Upcoming Balance Notes

@DNSshadow.4167 said:Again the necromancer loses a support option = /bye bye protection for allies = (welcome to Grand Master property useless blood bankHow should one turn healing into barrier when healing is also a Grand Master trait?

Better yet, how should one turn healing into Barrier, when the entire class is pushed into being in Shroud for as long as possible and you literally cannot get healed while in Shroud (Which is actually one of the concerns for PvE balance due to there being times when being healable is important. It also completely kills any potential for current Necro to be used as a Tank, even if Death Magic can provide a ton of free Toughness)

@Josiah.2967 said:

@YamiNoNeko.8739 said:I never thought I would be making a post on here but the condi nerf to weaver ins uncalled for, it is already hard to master and pull off correctly that nerfing it is basically spitting on all the condi weaver players when they have to work and with how hard it is to pull off the damage shouldn't be nerf is like you guys are just looking at the golem numbers and think you aren't dealing with a lot of mechanics on raids in order to execute it correctly.

Is great that power is getting a bit of a buff but is also hard to play and pull but but not to the extend of condi weaver of course and damage it currently does doesn't reflect how hard is to master and how squishy and glass cannon the class is that power weaver should do more damage for being so glass cannon.

If they were looking at Golemn numbers they would be nerfing guardians.

What are you on? Have you seen the benches? You take guard for FMW and for utility to drop a support slot. A Soulbeast, Weaver and a Holosmith benches higher, but they don’t provide quickness.

Pchrono benches higher and provides quickness, but requires 5 other chronos or permanent slow uptime to be worth taking. They also take longer to ramp up.Time Warp is also buggy and doesn’t work as it should.

For other classes to be comparable they need to give useful boons.

1. Revenant: The QoL is good, the rest seems like poop and doesn't address any of the issues the class is having right now once so ever.
  2. Warrior: Im not sure these will fix the issues that the class is facing, they might but I remain unconvinced as of this time.

The two classes I Care about at the current time, due to my not liking much of the design of the others (I haven't played ranger since PoF because I loathe what options it has available right now for E-specs.)

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

Ranger

Damage-build soulbeasts have been unleashing numbers that are higher than they should be. This is on a broad level rather than being tied to particular weapons or utility skills. As such, we're tapping the power and condition damage bonuses they gain while merged with deadly and ferocious pets for some reductions. In competitive game modes, druids have been seen significantly less use for their supportive abilities, so we're tuning those up to encourage bringing the affected traits and glyphs.

• "Protect Me!": Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from granting barrier while the ranger was merged with their pet as a soulbeast.
  • Viper's Nest: Increased the duration of poison inflicted from 4 seconds to 8 seconds, and reduced the stacks per pulse from 3 to 2.
  • Deadly Archetype (Soulbeast): Reduced the condition damage increase gained while merged with this Deadly archetype pets by 25% (200 to 150 at level 80) in PvE only.
  • Ferocious Archetype (Soulbeast): Reduced power increase gained while merged with Ferocious archetype pets by 25% (200 to 150 at level 80) in PvE only.
  • Seed of Life: Increased number of conditions cleansed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW.
  • Lunar Impact: Increased healing coefficient from 0.72 to 1.0 in PvP and WvW.
  • Vine Surge: Increased immobilize duration from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Grace of the Land: Increased might stacks from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW.
  • Glyph of Rejuvenation (non-celestial): Increased base self-heal from 4,860 to 5,589 in PvP and WvW. Increased base heal for allies from 1,950 to 2,535 in PvP and WvW.
  • Glyph of Rejuvenation (celestial avatar): Increased base self-heal from 1,950 to 2,535 in PvP and WvW. Increased base heal for allies from 4,860 to 5,589 in PvP and WvW.

Why the nerf to viper’s nest?

@Taril.8619 said:

Better yet, how should one turn healing into Barrier, when the entire class is pushed into being in Shroud for as long as possible and you literally cannot get healed while in Shroud (Which is actually one of the concerns for PvE balance due to there being times when being healable is important. It also completely kills any potential for current Necro to be used as a Tank, even if Death Magic can provide a ton of free Toughness)

Heal in shroud is to OP (lifeleech will heal you in shroud)you can easy tank Wing 1-4 with Necromancer (in other Wings i dont know)the problem is when 2 traits belong together but are in the grand master trait

@"MisterDapper.5984" said:What are you on? Have you seen the benches?

