Mirage "Illusion of Vulnerability"

Xionor.8963

The problem with power Mirage is that there is no place for it in PVE. Chronomancer is just a too good spec for group playso that power Mirage just feels like a weak and pointless spec for PVE as you don't do more damage than chronomancer and also lose the ability to give strong buffs.So my idea is that the power Mirage should get an unique condition called "Illusion of Vulnerability" which works like this:

Everytime you and your clones do an ambush attack the enemy gets 1 second of IOV.So if you have 2 clones out and then do an ambush attack the enemy then has 3 seconds of IOV.The damage you do against that enemy gets saved and after IOV ends 50% of that damage gets released during the next 3 seconds.So if you do 18000 damage in 3 seconds during IOV the enemy loses 3000 damage every second for 3 seconds after IOV has ended.

IOV also works for other players but at a reduced strenght of 10% or 20%.

It would also make the axe a useful group weapon for power Mirage with the trait "Mirrored Axes" as the spawned phantom axes from that traitwould count as an ambush attack and would increase the lenght of IOV with every skill.

We made so many threads but still not a single "we're looking into this". The thing you talk about, even if it's fun, it's a completely different mechanic so I doubt that they'll do it. Otherwise just rework the whole class. Anyway, I don't think they care about power Mirage also. They tried to do everything to make Mirage a condi spec and they'll probably keep invsting in that. We may see some bug fixes and a tweak in numbers but that's it. We got the short end of the stick this year guys. We and Renegades.

I always thought that with how broken Mantras are as a skill type, I'd love to see a more mesmer-y skill type "Illusions".

Which always have this thing where you gain something for X seconds, then you lose something for Y seconds. We already have one of these in our rezz skill, it just needs the ability to be used on dead players (who cannot rally from it!). And I could see a lot of these, like being able to make an enemy take more damage:

Illusion of Vulnerability (PvE/WvW)Target enemy takes more damage from your attacks. Once this effect expires, you will in turn take more damage.Duration (Enemy): 10 secondsDuration (Self): 6 secondsDamage Vulnerability: 40%

Illusion of Vulnerability (PvP)Target enemy becomes vulnerable. When this effect expires or is removed, you become more vulnerable for the duration the enemy was vulnerable. The feedback effect cannot be cured or avoided.25 VulnerabilityDuration (Enemy): 10 seconds

@Xionor.8963 said:The problem with power Mirage is that there is no place for it in PVE. Chronomancer is just a too good spec for group playso that power Mirage just feels like a weak and pointless spec for PVE as you don't do more damage than chronomancer and also lose the ability to give strong buffs.

The problem of power Mirage is that it does not provide solid damage numbers. That has nothing to do with chrono.

Ask yourself, if chrono did not exist, would power mirage have problems?

The answer is: yes.

Unfortunately, as a Power Mesmer in PvE you will most likely find that you'll get the best results as a Power Phantasm build running Core Mesmer with the traitlines for Illusions, Dueling, and Domination.

The Mirage traitline doesn't give enough to a Power build to make it worth taking over any of those three.

Archived