Getting shut down by Renegade build (plat)

mistsim.2748

any counters for this? i play side node, and i find this build impossible to deal with. it's being spammed in plat 1-2. I find spirits have too much HP, and they have a trivial cooldown. do i just let him decap me?

UPDATE: after playing a bunch more matches against these guys, I realized the few matches that triggered me had to do with the Renegades getting carried by good players. This made them look very strong, plus the visual noise, it made some games unbearable. My only complaint about this build is the visual noise, and I guess the game mode itself (Conquest). It's a bit of a nightmare on the side node, but I realized I can still whittle them down as long as I avoid the spirits, and let them decap. My particular builds are especially bad against this build, which is another issue.

@Aktium.9506 said:Get them off the point with CC. I don't play other classes, but on Nec you can Spectral Grasp, GS5 or Fear them off and it messes things up a bunch for them.

it seems Reaper would be quite strong, and melt their spirits. i play a duelist build on my ranger, so i feel i have to rotate around these bastards.

Permeating wrath burn guard eats them alive, they don't have a ton of cleanse and the aoe burn procs bouncing off all the spirits ramps up extremely high damage very fast. Other than that, trying to engage them before they set up on point helps or just aoe cc the summons when they don't have stab from jalis road. Kalla is a pretty annoying design no denying that.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@Aktium.9506 said:Get them off the point with CC. I don't play other classes, but on Nec you can Spectral Grasp, GS5 or Fear them off and it messes things up a bunch for them.

it seems Reaper would be quite strong, and melt their spirits. i play a duelist build on my ranger, so i feel i have to rotate around these bastards.Reaper is pretty good against it yeah. But it's always risky going Reaper if you don't have FB or Tempest on your team.

Wouldn't Axe 4 on Ranger be good against it? Or possibly the wyvern with the flappy wind knockback thing.

Spellbreaker and reaper are two main counters to renegade. Also any aoe crowd control, confusion, self retalition boon, slow(to reduce its dps and healing over time), chill to slow down its legend swap and many more. Burning guard is super strong with retaliation boon. Deadeye is very strong against it since it strike from long range, never standing in melee with renegade on its summons. Engy has some aoe cc and burst too, can do well against renegade. Herald is also good counter, since you can kite and fully heal on renegade's dps but also aoe CC, chill,slow. There are many counters, ranger can beat it with poison cc build too or with longbow(outrange). In future first play it by yourself then come to whine on forum how "OP" it is, please.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"Aktium.9506" said:Get them off the point with CC. I don't play other classes, but on Nec you can Spectral Grasp, GS5 or Fear them off and it messes things up a bunch for them.
doesn't have the tool to do that. So instead of focusing on the weaknesses of his build, it's way easier to focus on other's
relative
strength.

i dont play that build in Plat much. i play a build that is arguably even worse against Renegade (condi Soulbeast duelist). I think the Minstrel druid would probably do ok against it.

@"Svez Poizon XD.5268" said:There are many counters, ranger can beat it with poison cc build too or with longbow(outrange). In future first play it by yourself then come to whine on forum how "OP" it is, please.

where did i say it was OP, and where did I whine? I could make an argument that it's oppressive and anti-fun, which is it, like minionmancer and spirit ranger were back in the day.

turret engi, spirit ranger and minion necro were never oppressive, and only one of those builds was strong. people just hated those builds with a passion. if you play a build with aoe you can nuke the spirits. if you have blocks, block them out, otherwise go offpoint. some spirit attacks can be reflected. if you can't deal with it on whatever build you play then just leave it.

Most Renegades don't support their summons even though they are Jalis, get some AoE CC and cannonball through.

If a Renegade dares using Darkrazor's Daring first on fresh swap, make sure to interrupt that spirit with them so they have nothing left to defend themselves for a bit.

Kek....I've seen it all now. People qqing about renegade in plat. Been playing rene way before it became 'cool'.Honestly - it's a sitting duck inside spirits. Outside of them, rene isn't hard to shut down. Just don't yolo and facetank the spirits....I've seen this a lot when on rene since many think " Rene = Free Kill".

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Kek....I've seen it all now. People qqing about renegade in plat. Been playing rene way before it became 'cool'.Honestly - it's a sitting duck inside spirits. Outside of them, rene isn't hard to shut down. Just don't yolo and facetank the spirits....I've seen this a lot when on rene since many think " Rene = Free Kill".

i think it's just a bit overwhelming, and at least "anti-fun", to be fighting these bastards when you have a thief and reaper on your ass as well. it's just too much clutter, and theyre very strong in team fights. i cant kill their spirits, so probably that's why im struggling on the side node.

@mistsim.2748 said:

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Kek....I've seen it all now. People qqing about renegade in plat. Been playing rene way before it became 'cool'.Honestly - it's a sitting duck inside spirits. Outside of them, rene isn't hard to shut down. Just don't yolo and facetank the spirits....I've seen this a lot when on rene since many think " Rene = Free Kill".

i think it's just a bit overwhelming, and at least "anti-fun", to be fighting these bastards when you have a thief and reaper on your kitten as well. it's just too much clutter, and theyre very strong in team fights. i cant kill their spirits, so probably that's why im struggling on the side node.

While Fun / unfun part is subjective, I share your frustration regarding the visual noise Renegades create. Even when playing as a Renegade, I often find it hard to see what the kitten is happening around me because of my own summons lol. The only toning down that Rene needs is the visual cluster-kitten that the summons make.