Crash immediately when I open my build

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a build template for the rev saved to my account which I assume is making it impossible to access builds on all 10 of my characters. Instantaneous crash every time I open the build menu on any toon. I hope they fix this soon because I'm trying to level an ele alt and can't even assign any of their new hero points.

The issue happens to builds that contain Legendary Assassin Stance as terrestrial legend 2, or 0e on 32nd byte. Changing the legend manually from the skills UI seems to fix this but then you can't change any other traits because it crashes the game.

@rune.9572 said:The issue happens to builds that contain Legendary Assassin Stance as terrestrial legend 2, or 0e on 32nd byte. Changing the legend manually from the skills UI seems to fix this but then you can't change any other traits because it crashes the game.

I wasn't using that stance so that can't be the cause. Demon + Renegade stances.

I thought something was up when I logged onto my rev and my 6-0 hotkeys were all reset. I checked the build tab to see if those got wiped too and I crashed (yes, I have a rev build template saved, salvation-retribution-herald if any specific info is needed). Tried logging onto a ranger, his utility keys were still the same but the build tab still caused a crash. Like Winterspell says, it seems like something buggy's going on with revenants in general.

I know how to fix this! But only if you don't already have a revenant or a ranger build in your account build storage.

Go UNDERWATER, change ACTIVE legend to assassin, change INACTIVE legend to dwarf. You can now open templates and change traits without crashing. Change back to your normal build. If you had centaur or dragon anywhere, also change them to something NOT centaur or dragon.

Rangers: change BOTH your aquatic pets to something else and back again using pet UI.

@ArenaNet Team.4819 Seems like there's an off-by one in the way legends are handled. Assassin+renegade becomes dwarf+centaur etc.

@rune.9572 said:I know how to fix this! But only if you don't already have a revenant or a ranger build in your account build storage.

Go UNDERWATER, change ACTIVE legend to assassin, change INACTIVE legend to dwarf. You can now open templates and change traits without crashing. Change back to your normal build. If you had centaur or dragon anywhere, also change them to something NOT centaur or dragon.

Rangers: change BOTH your aquatic pets to something else and back again using pet UI.

@ArenaNet Team.4819 Seems like there's an off-by one in the way legends are handled. Assassin+renegade becomes dwarf+centaur etc.

Does't work for me :(

I believe we all have the same problem, whatever the class we play.

Another bug from ANET, is it the 3rd bug in what... 2 weeks? Since you released No Quarter.

You should consider firing the lame dev who forget commas at the end of the coding lines and fix that with a new build within... look at the watch the next 60 min.I need my WvW CondiDPS for WvW and I can't change it if I can't access my built storage, it's not even linked on a shortcut.