Warrior Balance Requests Omnibus

Lan Deathrider.5910

@"hash.8462" said:On the dual wielding issue... isn't easier to just add "+150 ferocity under the effect of quickness" to the current trait?

It could also be dependent on the OH Weapon.

+150 Ferocity for Axe+150 Condi Damage for Sword (Could be Expertise instead to differentiate from Torch)+150 Toughness for Mace+150 Precision for Dagger

And in the event we get Dual Pistols on the next Espec+150 Power for Pistol. Not doing Concentration since that is tied into the Warhorn trait.

That would be easier to do, and I would be inclined if that +Stats while under the effects of quickness had a source of quickness tied to it, like gain 4s of quickness on a critical hit, 10s/20s CD. Split is for PvE & WvW / PvP

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:It could also be dependent on the OH Weapon.

Not against it, but... from wiki:Arms is a core specialization for the warrior that focuses on critical hits and use of bleeding as source of damage.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arms

I prefer simple solutions to the overcomplicated ones...By itself the curent trait is already ok, the biggest problem turns up when the warrior is in a party with high quickness uptime, that's all.

@hash.8462 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:It could also be dependent on the OH Weapon.

Not against it, but... from wiki:
Arms is a core specialization for the warrior that focuses on critical hits and use of bleeding as source of damage

I prefer simple solutions to the overcomplicated ones...By itself the curent trait is already ok, the biggest problem turns up when the warrior is in a party with high quickness uptime, that's all.

Oh I am aware of the condi part of Arms, that is why I suggested originally that the trait inflict condi's on critical hits with OH weapons, with the condi being unique per weapon (boon removal in the case of dagger).

@Mighty Cole.7849 said:@Lan Deathrider.5910What do you think about this?

• Defy Pain: Gain Protection when struck below 50% HP and regain health equal to 5% of all outgoing damage for a short duration (5s)

It would synergize well with Adrenal Health and create incentive to play aggressively. Granted, they would have to keep the healing coefficient low.

Protection yes, but what you are proposing is essentially a lesser blood reckoning in addition to that. I'm not against it, but there may be a better option.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Protection yes, but what you are proposing is essentially a lesser blood reckoning in addition to that. I'm not against it, but there may be a better option.Yeah, it would have to be an extremely watered down version of Blood Reckoning (no initial heal, no adrenaline gain, no Berserk duration increase and about 85% less healing potential).

Another possibility would be:

• Defy Pain: Gain Protection when struck below 50% HP. Incoming condition damage is reduced while you have protection.

I.e. Warriors version of Dark Defiance

Although, that might make Guard Counter too strong while running spellbreaker. idkI think everyone will agree with giving the trait protection, however, giving it retaliation seems a little redundant because of Spiked Armor.It needs something, but it shouldn't be so powerful that the other traits in the same tier feel inept or people are compelled to run Defense because of it.

@Mighty Cole.7849 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Protection yes, but what you are proposing is essentially a lesser blood reckoning in addition to that. I'm not against it, but there may be a better option.Yeah, it would have to be an extremely watered down version of Blood Reckoning (no initial heal, no adrenaline gain, no Berserk duration increase and about 85% less healing potential).

Another possibility would be:
  • Defy Pain: Gain Protection when struck below 50% HP. Incoming condition damage is reduced while you have protection.

I.e. Warriors version of Dark Defiance

Although, that might make Guard Counter too strong while running spellbreaker. idkI think everyone will agree with giving the trait protection, however, giving it retaliation seems a little redundant because of Spiked Armor.It needs something, but it shouldn't be so powerful that the other traits in the same tier feel inept or people are compelled to run Defense because of it.

Giving it retaliation helps upkeep the damage reduction from Spiked Armor.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Acyk.9671 said:I would like for Anet to bring back non crit damage on CC skills. There is too much of a split between damage weapons and cc weapons now which affects builds and gears in a binary way in WvW: minstrel or marauder.Do you think via a trait, like Pulminary Impact or possibly by reworking Body Blow?

