Idea for new boss mechanic

While doing bounties just now and how they have new mechanics (stop, go, in circle, out circle, etc) - I was thinking of something that might be interesting. Let's first of all assume that LWS4 will have new maps with bounties as well. Also bounties are given random mechanics as of right now just fyi. So this idea wouldn't apply all the time. Just once in a while randomly.

Ok with all that being said, my idea would be what if the boss drops down a fire field, and whoever blasts that fire field ends up losing might instead. Whoever fires an arrow through that field instead sets themself on fire. Leap finisher would cause the player to catch on fire when they are hit by the enemy instead. So basically everything backwards. But only when the enemy puts down these special backwards fields. I think it would really encourage people to fight a boss in a new kind of way instead of just mindlessly bashing on it (as fun as they may be). And each time the boss puts down a field it could be random as well. Such as a backwards poison field. Give yourself weakness if you accidentally blast that.

Anyways, it really would require people to think more about the mechanics.

Would be more interested in a mind control mechanic, where the boss actual mind controls a certain amount of players, based on the amount of players fighting it. similar to the doppleganger fight. but in this case you actually lose control.

Or a mechanic where you have to kill eachtoher in time to prevent some kind of devestating attack.lets say you have 30 people, in order to prevent the boss from killing most of you, you have to attack eachother until there are 5 people or less left, you get up again automatically if you succeed.

things like this is what sounds more interesting to me.

Archived