We need a time of the month where we can raid pve players in a pve rich environment

@"Swagger.1459" said:I don't need to define anything. The Devs did it just fine...

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/TemperHoof/072012/23486_Guild-Wars-2-Redefines-Open-World-PVP

“The overall design for Guild Wars 2 does not support fully open world PvP and it would take a prohibitive amount of work to even make it possible. World versus world is our version of open world PvP, and while it isn’t ‘true’ open world PvP for more PvP purists, it does contain many of the elements that make world PvP so exciting. Hopefully it will mostly satisfy people that want open world PvP.” — Mike Ferguson

So? The idea is still here. Make it happen anet. :3

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing's first: I apologize for being rude; I have a high fever and that makes me irritable, I know it's no excuse but it's still an explanation. That being said, I don't think I take issue with your idea as much as I take your inability to take "No." for an answer. I was taught not to be disrespectful and if I forgot, people were willing to slap it back into me. I say disrespectful because they have already said that it's pretty unlikely to happen, many others said the same, and you persisted. There is a fine line between determination and a detrimental force of will. So, yes, I apologize for being rude, but I still feel kinda incensed about it.

@"Tsakhi.8124" said:First thing's first: I apologize for being rude; I have a high fever and that makes me irritable, I know it's no excuse but it's still an explanation. That being said, I don't think I take issue with your idea as much as I take your inability to take "No." for an answer. I was taught not to be disrespectful and if I forgot, people were willing to slap it back into me. I say disrespectful because they have already said that it's pretty unlikely to happen, many others said the same, and you persisted. There is a fine line between determination and a detrimental force of will. So, yes, I apologize for being rude, but I still feel kinda incensed about it.

:3 I won't be convinced out of this idea but it also means I can't convince others into it. It will simply be a case where there will be in favor of it or against it. And I believe that to be fine

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

No.

Yes. :)

It is fun for the ppl doign the killing. It is not fun for the people there for the jormag meta. You can only do that in an environment, where both sides have signed in to that agreement, and I doubt you'd get many PvE players to do that. Surely not enough to make the whole event fun.Or are you really suggesting, that it should be done without consent, or that consent is already given by logging in? Surely not.

@nthmetal.9652 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

No.

It is fun for the ppl doign the killing. It is not fun for the people there for the jormag meta. You can only do that in an environment, where both sides have signed in to that agreement, and I doubt you'd get many PvE players to do that. Surely not enough to make the whole event fun.That's why it's the players choice to go into a pk instance. If you go there, you'll know you're prone to being pk'd.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

No.

It is fun for the ppl doign the killing. It is not fun for the people there for the jormag meta. You can only do that in an environment, where both sides have signed in to that agreement, and I doubt you'd get many PvE players to do that. Surely not enough to make the whole event fun.That's why it's the players choice to go into a pk instance. If you go there, you'll know you're prone to being pk'd.

Devs don't want to split the playerbase. They've said so. I agree with them. It's never going to happen because even if you really REALLY want it, not enough people want it, compared to the number of people who are dead set against it. It's not how the game was designed and you don't completely change game design 7 years in becasue a small group of people want something. That's how a lot of games end up going out of business.

@Vayne.8563 said:

No.

Devs don't want to split the playerbase. They've said so. I agree with them. It's never going to happen because even if you really REALLY want it, not enough people want it, compared to the number of people who are dead set against it. It's not how the game was designed and you don't completely change game design 7 years in becasue a small group of people want something. That's how a lot of games end up going out of business.

You don't speak for the devs bro. Just yourself :)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

No.

No.

Of course I don't speak for the devs. The devs speak for themselves and I just repeat what they've said. Which isn't speaking for the devs. It's not going to happen even if you think there's a chance it will. I'm content with that. You can keep hoping and keep making posts, but they originally seperated PvP and PvE for a reason, they also said they didn't want to divide the player base. I don't speak for the devs. But I do listen when they speak.

@Vayne.8563 said:

No.

No.

Of course I don't speak for the devs. The devs speak for themselves and I just repeat what they've said. Which isn't speaking for the devs. It's not going to happen even if you think there's a chance it will. I'm content with that. You can keep hoping and keep making posts, but they originally seperated PvP and PvE for a reason, they also said they didn't want to divide the player base. I don't speak for the devs. But I do listen when they speak.

