[Doc] Mesmer changes suggestions for CmC

dubidubidubidu.5308

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:If you want to buff mesmer in any capacity you absolutely NEED to delete 1 shot perma stealth mesmer. I just got out of a game where the mesmer was perma stealthed and INSTANTLY killing me on thief with 20645 HP from stealth. This was in a platinum level game, not low tier clown fiestas. There was no avoiding it - no dodging, no predicting it, the dude would burst you from stealth and you were INSTANTLY dead the second he hit you unless you were lucky and randomly dodging someone else. This is 20645 HP and 2029 armor - pretty absurd if you ask me.

Imo, please make chrono an actual "support" and completely revamp wells to follow you around like facets with actives or something. Chrono could be really cool and fun but in it's current form it's either a bunker sitting with wells or just...useless.

Mesmer in general should have its damage output reduced for all the utility and mobility it has.

7/7 traitline, all utilities syndrome ?Mean when 75% class are more mobile, has more sustain and do good damage, and it's a reality, kitten did you even wrote.Can you detail "all" mobility and utility you talk about please.

YOU HAVE BLINK AND CAN MIMIC PORTAL NO ONE ELSE CAN COMPETE WITH THAT

Wait, wait, wait... and mind you i haven't really tried the combo, myself. Doesn't "Echo" only last 10 secs? so you effectively have 10 secs from the time you pop the portal, use it then get it refreshed? Also doesn't the portal stay open for 10 secs. How does the interaction work, I'm genuinely curious now?I can't see for myself as my current hardware doesn't allow me to play.

@MidJuly.1839 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:If you want to buff mesmer in any capacity you absolutely NEED to delete 1 shot perma stealth mesmer. I just got out of a game where the mesmer was perma stealthed and INSTANTLY killing me on thief with 20645 HP from stealth. This was in a platinum level game, not low tier clown fiestas. There was no avoiding it - no dodging, no predicting it, the dude would burst you from stealth and you were INSTANTLY dead the second he hit you unless you were lucky and randomly dodging someone else. This is 20645 HP and 2029 armor - pretty absurd if you ask me.

Imo, please make chrono an actual "support" and completely revamp wells to follow you around like facets with actives or something. Chrono could be really cool and fun but in it's current form it's either a bunker sitting with wells or just...useless.

Mesmer in general should have its damage output reduced for all the utility and mobility it has.

7/7 traitline, all utilities syndrome ?Mean when 75% class are more mobile, has more sustain and do good damage, and it's a reality, kitten did you even wrote.Can you detail "all" mobility and utility you talk about please.

Wait, wait, wait... and mind you i haven't really tried the combo, myself. Doesn't "Echo" only last 10 secs? so you effectively have 10 secs from the time you pop the portal, use it then get it refreshed? Also doesn't the portal stay open for 10 secs. How does the interaction work, I'm genuinely curious now?I can't see for myself as my current hardware doesn't allow me to play.

It's weird. It works like normal when casting the first part of the portal skill if I recall right.

@viquing.8254 said:

That classic mesmer bias showing. Mobility contains in-combat one as well. You know what utility means, I shouldn't have to explain it to you.

@MidJuly.1839 said:

you place portal entrance, RIGHT before placing the exit you use mimic, that way you get portal AND its cooldown is reset. you need to mimic the second cast of portal not the first so its easy to do. Running portal + mimic is a meme but its how it works.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

That classic mesmer bias showing. Mobility contains in-combat one as well. You know what utility means, I shouldn't have to explain it to you.

Yeah so can you list what you yave in mind.You know real data, not jut another mesmer hater random whine.Because as far as I know the only things better than other is vertical staff 2 and jaunt. Which don't make you win a cap game, don't work on every map and which didn't work against 6/9 classes.And staff already did no damage.So I'm pretty curioys about which mobility justify no damage.

@viquing.8254 said:

Yeah so can you list what you yave in mind.You know real data, not jut another mesmer hater random whine.Because as far as I know the only things better than other is vertical staff 2 and jaunt. Which don't make you win a cap game, don't work on every map and which didn't work against 6/9 classes.And staff already did no damage.So I'm pretty curioys about which mobility justify no damage.

Probably the same one mesmer mains use to justify their thief nerf requests.

"Jaunt" has 3 charges. and they can used offensively as well. It's like a deadeye saying they only got access to Shadow Meld for stealth. The amount of overall jail-free cards is quite astounding. Same issue as with holo and, to an extent, herald.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@NorthernRedStar.3054 nope, you should explain what you mean. We are not psychic and cant know what goes in your head.Most people look at sword 3, blink and think what an amazing mobility! while in reality we get outruned by people simply having swiftness and holding W key. ::disappointed:

Swiftness matters little if you're dead from stealth.