If you add that to traits you are even more enforcing a playstyle on you character, E specs and trade offs already do that to an extreme. And this affects every classes, not just warrior.But if you were to reintroduce blank damage through traits, Body Blow or weapon's traits like Merciless hammer and Sundering Mace would be the solution. Especially since those traits are never played. Merciless hammer is even more useless now... Maces need a rework though.Well this is up to Anet owning up to no damage CCs being a mistake. I think we'd have more success getting additional effects via traits than getting straight damage back.True.

Also reduce the trade off (fatal frenzy) on berserker in competitive game modes, -300 toughness alone makes berserker nonviable and +300 power/condi is not really needed. +/-150 should be enough.

Adding few stats in PvE/WvW from PvP amulets would also improve warrior's build diversity.

Fatal Frenzy's toughness hit is stiff considering we lost core F1s as well. EITHER would have been enough of a tradeoff.I vote to just begone with the toughness penalty.

I also suggest changing Burst of Aggression so that the quickness and super speed are refreshed when you hit with a Primal Burst.

These two changes would go a long way in helping Berserker, but am not sure what else it may need.

Honestly, i don't think berserker needs much more. Anet made it too much of a glass canon imo to make it competitive. It already does a fair amount of damage, it is just crippled by a lack of self sustain.Well removing the toughness penalty would help its sustain and might actually make it more viable don't you think?

yes, at least reducing it. Another thing is for melee gameplay to be more viable in WvW but that means nerfing other classes and probably WoD.Head Butt also need an improvement or rework but coming from WvW i like banner. Any other improvement/balance should come from core trait lines imo

Warrior in general just needs the tools to dive bomb in WvW. Head Butt could be faster I suppose. Despite have some range it is easiest to hit at point blank range. With the no dmg on CC thing though they need to rework what it does, again.

You are right that most of the improvements that need to happen are within the core traits and weapons, but Berserker specifically needs some attention, see the above comments with @felix.2386.

Well it will be viable in WvW. I can't really say for pvp but do not think of berserker as what warrior's role was. It will never be a side noder or bruiser anymore. Anet is enforcing trinity and i'm 99% sure they want berserker to be played with a support at its side and have the same role as a reaper right now.

True, but a Reaper can do the same thing but have more sustain with less need to be baby sat, speaking from experience playing both specs. Still Berserker needs something about it to change.

The Reaper excels at big hitbox damage and clearing mobs so what warrior needs is a boost in the hammer since is the only weapon that hits multiple mobs that are separated

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@Acyk.9671 said:I would like for Anet to bring back non crit damage on CC skills. There is too much of a split between damage weapons and cc weapons now which affects builds and gears in a binary way in WvW: minstrel or marauder.Do you think via a trait, like Pulminary Impact or possibly by reworking Body Blow?

If you add that to traits you are even more enforcing a playstyle on you character, E specs and trade offs already do that to an extreme. And this affects every classes, not just warrior.But if you were to reintroduce blank damage through traits, Body Blow or weapon's traits like Merciless hammer and Sundering Mace would be the solution. Especially since those traits are never played. Merciless hammer is even more useless now... Maces need a rework though.Well this is up to Anet owning up to no damage CCs being a mistake. I think we'd have more success getting additional effects via traits than getting straight damage back.True.

Also reduce the trade off (fatal frenzy) on berserker in competitive game modes, -300 toughness alone makes berserker nonviable and +300 power/condi is not really needed. +/-150 should be enough.

Adding few stats in PvE/WvW from PvP amulets would also improve warrior's build diversity.

Fatal Frenzy's toughness hit is stiff considering we lost core F1s as well. EITHER would have been enough of a tradeoff.I vote to just begone with the toughness penalty.

I also suggest changing Burst of Aggression so that the quickness and super speed are refreshed when you hit with a Primal Burst.

These two changes would go a long way in helping Berserker, but am not sure what else it may need.

Honestly, i don't think berserker needs much more. Anet made it too much of a glass canon imo to make it competitive. It already does a fair amount of damage, it is just crippled by a lack of self sustain.Well removing the toughness penalty would help its sustain and might actually make it more viable don't you think?

yes, at least reducing it. Another thing is for melee gameplay to be more viable in WvW but that means nerfing other classes and probably WoD.Head Butt also need an improvement or rework but coming from WvW i like banner. Any other improvement/balance should come from core trait lines imo

Warrior in general just needs the tools to dive bomb in WvW. Head Butt could be faster I suppose. Despite have some range it is easiest to hit at point blank range. With the no dmg on CC thing though they need to rework what it does, again.

