Upcoming Balance Notes

@senterya.4937 said:I don't really understand the point of nerfing Deadly/Ferocious Archetype for ranger if it's in PvE only. At first glance, this will only mean that soulbeasts will be even less wanted in strikes/raids and fractals.

Seriously? For power Soulbeast it is currently the best power dps with fair amount of CC, who can also bring spirits.

If you find it underperforming, probably you should work on your rotation. And very likely other professions would be more underperforming for you.

Also, 50 power is like 2% nerf. No big deal.

@fatihso.7258 said:Soulbeast hardly keeps up on power dps competition against other specs yet keep nerfing it to the ground, thanks Anet. I'm gonna switch to staff DD and just auto attack while watching netflix and that will beat Slb eventually with these nerfs every once in a blue moon.

You must be kidding right?

@"Asum.4960" said:

Phase Traversal: This skill now performs a pathing check before activation.

Is it christmas already?/E: Apparently this does not mean that Rev can't teleport through half the map terrain without LOS for an unblockable quickness burst anymore, but rather that the skill won't trigger a CD if it can't somehow find a "path", so big F.

You realize rev isn’t the only class that can go through walls without LOS, right? I hope you’re as zealous about removing teleports through walls for all classes that can do it and not just revenant, since if it’s a “broken mechanic” then it should be removed for all classes. But the truth is it’s not a broken mechanic and it’s really just a L2P awareness issue so shouldn’t be removed

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@DirtyDan.4759 said:The necros changes are proof that ArenaNet does not even realize WvW is still in the game. Shade skills triggering on scourge and on the shade was a huge problem until February and now you bring it back in addition to reduce all well cooldowns baseline. No communication with cmc, the only good skill balance dev.Problem is, the previous change was good for WvW, but ignored PvE and PvP. That's the core of the issue - a change that was good for one mode, turned out to be a massive nerf for two other modes, including the mode where Necro was already way too underpowered compared to other classes (which, funnily enough, was also the mode with most players).

I am dissappointed in the way you ignore not only your community but also your own coworkers.And i am disappointed in the way a lot of balance changes that were made with WvW in mind made a mess of things in PvE. ignoring a way bigger part of the community. Funny how that works.

At this point they should probably start working on a way that would allow them to split whole mechanics, and not only coefficients, because it's clear that a proper balance just cannot be made without some mechanics and skills working completely differently between modes.

Pvp and pve characters from gw1 comes to mind, if they cant balance with numbers without a gamemode suffering at any given time then completely split them.

With all due respect- is there like one person and an old woman's cat working on balance changes? In the year of our lord 2020 why the GUARDIAN still has a scepter attack as wobbly cotton balls and another with fists flying around the enemies followed by literal scratching sounds is still beyond me. I kid you not dozens of people FOR FREE in the community would work on this game for you.

I thought I heard you guys talk about Mirage getting unique shatters like Chorno so I would love for those to be developed asap.

@Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:Condi herald has just too many source of 2 second resistances, it can keep resistance uptime. However its glint heal 6 and shield 5 has very short cooldowns for spells that fully absorb damage but also heal to full health if activated correctly. I think its weakness should be its defenses. Its dps should stay. I suggest reducing resistance durations from 2 seconds to 1,5 seconds all but also increasing cooldowns on glint heal by 10 seconds and shield 5 skill by 5 seconds.

Hvala nek si im reko ! Druidu dodaju jos imobilaze kao da ga fali. Ovo sve vise izgleda ko trolanje a ne balance.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

@"Asum.4960" said:

Phase Traversal: This skill now performs a pathing check before activation.

Is it christmas already?/E: Apparently this does not mean that Rev can't teleport through half the map terrain without LOS for an unblockable quickness burst anymore, but rather that the skill won't trigger a CD if it can't somehow find a "path", so big F.

