Transfer recomendation?

georgessj.4198

im eu gmt+2 and since Gandara never has a commander (or has some new player who got bored of being alone and took matters on their own hands making things worst) it has become a pain to even make daily, can you recomend something better? i dont mind losing all the time i just want a server that you know....people group and have fun together im tired of being alone all the time in gandara.

This is what it comes to when an eco-system is not maintained and it is why Alliances are so important even if most of the remaining playerbase do not understand why. You come into the mode newborn, you join a school to learn, you work in your chosen field and when you retire you come back to nurture the newborn. That is the nature of things. That is what it is to be a new player, joining a guild, leading a guild and retiring to support a server with leadership. Take away schools and jobs and you have no retired professionals, teachers or rolemodels to aspire to.

With that out of the way, you have two common options:

1. Join a remaining guild if you haven't already. You may have to pull your weight a bit and perhaps transfer once in a while but you get an identity and friends that ensure that you have some leadership to follow or charge.

2. Join the nomad communities. However, if you find joining a guild to be a chore the nomad communities are often more demanding to keep up with as information trickles out (so contacts within guilds can be important), they are full of jaded veterans and they tend to transfer more often, so you should probably prepare to spend 150g every relink.

However, if Gandara has turned that bad there's not likely to be anything better outside of the nomads or one of the few remaining guild groups with regular activities. Gandara was one of the very few servers left that actually had some sort of broad public organisation. Others are likely behind. Guilds at least had the advantage that there were far more guilds than servers to begin with so even if the draught hits at all levels, there are more guild groups to dry out. At the end of the day, the amount of people just looking to find some public commander, assumed to magically grow on trees by players and developers alike, is the root cause of all these issues.

I suggest you do this post your info in the Looking For Guild portion of these forums. Make sure to give detailed information about you, your region, when you play the most, and what type of guild you are looking for. Once a guild reaches out to you I'm pretty sure they will help you out the rest of the way.

I know the WvW guild I am in currently even pays for transfers if players are serious about it and need help. Since I'm NA I more than likely will not see you on the battle field but good luck out there and may you avoid seeing the wrong side of the warclaw.

@georgessj.4198 said:I didnt expect guilds to play such a big role in wvw but since aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall im asking for is a server that has a commander for more than 1 hour per day and the answer is find a wvw guild it must be true.

Look, the short version of the answer is that if Gandara is not sufficient for you there is nothing better unless you are willing to invest more time, effort and/or gold. At least to my knowledge, I've been down and out for a couple of months so perhaps something revolutionary has happened.

You can thank Arenanet for that, they prefer milking the transfer cow.

@Widmo.3186 said:Ded gamemode :)Dying != Dead, but sure. It's nothing new.

Still, if they want something healthy they have to change the current so people see a reason to get into guilds, help out and become the commanders they keep asking about where they have disappeared to. It isn't more difficult than that. It's pretty easy to find out where the active players play, it's harder to keep up with it as you get milked and options are slimming.

@georgessj.4198 said:I didnt expect guilds to play such a big role in wvw but since aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall im asking for is a server that has a commander for more than 1 hour per day and the answer is find a wvw guild it must be true.

The problem these days is that apart from the overstacked servers, you don't have that much activity anymore, and thoses servers are usually full, so you can always trasfer on a linked server, but then it's a gamble at each relink.You can join your server community guild (ex: Quak on Gandara) or any other laid-back guild (assuming you are ot looking for something more hardcore) and see who is online as they might be happy to have someone to party with.

Regarding Gandara, as Subversion mentionned, it was one of the few server that was quite stable over the years in term of core community. then downside is that recentmy more and more players have become bored or delusioned with the game and either have complelty left, or at least only come once in a while...

Servers:

• WSR: Stacked just tanks matchups often, 90% of the people above plat rank: No challenging fights or coordination, experience carries.
  • FSP: Most open tags, stacked (both EU and NA pop)
  • Ruins of Surmia: Often open tags, plays only alpine borders
  • SFR+Vabbi: Nah, no open tags, only guild raids
  • GH+FoW: No open tags outside prime, clouds SM without commander tho
  • Deso/piken: Been full too long, very little to transfer to for

Main servers are pretty much full.

Gandara isn't that dead tho, they have plenty of players, just no commanders outside that 1 person that tags up to def gandara bl.

@Threather.9354 said:Servers:

• WSR: Stacked just tanks matchups often, 90% of the people above plat rank: No challenging fights or coordination, experience carries.
  • FSP: Most open tags, stacked (both EU and NA pop)
  • Ruins of Surmia: Often open tags, plays only alpine borders
  • SFR+Vabbi: Nah, no open tags, only guild raids
  • GH+FoW: No open tags outside prime, clouds SM without commander tho
  • Deso/piken: Been full too long, very little to transfer to for

Main servers are pretty much full.

Gandara isn't that dead tho, they have plenty of players, just no commanders outside that 1 person that tags up to def gandara bl.

Thank a lot that helps, gandars yes its not dead but tag is considered a taboo or a life sentence banable offence, i dont know what their problem is, off to fsp it is.