Have you?

If you look at Snow Crows benchmarks:

Golem DPS

Unless you're talking about the small hitbox golem benchmarks... But if we're going to look at that, why not look at actual boss benchmarks to see how many have small hitboxes as well as performance in actual fights when played well:

Vale GuardianGorsevalSabethaSlothasorMatthiasKeep ConstructXeraCairnMursaatSamarogDeimosSoulless HorrorDhuumConjured AmalgateTwin LargosQadimCardinal SabirCardinal AdinaQadim the Peerless

I don't know about you, but I see a lot of blue here. With only 2 fights having Elementalist featured (Sabetha and Conjured Amalgate)

Which, if they were going on benchmarks, would suggest a nerf to Guardians...

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

Ranger

Damage-build soulbeasts have been unleashing numbers that are higher than they should be. This is on a broad level rather than being tied to particular weapons or utility skills. As such, we're tapping the power and condition damage bonuses they gain while merged with deadly and ferocious pets for some reductions. In competitive game modes, druids have been seen significantly less use for their supportive abilities, so we're tuning those up to encourage bringing the affected traits and glyphs.
  • "Protect Me!": Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from granting barrier while the ranger was merged with their pet as a soulbeast.
  • Viper's Nest: Increased the duration of poison inflicted from 4 seconds to 8 seconds, and reduced the stacks per pulse from 3 to 2.
  • Deadly Archetype (Soulbeast): Reduced the condition damage increase gained while merged with this Deadly archetype pets by 25% (200 to 150 at level 80) in PvE only.
  • Ferocious Archetype (Soulbeast): Reduced power increase gained while merged with Ferocious archetype pets by 25% (200 to 150 at level 80) in PvE only.
  • Seed of Life: Increased number of conditions cleansed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW.
  • Vine Surge: Increased immobilize duration from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW.
  • Glyph of Rejuvenation (non-celestial): Increased base self-heal from 4,860 to 5,589 in PvP and WvW. Increased base heal for allies from 1,950 to 2,535 in PvP and WvW.
  • Glyph of Rejuvenation (celestial avatar): Increased base self-heal from 1,950 to 2,535 in PvP and WvW. Increased base heal for allies from 4,860 to 5,589 in PvP and WvW.

Why the nerf to viper’s nest?Fully consistent with their longer-duration-less-burst changes on condi. 100% more duration and 33% less stacks is also a net buff...

@Taril.8619 said:

Have you?

Unless you're talking about the small hitbox golem benchmarks... But if we're going to look at that, why not look at actual boss benchmarks to see how many have small hitboxes as well as performance in actual fights when played well:

I don't know about you, but I see a lot of blue here. With only 2 fights having Elementalist featured (Sabetha and Conjured Amalgate)

Since when are we 'balancing' the game after a handful of try -hards? Not saying that the patch is good --- it's kitten garbage, but your way of thinking is really not helping.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Ranger

Why the nerf to viper’s nest?Fully consistent with their longer-duration-less-burst changes on condi. 100% more duration and 33% less stacks is also a net buff...

The only reason to slot viper’s nest is the trait interaction with predators cunning, its a nerf in that regards. More duration won’t make it more appealing, especially with all the condi cleanse flying around.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

Have you?

Since when are we 'balancing' the game after a handful of try -hards? Not saying that the patch is good --- it's kitten garbage, but your way of thinking is really not helping.

They're not. That's literally the point I was making.

Someone said they were balancing around benchmarks, but the benchmarks clearly point at Guardian being the top dog for DPS and have received little in the way of nerfs.

@Josiah.2967 said:

@Mr Hewbuc.3259 said:I hope Anet take a look again on this balance regarding WvWNecro should be nerfed not buffed.Berserker and Crono it's not perfect but at least will not be broken.

Just no. Necro isn't even end game PVE viable. It needs buffs. The $$$ come from PVE players, it's time the balance starts seeing that. Reaper needs some serious help.. Necro's will still be a bottom of the barell joke after this patch, but they may perform a little better.

Regarding WvW. I agree with you about PVE.

I play most of the profs in game save for mesmer and I just have no idea what you're even doing right now with this balance patch.

Engineer: Explosive entrance is way too strong, and the grenade kit needs to get toned down -> You proceed to not touch anything about it at all? Holosmith with explosive entrance and grenade kit is one of the most oppressive and strongest specs in the game right now.