Devs didn't respond to this thread yet. Until then, there's always a chance it can happen in the future

"Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning" had zones where enemy realm players could try their luck roaming in cerain clearly defined PvE leveling zones of another realm. Maybe with Cantha expansion if there's a faction system, one or two map could have this raiding system.

@"aleron.1438" said:"Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning" had zones where enemy realm players could try their luck roaming in cerain clearly defined PvE leveling zones of another realm. Maybe with Cantha expansion if there's a faction system, one or two map could have this raiding system.

Yes :) an instance for pve and one for Pk

I really like the idea of broadening the definition of world vs world to include fights limited to much smaller balanced group battles as well as larger ones, guild vs guild or group vs group, moba style situated in different areas or different maps that have some high reward and unusual elements to them. Something like Hero's Ascent from GW1.

However, if accessable through travel and not via the mists, these battleground areas would have to be clearly demarcated from the typical pve zerg nonsense or dps check instanced 'end-game' that pervades gw2 pve, because - as many stated previously, those pve players would be decimated by more veteran PvPers.

Ultimately, it just sounds like an upgrade to the current WvW setup, i.e. the mythical alliances.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:So, tell me if I got this right:You've been spawn-camping in WvW too much and now PvE players won't join the map for their dailies anymore. Now you're looking for a different way to get easy kills because actually fighting other WvW players is too hard for you...

@"Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682" said:

You find that funny ? It's definitely not. Wanting to, at least annoy, and enrage children to old people asking nothing.You find funny annoying others for
your
pleasure ? Well... There is an adjective for your kind and it's highly impolite...

Yep, you got it. Griefers in every game are never happy with the small target base. They want easy pickings. Any game that gave it to them lost players in droves. I think A-Net is smarter than that. They have done a great job of setting up PvE and PvP on separate areas - even gave PvPers 2 areas (PvP & WvW). If that is not enough for them... they will just never be happy.

Also, notice in the OP he wants to raid PvE areas, like Jormag, then later changes it to an instance. He is making up this troll post as he goes along.

@Tukaram.8256 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:So, tell me if I got this right:You've been spawn-camping in WvW too much and now PvE players won't join the map for their dailies anymore. Now you're looking for a different way to get easy kills because actually fighting other WvW players is too hard for you...

@"Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682" said:

You find that funny ? It's definitely not. Wanting to, at least annoy, and enrage children to old people asking nothing.You find funny annoying others for
your
pleasure ? Well... There is an adjective for your kind and it's highly impolite...

Yep, you got it. Griefers in every game are never happy with the small target base. They want easy pickings. Any game that gave it to them lost players in droves. I think A-Net is smarter than that. They have done a great job of setting up PvE and PvP on separate areas - even gave PvPers 2 areas (PvP & WvW). If that is not enough for them... they will just never be happy.

Also, notice in the OP he wants to raid PvE areas, like Jormag, then later changes it to an instance. He is making up this troll post as he goes along.

No. It's a serious post. Pk instance and pve instance. Those who understand goes to their own respective areas.

@Apokriphos.7042 said:I really like the idea of broadening the definition of world vs world to include fights limited to much smaller balanced group battles as well as larger ones, guild vs guild or group vs group, moba style situated in different areas or different maps that have some high reward and unusual elements to them. Something like Hero's Ascent from GW1.

However, if accessable through travel and not via the mists, these battleground areas would have to be clearly demarcated from the typical pve zerg nonsense or dps check instanced 'end-game' that pervades gw2 pve, because - as many stated previously, those pve players would be decimated by more veteran PvPers.

Ultimately, it just sounds like an upgrade to the current WvW setup, i.e. the mythical alliances.

As there are pk and pve instances. Even servers. Let's upgrade the idea. Those who go to these places know what.tbey are getting at :)

Just make a PvE/P raid that has multiple squads start from opposite directions. You'd be locked in combat so you can't change builds. The faster you complete the PvE content in your lane, the better buffs you get. That should heavily benefit the PvEers. Then the squads face off at the end for a winner takes all deathmatch which would heavily benefit organised WvWers.

Would be fun to add PK to certain pve maps.In old Aion a ganker was visible on the map for a while if Im not mistaken. And ppl could start hunting them. Was fun. Remember the twinks before they nerfed it?In some asian games I recall that you would loose part of you gear and gold if you get defeated while pk-ing.