You are right that most of the improvements that need to happen are within the core traits and weapons, but Berserker specifically needs some attention, see the above comments with @felix.2386.

Well it will be viable in WvW. I can't really say for pvp but do not think of berserker as what warrior's role was. It will never be a side noder or bruiser anymore. Anet is enforcing trinity and i'm 99% sure they want berserker to be played with a support at its side and have the same role as a reaper right now.

True, but a Reaper can do the same thing but have more sustain with less need to be baby sat, speaking from experience playing both specs. Still Berserker needs something about it to change.

The Reaper excels at big hitbox damage and clearing mobs so what warrior needs is a boost in the hammer since is the only weapon that hits multiple mobs that are separated

Easy, give damage back to CC's, and/or make body blow power damage instead of bleed. Then reduce the knockback range of staggering blow to 100.

About Defy pain, why not introduce more of the stance unique abilities within the traits instead of boons (or plus boons). Namely, Defy Pain granting Protection for 7 sec, but also Critical Strike Immunity for 4 sec as well. Give it a 45 sec ICD to compensate. It's not total damage mitigation and adds something more than raw Protection.

Same logic could apply to Last Stand. Make it utilize a stance-unique ability. Perhaps the ability from Berserker's Stance to passively generate adrenaline after hitting a certain health threshold, which would give you the adrenaline required to land quick Bursts which can restore your health via Adrenal Health.

Also, I would love for Frenzy to get a unique-stance effect as well. The Might and Quickness are very good as is, but I always thought that the fourth stance needed that extra bit. Balanced Stance covers the flat dmg mitigation without covering from all power dmg. Endure Pain ignores all flat dmg. Berserker's Stance ignores all conditions. So Maybe Frenzy can be a "conditions stacked on you under the effect of Frenzy last for a reduced amount (25%)".

You can tone down the Might a bit if the skill sounds op, or give it a bit of a bigger CD. But while being on a wild Frenzy I expect a warrior to not be hindered easily (as far as the theme goes). Opinions?

@"Grand Marshal.4098" said:About Defy pain, why not introduce more of the stance unique abilities within the traits instead of boons (or plus boons). Namely, Defy Pain granting Protection for 7 sec, but also Critical Strike Immunity for 4 sec as well. Give it a 45 sec ICD to compensate. It's not total damage mitigation and adds something more than raw Protection.That would be more like the current last stand's effect, sans the stun break.Same logic could apply to Last Stand. Make it utilize a stance-unique ability. Perhaps the ability from Berserker's Stance to passively generate adrenaline after hitting a certain health threshold, which would give you the adrenaline required to land quick Bursts which can restore your health via Adrenal Health.If stance like effects are putting put into places then the immunity to crits would go onto last stand, and the adrenaline gain would be better suited elsewhere. Not sure where to be honest.Also, I would love for Frenzy to get a unique-stance effect as well. The Might and Quickness are very good as is, but I always thought that the fourth stance needed that extra bit. Balanced Stance covers the flat dmg mitigation without covering from all power dmg. Endure Pain ignores all flat dmg. Berserker's Stance ignores all conditions. So Maybe Frenzy can be a "conditions stacked on you under the effect of Frenzy last for a reduced amount (25%)".So add on to Frenzy a buff that reduces incoming condi's by 25% or just reduce the current condi durations by 25%?You can tone down the Might a bit if the skill sounds op, or give it a bit of a bigger CD. But while being on a wild Frenzy I expect a warrior to not be hindered easily (as far as the theme goes). Opinions?It's CD is already long. What may be better suited to frenzy is to put immunity to movement impairing conditions on if for its duration.

@"Grand Marshal.4098" said:About Defy pain, why not introduce more of the stance unique abilities within the traits instead of boons (or plus boons). Namely, Defy Pain granting Protection for 7 sec, but also
Critical Strike Immunity
for 4 sec as well. Give it a 45 sec ICD to compensate. It's not total damage mitigation and adds something more than raw Protection.That would be more like the current last stand's effect, sans the stun break.