Necro: Core necro fear doing 1.1k damage a pop in spvp is way too much, so you decide to buff fear modifiers? It is currently one of the most played pvp profs, so your solution to this is to buff scourge again, as if it isn't already dominant enough in wvw

Warrior: Is literally unplayable in the current meta so you decide to buff weapons that it cannot afford to play because they are not shield. You buff decapitate but no is going to play berserker in spvp, and barely in wvw. Old GS f1 was better on berserker, and old decapitate. Sword offhand doesn't need a buff it needs a total rework, so does mace, and to make berserker pvp viable the GS f1 doesn't work, the Mace F1 doesn't work, decapitate is terrible for pvp and unplayable.

Power revenant will remain just the same, and the nerfs to the condi revenant will do nothing more but to probably make them just play carrion amulet over sage if the heals aren't potent enough.

Soulbeasts are absolutely outshined by everything else in spvp, their burst remains high but they have nothing else going on for them as it stands, while core ranger pets are 50% of their damage, its a dull and uninteresting playstyle.

Guardians..Any variation of guardian that isn't symbolbrand is just absolutely useless, healbrands barely exist anymore even, core power is literally outshined by everyone and everything, condi is one dimensional and easy to counter. Dragonhunters do not work in spvp at all aside as a meme "for fun build".

Thieves are still dominant with their 4 different meta specs, thief spells are still not fixed. Essence sap stolen from revenants hits like a truck. Thief mobility is as always out of control, but that's just how its always been, right now it just shines out more.

Elementalist in pvp is such a mess, too. Tempest support is insane, and its playstyle with shock aura is absolutely toxic to play against, and yet any form of power, condi weaver or otherwise is completely unviable.

Mesmer is also a complete joke, they have 1 dodge on mirrage, but are somehow still played and viable. What even is wrong with this spec? Chrono has been gutted and destroyed and just giving it back no clone and self shatters won't suddenly fix it, while core is a "Meme one shot burst spec". You'd think that when you take away mesmer's 2 dodges, they'd not constantly hit you with the evasion or invulnerable message, but the spec remains as toxic as ever, only thing is that they do die now and then.

And while I am clearly biased in my opinion, I don't want certain things to be overpowered and others nerfed. All I want is for this game to balanced so that most specs are viable. I don't know where you're getting these ideas from and why but it j ust makes no sense. "Necro is a very dominant proffession right now, lets proceed to buff scourge and fear". "CC should not do damage -> Necro fear ticks for 1.1k"

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

Ranger

The only reason to slot viper’s nest is the trait interaction with predators cunning, its a nerf in that regards. More duration won’t make it more appealing, especially with all the condi cleanse flying around.I explained
why
, whether its appealing or not is irrelevant. Be lucky they didnt nerf predators on top.

@Taril.8619 said:

Have you?

Someone said they were balancing around benchmarks, but the benchmarks clearly point at Guardian being the top dog for DPS and have received little in the way of nerfs.

Virtues is kind of a Golem meme though which won't reach those numbers (and 100% Unscathed Contender uptime) in any real scenario.It's pretty much the opposite Scourge, which benches awfully on a Golem and Golem like Bosses, but scales much better the more complex the actual real fights gets, while Virtues Guard drops off.

Guard is mainly taken for Utility, not DPS, and Feel my Wrath stacking is, at least from what I know, a pretty niche strategy, although I haven't pugged in ages.Chrono, Weaver, Tempest, Soulbeast, Mirage, Holo, Renegade and now Berserker all pull higher numbers than DH or FB.

@"Rylai.3158" said:ll I want is for this game to balanced so that most specs are viable. I don't know where you're getting these ideas from and why but it j ust makes no sense. "Necro is a very dominant proffession right now, lets proceed to buff scourge and fear". "CC should not do damage -> Necro fear ticks for 1.1k"

See.. thats the problem....... all specs should be viable, all weapons should be viable.... you can have a class like warrior the have almost all weapons in game but only 2 or 3 can be viable end the rest gust sit in the storage ... end yah NORN warrior should be more powerful the human warrior end human warrior should be more mobile then Norn.... just saying!

Necro: Glad to see the Scourge shade nerf finally reverted. The new skills and changes to wells might bring some new build ideas; we'll see.