You realize rev isn’t the only class that can go through walls without LOS, right? I hope you’re as zealous about removing teleports through walls for all classes that can do it and not just revenant, since if it’s a “broken mechanic” then it should be removed for all classes. But the truth is it’s not a broken mechanic and it’s really just a L2P awareness issue so shouldn’t be removed

Not on a 5-10 second cool down (Skill/legend Swap) at 1200 range, followed up by an unblockable quickness burst, immob to disable dodges, and then a skill that glues them onto you with Sword 3, even if you happen to have a way of teleporting out yourself (which they then after a short time waiting for energy/legend swap can just keep sheer endlessly porting after you again anyway).

Especially with 4 Revs in about every Plat game this is just getting way too oppressive, especially on maps like Niflhel where they can bypass the entire map terrain, turning the whole rotational and positioning gameplay into a joke.

It's hardly the same as one Thief going for decaps and +1's with that being about it, or a rare Guard porting once a minute.That said, even though Rev is way out of line with being an issue with this, yes, I do think all skills should adhere to the LoS rules in PvP.But if you want to compare it to other Professions and keep the LoS bypasses, giving Phase Traversal a ~30 sec CD and removing the Quickness certainly would be a step in right direction.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:What is freecmc ?!!!!

Allowing him to balance the game again, since these patch notes show he very clearly did not participate in these balance changes as they are a complete 180 of the past 3+ months of changes and even revert a lot of his good changes. People are unhappy with the direction these changes are taking the game and much vastly prefer CMC's direction.

AH Cal "cmc" Cohen. Well. There were an announcement post some times ago. So the previous months is him balancing?

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Black Storm.6974 said:Signets of Suffering was a great Grandmaster trait for PvE, it was generally far better than the other two.

It was providing much better survivability and often even “better dps” (it was often really easy to lose dps by taking damage while in Shroud, when not using Signet of Suffering and Signet of Undeath).That trait being underwhelming was just a fantasy shared by many people.Anyway, I think Signets of Suffering will be useful even in its new spot. I appreciate the change and I think it will make necromancer a bit stronger.

I don't think so. The change is a straight up nerf to the trait.Why would you take signets of suffering on a power reaper, that only increase your power by 90 power when you can get extra 5x25=125 power from choosing the middle trait?

The Power increase is not 90, it is 270 when in Shroud (Signet of Spite does nothing while in Shroud, without that trait). Also, it can do more than just adding Power. We can take it together with Close to Death.Signet of Vampirism could become a stronger heal skill, depending on the amount of Life Steal. I don’t care if it does more or less damage than Blood Fiend, that small DPS difference would be totally worthless anyway, honestly I would never chose the second since it is inferior.

When I said that I think Signets of Suffering will make Necromancer a bit stronger, I was referring to a stronger combination of damage and survivability. I would prefer the trait to not be nerfed, but probably I’ll use it even in that state.

Anyway, the “middle trait” (Awaken the Pain) gives 250 extra Power at 25 stacks of Might, not 125.

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@Senqu.8054 said:Great more nerfs to chrono this is exactly what we need!

those are buffs dummy

How is losing distortion on f4 a buff ?

That's the main oh kitten filler button for Chrono.

And with the shatter refresh signet you just lost it twice.

It's the main reason they gave ip back. It's another ha ha ha trade off.

First of all, signet of illusion doesnt even reset F4.sec of all, you lose 1s of disortion, that doesnt matter since your HP gets rolled back to pre F4 anyways.third of all, you can dry shatter F3 to interrupt people attacking you.

Just editing this first line in: I look at the balance patch from the point of view how this will impact WvW.

So the changes for Necro will really improve the variety of classes in zergs a ton... not.

Get ready to see three Necros and 2 Firebrands or nearly only Necros and especially Pestbringers er Scourges. Wells and Shades for days! The ground will be painted in red. It will be very dangerous and nearly impossible to get in melee range against tons of Necros chaining wells and shades in groups and having the stability and healing from Firebrands to keep them alive.

Can we have a balance patch to not overpower certain classes in WvW? You did the right thing splitting WvW and PvE, but if you really are so concerned about the raids then split them too from the open world PvE!