I wanted to change the roles of Defy Pain and Last Stand a bit tbh. Basically, them not being just lesser stances. SOunds kinda boring doesn't it? Hence why I try to mix them up. Perhaps maintaining the Protection but also giving barrier? That seems to be in line with many defensive traits across the board.

Same logic could apply to Last Stand. Make it utilize a stance-unique ability. Perhaps the ability from Berserker's Stance to passively generate adrenaline after hitting a certain health threshold, which would give you the adrenaline required to land quick Bursts which can restore your health via Adrenal Health.If stance like effects are putting put into places then the immunity to crits would go onto last stand, and the adrenaline gain would be better suited elsewhere. Not sure where to be honest.The more I think about it the better it sounds. Perhaps reworking Dogged March into something more stance-relevant, so we can have 3 traits on stances in defense?

Also, I would love for Frenzy to get a unique-stance effect as well. The Might and Quickness are very good as is, but I always thought that the fourth stance needed that extra bit. Balanced Stance covers the flat dmg mitigation without covering from all power dmg. Endure Pain ignores all flat dmg. Berserker's Stance ignores all conditions. So Maybe Frenzy can be a "conditions stacked on you under the effect of Frenzy last for a reduced amount (25%)".So add on to Frenzy a buff that reduces incoming condi's by 25% or just reduce the current condi durations by 25%?Reduced duration on all condis on you, by a quarter is what I had in mind.

You can tone down the Might a bit if the skill sounds op, or give it a bit of a bigger CD. But while being on a wild Frenzy I expect a warrior to not be hindered easily (as far as the theme goes). Opinions?It's CD is already long. What may be better suited to frenzy is to put immunity to movement impairing conditions on if for its duration.Really liked this idea, but I thought "isn't that Rampage's job?"

Reworked Defense

Minor Adept Thick Skin : Reduce incoming damage (5%).

Major Adept 1 Defense Expert : Blocks count as reflects. Projectile Destruction counts as reflect. Shield skills gain reduced recharge (20%). Gain pulsing adrenaline (7 adrenaline per 1s interval for 2s) after a successful reflect (skills that can reflect include: Shield Stance, Mace Counterblow, Sword Riposte, Shattering Blow, WoD) (12s ICD).

Major Adept 2 Dogged March : Reduce the duration of movement-impeding conditions (66%) and gain a stack of Adrenal Health when affected by such conditions (10s ICD)

Major Adept 3 Cull the Weak : Critical hits have a chance of inflicting weakness (66%) (3s). Increased outgoing damage to weakened foes (7%) (5s ICD)

Minor Master Adrenal Health : Gain health (1,490) based on adrenaline spent (max of 3 stacks). Once at max stacks, gain Barrier equal to 10% of your max health.

Major Master 1 Defy Pain : Gain Protection (5s) when struck below the health threshold (50%). Gain Retaliation for the same amount (5s) (20s ICD).

Major Master 2 Armored Attack : Gain Power based on a percentage of Toughness (10%). Gain Retaliation (4s) when you inflict weakness on a foe. Gaining Retaliation grants you might (3 stacks for 5s).

Major Master 3 Sundering Mace : CC applied lasts longer (15%). CC applied by mace skills have double duration (30%). Mace skills gain reduced recharge (20%).

Minor Grandmaster Spiked Armor : Gain Retaliation when you block or are struck by a critical hit (5s). Retaliation gives you damage reduction (10%).

Major Grandmaster 1 Last Stand : Become immune to critical hits (4 sec) when CC'd (30 sec ICD). Stances grant Vigor and Retaliation upon activation (5 sec) and have increased durations (+2 sec).

Major Grandmaster 2 Relentless Assault : Gain adrenaline when hit (+1). Gain stability for every bar of adrenaline spent (T1 Burst = 1 stability for 1s, T2 Burst = 2 stability for 2s, T3 Burst = 3 stability for 3s). Landing a successful Burst removes a condition per adrenaline bar spent.

Major Grandmaster 3 Rousing Resilience : Gain toughness (up to 1,000) (4s) and health (500) when you break out of a stun. Periodically gain stacks of adrenal health after the initial heal (1st stack after 2s, 2nd stack after 3s, 3rd stack after 4s).