Ranger: Yet another nerf to Soulbeast, even after many Rangers are abandoning Soulbeast and returning to core Bowbear play. As for Druids, the single biggest thing you could do to help them is let them affect a group of ten instead of just five. Same goes for all the healing and support classes, really.

Mesmer: Thanks for past hammering of an entire elite spec and set of builds after people spent literally thousands of hours and gold building Commander's and Minstrel's sets that are now gathering dust. Not sure if these changes will help revive what has essentially become a dead class. Want to help Chrono? Bring back 100% uptime and let them buff ten people. All your changes have done is move the exclusive meta role to Renegade; same problem, different class.

Runes : I am curious about the weaver runes values. I could try for fun on soulbeast. (I guess the values are low)

General : Need to see how much light there is on traits / daze.

Elem : Staff buff and fire trait are interesting. I have no clue how this affects their balance. I did not know about that glyph thing but I might have seen it in 2V2 / 3V3.

Engie : Small buffs on core and scrapper. It does look like holo pressure is unchanged in PvP.

Guard : Hoping to see a few power builds in the future but condi might be easier to play and still be more impactful. I like the small shouts buffs

Mesmer : Letting chrono analyze it for both PvE and PvP : )

Necro : Looks fun for power builds :D. I am going to miss vampiric rituals a LOT. That did so much for the power well scourge build that I am trying this season. I know this trait was highly situational but this is its strength and I do not think the new one does look as good as the other options in PvP. The lack of protection is going to be a huge loss (and I understand those complaining about WvW and I got quickly used to the shade mec in sPvP)

Ranger :

• Protect me : Great ! Finally we know what it is. Took so long I saw it as a feature X). A somewhat small buff to sicem after being bashed for so many patches.
  • Nerfs to slb XD. Those number reductions should be fine. It finally has a build doing better than what a ‘support’ banner warrior can do. But I am not sure I get it since it was behind a lot of builds for so many years without getting a buff.
  • Druid : I like the glyph and grace of the land changes in PvP but druid is not a problem of numbers. Actually it is for a lot of things but not this way. The spells and conditions (ca full and other stuff) you need to make druid work make are too slow for being a good support. Increasing the spells values are a good first step but not exactly what it needs to be a support and could become more frustrating in lower levels. Seed of life is a perfect example. You put it, hope for an ally to go in, and take huge damage / risks compared to other profession really quick dispells.

Revenant : Lots of small fixes. I find interesting that they went for this cut in herald survivability. The changes to sevenshot are curious? I would have missed the implications of the teleport skills without others comment and I did not expect that. I think guard had it years ago. Is it going to be the standard way "on target teleport" that are not shadowstep work?

Thief : Waiting for the rest :)

Warrior : Small buffs but they need it :) Brave stride is probably the only one I am not sure. Between this and warrior’s sprint warrior it could feel frustrating to fight.

@Asum.4960 said:

Have you?

Virtues is kind of a Golem meme though which won't reach those numbers (and 100% Unscathed Contender uptime) in any real scenario.It's pretty much the opposite Scourge, which benches awfully on a Golem and Golem like Bosses, but scales much better the more complex the actual real fights gets, while Virtues Guard drops off.

Guard is mainly taken for Utility, not DPS, and Feel my Wrath stacking is, at least from what I know, a pretty niche strategy, although I haven't pugged in ages.Chrono, Weaver, Tempest, Soulbeast, Mirage, Holo, Renegade and now Berserker all pull higher numbers than DH or FB.

Boss bechmarks disagree. The utility only pushes guardian to the must have territory which is unhealthy.

@"aymnad.9023" said:Runes : I am curious about the weaver runes values. I could try for fun on soulbeast. (I guess the values are low)

General : Need to see how much light there is on traits / daze.

Elem : Staff buff and fire trait are interesting. I have no clue how this affects their balance. I did not know about that glyph thing but I might have seen it in 2V2 / 3V3.

Engie : Small buffs on core and scrapper. It does look like holo pressure is unchanged in PvP.

