact. The game has become unplayable for me now. I lodge a report with ArenaNet and they said the issue is with the local ISP. I have also raised a ticket with my ISP. But I have been playing so many MMORPGs with NA and EU servers and even though they suffer the normal ping of 200-300 for someone connecting from SEA, they are still playable. This issue is now forcing me to quit the game after I have spent so much money buying the expansions and the quality of life packages from the ingame store. This is sad and I really love the game. Their tech support leaves a very bad impression with me. Standard copy and paste FAQ and a lengthy condescending explanation. 

i have the same issue since last friday from Malaysia. Are you the same?