Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

On 8/15/2021 at 4:09 PM, Shayter.9123 said:

My wife and I started getting back in to Guild Wars 2 earlier this week. I've been playing in the past and this is her first time playing.

Worked fine for 2 days, then since yesterday we started getting "code=7:11:3:202:101" DCs - this results in a "black screen of death" where we can only Alt+F4.  This happens to both of us. 

We happen to have two seperate connections at home - so I doubt it is our ISPs

- also considering all the comments above...

She has now given up after playing 20 minutes tonight and experiencing 3 of said DCs. Man it sucks... 

Have been experiencing this same thing for 7~ months. Have you found a fix?

I'm not sure if I should be more disappointed that anet staff don't read the forums and distance themselves from problems by all means, or the whiteknights/mods on the same forums. 

Regardless, same issue, 7:11:3:202:101 comes up (on my 200Mbps internet that runs fine for everything else) pretty much any time anything of significant player presence occurs in gw2. This paired with the fact my ping is almost always lower than my average ping is extremely annoying because when it doesn't disconnect entirely, it soft disconnects and just leaves me client side for a solid few seconds before reconnecting.

13 hours ago, floppydisk.8579 said:

do a traceroute (or mtr if it's available to you where you play gw2) on the server you're connected to. you can get the ip address by typing /ip in the chat window.

How do I do this?

Similar problem to much of what has been said here, although it has nothing to do with Story instances for me. 

On 9/18/2021 at 5:10 AM, Shroud.2307 said:

How do I do this?

Similar problem to much of what has been said here, although it has nothing to do with Story instances for me. 

in powershell type tracert then press the tab key to complete, then add the ip address you want to trace - it should look something this PS C:\Users\yourusername> TRACERT.EXE 35.168.81.98

to get the ip address, type /ip in the in-game chat box.

Bump and grump. Game is usually stable but lately lots of "cannot  connect to logon" errors, today its a chain of constant DC after FINALLY getting a group for the Mai CM part of the Ad Infinitum, THANKS ANET... really... loving you guys right now. 

Oh and FYI, I was NOT using the DX11 at the time. 

Edited by Radakill.3469

for me personally i had to switch providers, 3 differents ones actually (new zealand), after using mtr to trace where the bottleneck was (turns out it was a vocus gateway in ca) after i found a provider that didnt use that one (harder than it seems, as vocus owns or leases it to other providers ).. all good.. mostly 😛

me and my Freind have started getting this issue in story missions only a month ago and now its constant on the end of the mission to retrieve glints egg.

We are both with virgin media broadband in the uk.

Did trace route to the ip we last used for the story mission.

Tracing route to ec2-18-197-169-187.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com [18.197.169.187]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     3 ms     3 ms     3 ms  192.168.0.1
  2    29 ms     *        9 ms  10.53.39.33
  3    15 ms    12 ms     9 ms  sgyl-core-2b-xe-320-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.0.105]
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5    22 ms    20 ms    18 ms  telw-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.84.70]
  6    21 ms    20 ms    18 ms  nott-core-2b-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.66]
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 7 to 30 all the same.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Edited by BlackWind.6987

On 9/22/2021 at 10:04 PM, Radakill.3469 said:

Bump and grump. Game is usually stable but lately lots of "cannot  connect to logon" errors, today its a chain of constant DC after FINALLY getting a group for the Mai CM part of the Ad Infinitum, THANKS ANET... really... loving you guys right now. 

Oh and FYI, I was NOT using the DX11 at the time. 

Another logon error within seconds of entering the game today. Whatever is causing this dosent appear to be any priority to Anet, asked in global chat if anyone else is having the same problem, several replies confirmed it. 

Finding other things to do with my time until the issue is solved, not going to bother trying to start something only to be DC'd in the middle of it. 

Husband and I have crashed for the second time on The Crystal Dragon (Finish the assault), and this is just two amongst now countless crashes of the same kind happening over and over and over.

The only truly tied-in theme to all these crashes (at least for him and me) is that they only ever seem to happen in instanced content, most recently Living World Story chapters but really almost any sort of instanced content barring like...Guild Halls and special areas like Sun's Refuge or the Home District.

It's really baffling how much ANet wants this game to succeed but can't even ensure the stability of their game's key selling point (not named the Gem Shop)...

I connect from the US Los Angeles area to US servers, and I am seeing intermittent connection loss to the, game/login servers and guildwars2.com website. Both login server and website connectivity restore at about the same time a short while after  loosing connection. Connections to other websites work perfectly fine while this happen, I only loose access to guildwards2 website and servers. A few weeks ago the problem seems to have lessened but it has now gotten worst in the past few days.

I have run traceroutes while I have connectivity to the website and when I am unable to connect, and unfortunately, both the traceroute will look largely the same, the traceroute will successfully receive responses up to what I presume is the edge node of AWS, and most nodes beyond that will not respond.

Here is a sample of my traceroute when I have connectivity from the last few named node and presumably into the aws and gw2 nodes. If I can get a full and clean traceroute when I loose connectivity I will update my post, however it can be difficult as I may regain connectivity before the traceroute completes (Maybe i will try WinMTR for faster traces).

www.guildwars2.com

8    30 ms    30 ms    29 ms  ae-7.r20.dllstx14.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.7.68]

9    32 ms    35 ms    32 ms  ae-0.a00.dllstx14.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.8]

10    29 ms    29 ms    31 ms  ae-2.amazon.dllstx14.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.201.10]
 11    30 ms    29 ms    30 ms  54.239.105.101
 12    29 ms    28 ms    28 ms  176.32.125.171
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19    59 ms    58 ms    58 ms  52.93.28.82

20     *        *        *     Request timed out...

ec2-35-175-81-138.compute-1.amazonaws.com

8    31 ms    39 ms    49 ms  ae-7.r20.dllstx14.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.7.68]
  9    30 ms    37 ms    33 ms  ae-0.a01.dllstx14.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.22]
 10    61 ms    29 ms    33 ms  ae-3.amazon.dllstx14.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.201.22]
 11     *       33 ms    31 ms  54.239.105.115
 12    31 ms    29 ms    29 ms  176.32.125.157
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19    59 ms    61 ms    58 ms  52.93.28.150
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out....

Im in the same boat actually. Same frustration since 8 months ago aprox. (can't really remember). Code 7 frequently and starting to really frustrate me this game (quitting incoming at this point..)

Customer support absolutely says its my ISP but is it really when this is the only game that actually disconnects consistently?

Edited by HappyHour.6241

Since recently I am facing the same issue, disconnecting every 30m or so.

I also tried the suggested fixes like:

0. rebooting router/PC/game
1. changing security setting in Windows Firewall
2. adding -clientport 80 or 443 option to the executable
3. checking whether the packages don't get lost from my ISP's side via /ip and tracert commands

Nothing helps. I hope this is somehow fixed by a gw2 update  or disappears from itself. Although I'm not very confident seeing that this clearly isn't a new issue, but it does look that more people are facing this recently..

Edit one day later: Pretty sure it's just a connection issue from my side after all.. Possbily related to the Powerline installed at my place.

Edited by Naevia Mercer.8671