Guard : Hoping to see a few power builds in the future but condi might be easier to play and still be more impactful. I like the small shouts buffs

Mesmer : Letting chrono analyze it for both PvE and PvP : )

Necro : Looks fun for power builds :D. I am going to miss vampiric rituals a LOT. That did so much for the power well scourge build that I am trying this season. I know this trait was highly situational but this is its strength and I do not think the new one does look as good as the other options in PvP. The lack of protection is going to be a huge loss (and I understand those complaining about WvW and I got quickly used to the shade mec in sPvP)

Ranger :

• Protect me : Great ! Finally we know what it is. Took so long I saw it as a feature X). A somewhat small buff to sicem after being bashed for so many patches.
  • Nerfs to slb XD. Those number reductions should be fine. It finally has a build doing better than what a ‘support’ banner warrior can do. But I am not sure I get it since it was behind a lot of builds for so many years without getting a buff.
  • Druid : I like the glyph and grace of the land changes in PvP but druid is not a problem of numbers. Actually it is for a lot of things but not this way. The spells and conditions (ca full and other stuff) you need to make druid work make are too slow for being a good support. Increasing the spells values are a good first step but not exactly what it needs to be a support and could become more frustrating in lower levels. Seed of life is a perfect example. You put it, hope for an ally to go in, and take huge damage / risks compared to other profession really quick dispells.

Revenant : Lots of small fixes. I find interesting that they went for this cut in herald survivability. The changes to sevenshot are curious? I would have missed the implications of the teleport skills without others comment and I did not expect that. I think guard had it years ago. Is it going to be the standard way "on target teleport" that are not shadowstep work?

Thief : Waiting for the rest :)

Warrior : Small buffs but they need it :) Brave stride is probably the only one I am not sure. Between this and warrior’s sprint warrior it could feel frustrating to fight.

The 10s CD will make Brave Stride very bearable trust me. That and stability can still be corrupted by classes that have access to that. You also have to take into consideration that they also majorly buffed Mending, which makes Peak Performance even more important to take so Brave Stride might not even be taken that much more often that it is now.

Now if that ICD on Brave Stride were shorter, then yeah you'd see it get run in a heartbeat. Truly a shame that took such a nice idea that come up out of the warrior forum and slapped too long of an ICD on it.

@Josiah.2967 said:

Have you?

Boss bechmarks disagree. The utility only pushes guardian to the must have territory which is unhealthy.

It isn't a must have though, plenty, if not the vast majority, of groups don't stack Guards with FMW, but instead run dedicated Quickness supports leaving the DPS slots open for w/e, a capacity in which the named DPS's can easily outperform Guardians.

If you are referring to the "numbers to aim for" section on SC, they generally only list the Specs which are contained in the "recommended" comp, except for some cases with some old left overs and aren't anything to go by in that regard. On top of that Comps are even acknowledged to not have been updated in half a year, since when Guard has been nerfed while others spec received buffs.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The 10s CD will make Brave Stride very bearable trust me. That and stability can still be corrupted by classes that have access to that. You also have to take into consideration that they also majorly buffed Mending, which makes Peak Performance even more important to take so Brave Stride might not even be taken that much more often that it is now.

Now if that ICD on Brave Stride were shorter, then yeah you'd see it get run in a heartbeat. Truly a shame that took such a nice idea that come up out of the warrior forum and slapped too long of an ICD on it.

I think it fits perfectly warrior. In its current state, I am not worried it will break anything. I did not consider mender at all. To be honest I forgot it was physical. So you are most likely right.

What I had in mind is that warrior can already be a hard to lock profession, especially once you go with spellbreaker. It is probably safe to say the same skills working for warriors sprint are going to work here (which there is a good amount). While using axe 3 on necro during a rampage is super satisfying, professions who do not heave those corrupt / removal just get an extra layer to get through feeling sometimes random (I wonder if it pops during or after the skill) which is what I described as frustrating. (again not too strong because of the lack of damage)

" we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing." Are you kidding lmao, yeah ill let u know if that stability is overpowered, thanks for everything... LMAO just delete warrior you have no respect for the class anyway

@Asum.4960 said:

Have you?

It isn't a must have though, plenty, if not the vast majority, of groups don't stack Guards with FMW, but instead run dedicated Quickness supports leaving the DPS slots open for w/e, a capacity in which the named DPS's can easily outperform Guardians.

If you are referring to the "numbers to aim for" section on SC, they generally only list the Specs which are contained in the "recommended" comp, except for some cases with some old left overs and aren't anything to go by in that regard. On top of that Comps are even acknowledged to not have been updated in half a year, since when Guard has been nerfed while others spec received buffs.

I know a lot of raid groups stacking guardians to bypass mechanics. Benchmarks speak for themselves. Guardians are viable (top tier) for every mode. Not everyone wants to play Guardian Wars 2.