Remove Hearts from Map Completion

@Lonami.2987 said:

• Repeatable hearts shouldn't be a thing. It's just wrong and defies the point of map completion in the first place.I disagree only because there are players who really enjoy doing them. I think that they should be required for map completion, but once a repeatable heart is done they should be mandatory to do again each time a character who has already completed it simply wants to talk to the vendor gated behind it.

@"Lonami.2987" said:

• Hearts need some decent story background. The random excuses we get are terrible, hearts are supposed to replace classic quests, but they provide zero lore in 99% of the cases. Give them proper storytelling, even if it's just text dialogue from the NPC.

That really depends on the Heart. A lot of them do have lore comparable to your average "Classic quest". If you talk to the NPC you will get that text dialogue you are asking for.

@kharmin.7683 said:I think that they should be required for map completion, but once a repeatable heart is done they should be mandatory to do again each time a character who has already completed it simply wants to talk to the vendor gated behind it.

Jesus Christ, that's why I hate PoF's open world. The exploration of the maps are uninteresting and full of tedious chores; it's 100% worst than core maps because of that. On the other hand, Core maps had many interesting places, hidden puzzles that don't take forever to finish, interesting events to stumble on, etc. It's up to Arenanet, but if that's the direction they want to take the game, gw2 will lose what made it enjoyable in the first place. The only thing that saved PoF was the quality of the story production, but aside from that, the open-world of PoF was uninteresting, full of chores to do, and hardly many people go back as result of that.

@blade eyes.2034 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I think that they should be required for map completion, but once a repeatable heart is done they should be mandatory to do again each time a character who has already completed it simply wants to talk to the vendor gated behind it.

Jesus Christ, that's why I hate PoF's open world. The exploration of the maps are uninteresting and full of tedious chores; it's 100% worst than core maps because of that.And there are probably many players who really enjoy them. In my opinion, this gives players the (almost) best of both worlds. Heart quests can be repeatable (which they can't in core) but aren't mandatory once done.

On the other hand, Core maps had many interesting places, hidden puzzles that don't take forever to finish, interesting events to stumble on, etc. It's up to Arenanet, but if that's the direction they want to take the game, gw2 will lose what made it enjoyable in the first place.In my opinion, there are many interesting places in PoF, too, it's just that they're not easy to find due to the large aggro radius of the mobs. /shrug

The only thing that saved PoF was the quality of the story production, but aside from that, the open-world of PoF was uninteresting, full of chores to do, and hardly many people go back as result of that.And yet, many people do return to those maps. It's a difficult balancing act for Anet when they make content. They can't satisfy every type of player or preference.