[Suggestion] Create a ''Samurai'' based class?

Alexx.5329

@Helbjorne.9368 said:

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:I would rather see something based on the Dervish, honestly.

I miss my Dervish. Such a fun class to play.

So overpowered in CMs right after the rework. At one point I took on three enemy players and three enemy NPCs (at the Luxon side amber mine in FA) solo and won. It was glorious. Then ANet had to go and nerf Onslaught. Twice.

@Lancaeron.1524 said:Well, first off, Samurais were Japanese Warriors, who wielded katanas, which could be either used as a one-handed or two-handed sword. We have the Samurai covered by the Warriors in GW2, and we have Belinda Delaqua's greatsword skin, which is a katana!

Belinda's greatsword isn't a katana; if anything, it's an odachi. Katanas were really short in the blade (but rather heavy for a sword of that length).

What most people don't realize, though, is that the samurai were for a long time primarily mounted archers. Their favored weapon was a very large (>7 foot, or 2.1 m), asymmetrical bow called a yumi (which would be difficult for ANet to make a skin of, but it would also be awesome if they managed it). They didn't become obsessed with emphasize the sword until later on, during a period of relative peace. During their heyday, they used mostly bows, short spears and (when introduced to them) guns. They loved their matchlocks.

Archived