Ranger Point-Blank Shot Needs to be Converted from a Knockback to a Knockdown

This has been going on for years, a ranger uses Point-Blank Shot on longbow to knockback an enemy player into a wall, and that player is then stuck in the wall and is forced to log out and re-log back in. I'm pretty sure this even happened during MOTA. If you can't fix it (which clearly a fix has not happened) then the skill needs to be converted to a simple knockdown that will not get players stuck in walls. Engineer's Rifle launch never ever did this and it does about the same thing (although launch obviously affects downed foes, too), but you know what I mean, so clearly CCs that push players back can be done without getting them stuck in walls. This needs to be changed.

@memausz.7264 said:This has been going on for years, a ranger uses Point-Blank Shot on longbow to knockback an enemy player into a wall, and that player is then stuck in the wall and is forced to log out and re-log back in. I'm pretty sure this even happened during MOTA. If you can't fix it (which clearly a fix has not happened) then the skill needs to be converted to a simple knockdown that will not get players stuck in walls. Engineer's Rifle launch never ever did this and it does about the same thing (although launch obviously affects downed foes, too), but you know what I mean, so clearly CCs that push players back can be done without getting them stuck in walls. This needs to be changed.

instead of fixing skill lets buff it Pog

I’ve thought about this and it wouldn’t be bad as it would allow some nice memes with axe pull. I’m just not on board with the reasoning. The reasoning should be like - o bunker ranger should be about sustaining on node and not just knocking ppl off so rework longbow. That I would buy, but w.e floats ur boat

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:

Ranger Point-Blank Shot Needs to be Converted from a Knockback to a KnockdownSo you want to trade

LB4 -> LB2

for

LB4 -> GS2 -> GS5 -> GS2

No thanks!

what about lb4->lb2 -> switch weapons gs2->gs5->gs2 since knockdow lasts eternityYou were faster than my edit. :p

Your combo won't work because:LB4:"The closer they are, the farther it pushes them back. "

Even a swoop gap closer won't work against an experienced encounter.

I just want bigger animation on lb 4.. enough that you can see it among other animation. Currently its dodgeable if im like 1v1 on war and my attacks are not flashy but lets say i go ele theres no way i can always see that wind up among other flashy animation.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Ranger Point-Blank Shot Needs to be Converted from a Knockback to a KnockdownSo you want to trade

LB4 -> LB2

for

LB4 -> GS2 -> GS5 -> GS2

No thanks!

what about lb4->lb2 -> switch weapons gs2->gs5->gs2 since knockdow lasts eternityYou were faster than my edit. :p

Your combo won't work because:LB4:"The closer they are, the farther it pushes them back. "

OP wants to turn knockback into a knockdown.with knockdown this would be possible.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

LB4 -> LB2

for

LB4 -> GS2 -> GS5 -> GS2

No thanks!

OP wants to turn knockback into a knockdown.with knockdown this would be possible.

Indeed, throw Entangle on top of that too to stop em running away and you've got a really easy stunlock cheap shot combo going on.

@Teratus.2859 said:

LB4 -> LB2

for

LB4 -> GS2 -> GS5 -> GS2

No thanks!

Indeed, throw Entangle on top of that too to stop em running away and you've got a really easy stunlock cheap shot combo going on.

Were you around for the Ancient Seeds LB druid cancer days? It was effectively the same thing and ridiculously stupid.

@memausz.7264 said:This has been going on for years, a ranger uses Point-Blank Shot on longbow to knockback an enemy player into a wall, and that player is then stuck in the wall and is forced to log out and re-log back in. I'm pretty sure this even happened during MOTA. If you can't fix it (which clearly a fix has not happened) then the skill needs to be converted to a simple knockdown that will not get players stuck in walls. Engineer's Rifle launch never ever did this and it does about the same thing (although launch obviously affects downed foes, too), but you know what I mean, so clearly CCs that push players back can be done without getting them stuck in walls. This needs to be changed.

Why not just make it like the short bow. The ranger can use it to knock itself back to get space vs. the opponent.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

LB4 -> LB2

for

LB4 -> GS2 -> GS5 -> GS2

No thanks!

Were you around for the Ancient Seeds LB druid cancer days? It was effectively the same thing and ridiculously stupid.

I was around but I wasn't active in WvW or PvP then so missed it lolBut yeah, Stunlocking drives me insane xD

@Bazsi.2734 said:Oh yes, I want my perfect setup for that GS burst please! Also why stop there, turn every CC in the game into a knockdown!

Yeah but engi rifle launch doesn't push people in walls, gazelle launch doesn't knock people into walls, the guard hammer 4 skill doesn't push people into walls... the point is to make it a skill that doesn't cause this issue.

@rng.1024 said:Just give it the Dragonhunter Longbow treatment so it's easier to anticipate/dodge. An extra 3 sec to the cooldown wouldn't hurt either.

Well I think the reason it gets players stuck in walls is because of how fast the longbow 4 knocks people back. That's the main issue.

@memausz.7264

It knocks back just as fast as any other skill without acceleration, the only differing factor is the distance.

And it's not alone in this behaviour. Ever experienced weirdness when being pulled by a dragonhunter's Spear of Justice? Same thing here, only it's a pull not a knock back.

Also pay attention to where it happens - 1 node on 1 map. Obviously there is a pathing issue there, the skill is just fine as is. But if you wanted to force the issue them why not just reduce the knockback distance to 450 (similar to Illusionary Wave)?