"Jaunt" has 3 charges. and they can used offensively as well. The amount of overall jail-free cards is quite astounding. Same issue as with holo and, to an extent, herald.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@NorthernRedStar.3054 nope, you should explain what you mean. We are not psychic and cant know what goes in your head.Most people look at sword 3, blink and think what an amazing mobility! while in reality we get outruned by people simply having swiftness and holding W key. ::disappointed:

Jaunt has 2 charges in PvP and the ammo count has a 30 seconds cooldown. If you need to use both Jaunts it takes 60 seconds to get your jaunts back.

There's no way a mesmer with 35s cooldown Blink and 30s Jaunt and can keep up with the 1,200 and 1,000 movement from a Soulbeast with Bird and Greatsword Swoop (18s and 14.5s traited respectively). The ranger WILL outpace them in mobility.

Even with Mirage and Mirage Thrust you're looking at 7,350 movement for a Mirage in total over a minute while a Soulbeast is hitting 9,800 movement from skills over a minute and that's not even counting the Super Speed and extremely high Swiftness up time that build gets.

Soulbeast has more mobility than Mirage, and the gap widens even further in favor of Soulbeast across the length of an entire match.

"Jaunt" has 3 charges. and they can used offensively as well. It's like a deadeye saying they only got access to Shadow Meld for stealth. The amount of overall jail-free cards is quite astounding. Same issue as with holo and, to an extent, herald.

Jaunt is 2 charges.If you are dead from stealth you would die versus any other burst class. There isn't stunlock anymore and damages were heavily nerfed. Not even talking about the lack of out of jail because contrary to deadeye because you cite it, you can't bypass reveal. There is a reason mesmer isn't meta.So 3 out of jail, 4 depending of location is useless. Particulary when 6/9 class can counter it by normal rotation.

On top of that I'm curious about your suggestions because you probably understand that balancing a class so she only tickle an opponent who is sleeping on a point will not make it viable at all. (Which is actually he case btw and why you don't see mesmers in LB or mAt.).Mean wow I'm suppercool having tools who teleport away when the opponent cap the point laughting at me.

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" thief is mandatory 1 per team, its a problem. especially for mesmer since its hard countered. unlucky.btw, I read through your posting history since you stroke some familiarity with me and oh boy did I find some funny things from you.Asking for "channel" skill buffs as ranger asking for rapid fire buffs kekWWhining that your auto attack doesnt evade kekWWhining on duoQ kekWyou also whined on DH and trapper runesasked for pistolwhip buffs.whined on condi trapper build, dh I guess?Biased, disgruntled ranger/thief player lashing out. PepeLaugh

@mortrialus.3062 said:

It's weird. It works like normal when casting the first part of the portal skill if I recall right.

you place portal entrance, RIGHT before placing the exit you use mimic, that way you get portal AND its cooldown is reset. you need to mimic the second cast of portal not the first so its easy to do. Running portal + mimic is a meme but its how it works.

That just about blew my mind. Never in a thousand years would I have thought it works like that. Now I'm wondering how it's coded on their end and what other tricks can be used with it. Thanks for the clarification gents.

I always love it when a random shows up with copy pasted data from the wiki, without even bothering to check, how skills work in competitive modes, screaming bloody murder. Makes me giggle everytime, thank you kind sir.

• 5 weeks later...

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:This thread is much ado about nothing and a complete waste of time.

It's actually kind of insulting to ask people to spend good time out of their finite lifespans to write something to someone they aren't going to even bother reading.

it is up to you to spend time or not. its a free choice. i will do the effort to create a document as we said that in the 3 hours meeting with cmc where we all ofc wasted our time too (in your opinion at least) then. and i just wanted to give other ppl the chance to participate so it will not include only my point of view. calling me insulting is actually insulting and destructive. feel free to not waste your time with doing that. thx!

I mean CmC doesn't care about your, my or anyones input. Warrior is gutted and several other classes feel terrible and I doubt he even cares; Likely he laughs to himself as he prepares more nerfs. So the more you ask for fixes the more breaking is gonna happen~ Im begining to think "Balance" is a code-word for "Remove from game" because it sure seems like it with how many classes just feel like un-fun clunky classes that can't hold a candle to what they were in 2012 let alone last year.

@viquing.8254 said:Yeah that's I was thinking.I get kinda bored of getting outspeed by necs, facetanked by gards & engis, aoe rollfaced by revs&necs, plasmaed by thieves, permacced by ele, outCDed by ranger+pet, FC illusions by wars.Time to take a rest I guess.