I would really love to see a step back from ranged (conditons) spikes in WvW. The balance pushed away so many classes that to be able to have at least a fighting chance to win a match up we have to play certain classes.Roaming will always be something else. Zergs will obviously represent the majority of WvW population and this patch made us all predicts even more Scourges and nobody will accept Rangers/Druids in a zerg because Firebrands can support and heal so good. Area of effect and how many people you can heal and support for Druids is not enough for moving battlefiels in WvW.

The change for Shades back to how it was will make the Shades a very effective way to keep all attempts at melee range fight very very unlikely and the Shades will be a ranged spike/barrier to keep attackers away or kill the enemies.

Okay my 5 cents most of it is good but here the exception I can see:ElementalistPrimordial Stance I don't know why they nerf the skill you have easy alternatives then this skill . I mean I need to test it but it can happen this skill falls out of meta after the nerf.

Guardian"Feel my Wrath!" Its absolute correct that this skill was too pronounced but I would have solved it differently . I would increase the quickness that comes from the traits as compensation. Okay this is the FB point of view the problem is "Feel my Wrath!" was often used by Heal FBs and QFBs . The be precise the problem is HFB shouldn't run with this because stabi has more value . The only reason to run with this is being to lazy to use your books . I don't know how this effect QFB well people properly wrote it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

those are buffs dummy

First of all, signet of illusion doesnt even reset F4.sec of all, you lose 1s of disortion, that doesnt matter since your HP gets rolled back to pre F4 anyways.third of all, you can dry shatter F3 to interrupt people attacking you.

This doesn’t change the problem that if you are low hp and use CS, it will end as soon as you drop with your hp to 0, which makes it unusable in some situations on top of having no defense against burst while ccd

weaver is dead in guilds and almost unwanted in squads. Revs do the same amount of damage, while pushing boons like madScrappers with their bombs also push out massive damage, while bringing stealth.

Balanced?Scrapper is prefered over tempest by many, if not most because you have to be an excellent tempest to outcleanse a decent scrapper - and the scrapper brings stealth and and gyros.

Balanced?

Warrior: gunflame hits for 22k

Balanced?

Thief: Vault 11k per hit.

Balanced?

Thief: Attack from stealth and if you do not succeed, just retreat into stealth. No risk, massive reward.

Balanced?

Mirages can keep 3,4 people busy and just retreat whenever they want.

Balanced?

So ANET HATES eles, and loves engi, warrior, guard, mesmer and thieves.

Balanced?

This patch is another bad joke. I request ANET FINALLY adressing the real problem classes once and for all.

Which means: either reduce rev damage a lot, or their boon output. Reduce damage out of stealth. Make fleeing into stealth not a thing (by, for example, reducing speed by 80% and make the thief/mesmer unable to port with shadowstep etc). Hit scrapper with two nerf hammers.

That me or there a lot of people complain about necro shade back on the necro. I mean that was just fine not even close to be overpower and its help necro a lot to cleanse condi on F2 how was not reliable in any gamemode after they removed and secondly if you dont want to be kill by that shade effect on him like in WvW or PvP just stop standing close to the necro and also stop spaming 1-2-3-4-5 on your ranger longbow and keep your skill 4 to push it back other that just randomly use it when is availaible...end of story...

But to make shade more reliable and not abusing in WvW or PvP what Anet should do is make shade dps stackable BUT they can be destroyed/killed like clones. Whit a HP bar so that point it will make less reliable if you precasting shade in PvP or WvW but more reliable in PVE and everybody will be happy.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:yeah? maybe have a look at standard 15-25 squad comps. See any weavers? No?

But you see lots of revs. Wondering why?

See daredevils taking down people from 20k to zero in a second? Yes?Do you really think that is balanced?

Dardevil 20k in one second ?Its becuz anet care about bronze player like you the game is fucked

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

those are buffs dummy

Your first of all is wrong , before the switch to f5 the signet did reset f4.

Chrono is still junk. Worse then core and mirage still. The mesmer profession for wvw and PvP will be low tier garbage till the end of time.