Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

2 hours ago, Aaronz.6891 said:

yes! i tried with celcom 4g and no issue.. seems like Time is having some issue on the network route to the gw2 host.

Yes, there is no issue when I tried Maxis mobile network. Perhaps you should submit a ticket to Time so that they become aware of it more. I have already done so and infact, they are checking on it as we speak. 

22 hours ago, Myshen.4560 said:

Yes, there is no issue when I tried Maxis mobile network. Perhaps you should submit a ticket to Time so that they become aware of it more. I have already done so and infact, they are checking on it as we speak. 

yea already escalated and they told me no issue from their end... speechless..... somehow i noticed there is no issue before 8am... i logged in before 8am and ping was stable. After 8am then the issue is back. lol

Edited by Aaronz.6891

So few days ago i provided Arena.Net with networking data captured with WinMTR (as they requested). I provided data when I had lag (it also started happening in PvE) and when i did not. All data was pointing to issues with AWS as the data is lost there. And finally got a reply from suggesting that "my ISP should fix the issue as it is on their end". It takes no genius to notice in the data what servers are in scope of my ISP, what are in scope of international network provider and what servers are in scope of AWS.

So it seems that it is in scope of my ISP to fix issue on data loss between two AWS servers and also it is my ISP fault that players from various countries have the same issue (my ISP only provides service in my city) and it seems that all of the global Guild Wars 2 related traffic must come via my small local ISP (as other services and games run fine)...

So i replied to that joke of an email (pasting only 2 parts of it):

"(...)92% of traffic is lost at server "54.239.xxx.xxx" that is registered to "Amazon Technologies Inc." (...)"
"Sorry, but i have to write it clearly. You (Arena.Net) are the customer of AWS (Amazon Web Services). You are paying not only for server hosting but also for support for it. Your (Arena.Net) paying (we bought the game, expansions, gems) customers (players) are having issues with service (Guild Wars 2) that you (Arena.Net) and your vendor (AWS) is providing."

Got a reply after it that "We have received your message and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

So I am waiting with patience...

Edited by Max Out.5732
typos, removed extra needles spacing
  • Haha 1

I'm also playing on NA from SEA and having massive lag every time I tried to play with a lot of people around. What is going on? The game is unplayable for me at the moment. Cannot even play world bosses/meta/drizzelwood etc map because of the insane spike.

I only have this problem with GW2.

Edited by Nunna.6413
  • Haha 1

so i got an official confirmation of the issue:

Lead GM Magister (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Sep 22, 2022, 09:47 PDT
Hello,

Thank you for waiting while I further reviewed your WinMTR test results with our server team.

After checking the IP addresses associated with all Guild Wars 2 servers on Amazon's platform, it appears that the servers that are experiencing packet loss are not part of those that are specifically hosting the game - rather, they may be earlier hops inside of Amazon's network path that we do not have much direct visibility into.

We will reach out to Amazon about the issue, but unfortunately our team will not be able to comment or assist further on the matter due to these server nodes not being within our networking space. We hope that reaching out to our contacts at Amazon, however, will get their attention so that they may investigate what is happening with these servers.

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. If you are aware of others encountering similar packet loss, please encourage them to send their own support ticket or make a forum post so we can review their issues as well, and send further evidence along to Amazon if the situation demands it! 🙂

Regards,

Lead GM Magister
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

So as you can see, please open support tickets and follow the steps (with WinMTR) to capture data when you are lagging.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 2:44 AM, Max Out.5732 said:

so i got an official confirmation of the issue:

So as you can see, please open support tickets and follow the steps (with WinMTR) to capture data when you are lagging.

Thank you so much for posting this. Unfortunately my reply from the tech support at ArenaNet is basically it is your ISP's fault and there is nothing we can do although I believe both our WinMTR reports show the same results of data lost.

Thankfully, my ISP is more accommodating and helpful. They actually identified that the issues are happening at AWS and they are working with them to resolve it because it does not only affect GW2, but other services that are hosted by AWS as well. 

In fact, my ISP tech support just called me this morning and informed me that AWS are working on it, asked me to monitor if the same ping spike is still occurring. I told him surprisingly that for the last three days, I was able to play at the usual ping without the spikes which made GW2 unplayable. He told me to monitor until the end of the week as he will call back to check if the issue occurs again. That is really helpful unlike ArenaNet's tech support reply.  I felt in a way pushed aside by the tech support and I hope ArenaNet is reading this forum.   

On 9/14/2022 at 12:41 PM, Aaronz.6891 said:

yea already escalated and they told me no issue from their end... speechless..... somehow i noticed there is no issue before 8am... i logged in before 8am and ping was stable. After 8am then the issue is back. lol

Aaron, TIME did no dismiss my ticket. In fact, they escalated the case to their tech support at a higher level. They called me this morning and asked me to monitor if the situation is resolved cause they have been communicating and working with AWS to resolve the issue. Judging by what they told me, most of the issues need to be solved by AWS. And it seems AWS had done something because for the last three days, my ping was back to normal. Anyway, TIME's tech support told me he would call back at the end of the week to check if the issue persists. 

• 2 weeks later...