I noped the fuck out during AT when holo killed me with nade basic attack and barrage from healing skill.Now im having a blast playing fun games with friends instead of dealing with the leftover cluster fuck here

hi all. sry for the delay ofc you deserve an answer after such long time.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"viquing.8254" said:Any news ?

lack of news is the news, same old, same old. :D

yeah sadly true

you maybe remember, i got an answer from cmc few days after i sent him the document. he said he appreciates all the effort put into this and he will read it and then give some feedback. but since it is a lot to read, he will need until next weekend. well, that now is over 4-5 weeks ago. and even tho i answered him, that he doesnt need to hurry when he is too busy, i still expected some short feedback would happen already. so i carefully reminded him in case he just forgot about us. sadly i didnt get any answer/ reaction anymore from him until now... so dunno if we ever will get the promised feedback to the document or not.

im not delusional, i said myself i do not expect much from it but trying is better than doing nothing. but i rly expected at least a short feedback, even if it is only like "i did read it but sry we are not able to implement any of it" or "i did read it but we do not like any of it" or after his first answer something like "i need more time to read it than expected, give me few months" or whatever.

so im a bit sad but most of all i feel kinda sry that i maybe (little hope is still there tho) have taken all your time for absolutely nothing. :disappointed: im rly sry. i also dont think it makes sense to finish the second planned document about the core mes balance suggestions under these circumstances (esp feel sry for @Terrorhuz.4695 and others who made a lot of suggestions for that).

maybe it is just the typical anet type of thing, like saying something will happen soon but then still needs 6+ months to happen. so in case anything will change and i will finally receive any feedback from cmc, i will ofc tell you immediately and i also would then immediately finish the second document about core mes suggestions.

until then have a nice day and sry again!

@Quadox.7834 we dont underrate mirageits bad but managable, there is nothing it does that others dont do better, only thing it has is portal thats not even good.It loses most 1v1 on sidenodesIf you wanna roam thief/rev/holo is betterAnd in teamfights it dies due to lack of any sustain. Let alone lack of aoe and clones being dead, and since on mirage you have to commit for the kills big time existance of mist form + glyph is a big fuck you to mirage.

@"Quadox.7834" said:

1. you guys underrate mirageI get bored of mes yeah.Now about the underrating, we can always look at At or ladder representation but it's certainly not a "feeling", same about the clunky mechanics discussed who are in oppositions.
  2. buffs/reworks for core seems more pertinent than for mirage atmVicious expression, yeah because it's a real choice between GM.Bountiful blade, no because it's a weapon trait who work on 2 skills of the said weapon.Duelling destruction because of mirage, no.Chaotic interruption, no.Master of manipulation nerf, yes but not in a world where holo/ranger/rev move way faster than you.Signet of inspiration rework, no.Don't remember more impactfull core change.So well yeah IMO we have a 2/6 pertinents changes, hopefully there is players who find more pertinence to perpetuate the species.

@viquing.8254 said:

@"Quadox.7834" said:
  1. you guys underrate mirageI get bored of mes yeah.Now about the underrating, we can always look at At or ladder representation but it's certainly not a "feeling", same about the clunky mechanics discussed who are in oppositions.
  2. buffs/reworks for core seems more pertinent than for mirage atmVicious expression, yeah because it's a real choice between GM.Bountiful blade, no because it's a weapon trait who work on 2 skills of the said weapon.Duelling destruction because of mirage, no.Chaotic interruption, no.Master of manipulation nerf, yes but not in a world where holo/ranger/rev move way faster than you.Signet of inspiration rework, no.Don't remember more impactfull core change.So well yeah IMO we have a 2/6 pertinents changes, hopefully there is players who find more pertinence to perpetuate the species.

didnt understand what you meant with most of this, due to language. im just saying; it would be more relevant to buff core mes seeing as both core and chrono are worse than mirage atm.

@viquing.8254 said:

@"Quadox.7834" said:

i not saying it is one of the best specs in the game or anything, im just sceptical that it needs all these reworks you guys are suggesting. for example, IH is fine, it actually competes well with elusive mind right now.

some of the changes in the doc are quite complicated and not guaranteed to work so have a risk to end up wasted effort.

some things inread in the doc sound broken as well, such as jaunt with 20 sec cd + leaving behind mirror.

the simple change i would do is to restore two dodges and remove energy sigil from PvP.

@Quadox.7834 said:

didnt understand what you meant with most of this, due to language. im just saying; it would be more relevant to buff core mes seeing as both core and chrono are worse than mirage atm.

My bad, I didn't understand the initial meaning.

@Quadox.7834 said:

i not saying it is one of the best specs in the game or anything, im just sceptical that it needs all these reworks you guys are suggesting. for example, IH is fine, it actually competes well with elusive mind right now.

some of the changes in the doc are quite complicated and not guaranteed to work so have a risk to end up wasted effort.

some things inread in the doc sound broken as well, such as jaunt with 20 sec cd + leaving behind mirror.

the simple change i would do is to restore two dodges and remove energy sigil from PvP.

You could allow Mesmer to have 4 trait lines instead of 3 and it still wouldn't be OP. That's where we are right now.