@"Grand Marshal.4098" said:Reworked Defense

Minor Adept Thick Skin : Reduce incoming damage (5%).

Awesome stuff.

Major Adept 1 Defense Expert : Blocks count as reflects. Shield skills gain reduced recharge (20%). Gain pulsing adrenaline (7 adrenaline per 1s interval for 2s) after a successful reflect (skills that can reflect include: Shield Stance, Mace Counterblow, Sword Riposte, Shattering Blow) (7s ICD).

Scrub the rider on only a few skills reflecting. It would probably have to be a 12s CD. Projectile destruction would count as a block or thus reflect or no?Major Adept 2 Dogged March : Reduce the duration of movement-impeding conditions (66%) and gain a stack of Adrenal Health when affected by such conditions (12s ICD)So one adrenaline every 12s?Major Adept 3 Cull the Weak : Critical hits have a chance of inflicting weakness (66%) (3s). Increased outgoing damage to weakened foes (7%) (5s ICD)Love it.Minor Master Adrenal Health : Gain health (1,490) based on adrenaline spent (max of 3 stacks). Once at max stacks, gain Barrier equal to 10% of your max health.This is a cool idea. So instead of overriding the previous duration, once you get 3 stacks you instead get 2k-4k barrier.Major Master 1 Defy Pain : Gain Protection (5s) when struck below the health threshold (50%). Gain Retaliation for the same amount (5s) (20s ICD).:+1:Major Master 2 Armored Attack : Gain Power based on a percentage of Toughness (10%). Gain Retaliation (4s) when you inflict weakness on a foe. Gaining Retaliation grants you might (3 stacks for 5s).:+1:Major Master 3 Sundering Mace : CC applied by mace skills last longer (20%). Mace skills gain reduced recharge (20%).Current flavor. Maybe pull a forceful greatsword and have it be a general cc duration increase that is doubled for mace skills?Minor Grandmaster Spiked Armor : Gain Retaliation when you block or are struck by a critical hit (5s). Retaliation gives you damage reduction (10%).

Major Grandmaster 1 Last Stand : Break stuns and become immune to critical hits (4 sec) when CC'd (global 30 sec ICD). Gain a Stability (1.5 sec) stack for each bar of adrenaline spent (for 4 sec) (A). Stances grant Vigor and Retaliation upon activation (5 sec) and have increased durations (+2 sec)(B).That's a lot. Won't happen, especially with the stun break.

Keep the vigor, retaliation, stance duration increase. Keep the immunity to critical for 4s on the 30s cd, but lose the stun break and stab on adrenaline spent.

I like gaining stab based on adrenaline spent, but it's overloaded here.

Major Grandmaster 2 Clenasing Ire : Gain adrenaline when hit (+2). Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent.

Major Grandmaster 3 Rousing Resilience : Gain toughness (up to 1,000) (4s) and health (1,000) when you break out of a stun.

Maybe put the stab on adrenaline spent here.(A)Each bar spent grants 1 stack of stability for 1.5 sec, meaning that you can stack 3 stability for 4.5 sec with a tier 3 adrenaline consumption. Window for landing consuming adrenaline is 4 seconds.(B)Playing with the idea of an additional feature in "reduced CD for Stance skills".

Reworked Defense

Minor Adept
Thick Skin
: Reduce incoming damage (5%).

Awesome stuff.

Major Adept 1
Defense Expert
: Blocks count as reflects. Shield skills gain reduced recharge (20%). Gain pulsing adrenaline (7 adrenaline per 1s interval for 2s) after a successful reflect (skills that can reflect include: Shield Stance, Mace Counterblow, Sword Riposte, Shattering Blow) (7s ICD).

Scrub the rider on only a few skills reflecting. It would probably have to be a 12s CD. Projectile destruction would count as a block or thus reflect or no?As in out of all those skills only some reflecting? Also I am definitely forgetting where we got projectile hate. Full Counter only evades right?
Major Adept 2
Dogged March
: Reduce the duration of movement-impeding conditions (66%) and gain a stack of Adrenal Health when affected by such conditions (12s ICD)So one adrenaline every 12s?Current CD was 10s I think. Since the condi reduction rate doubled and we added the much more potent Adrenal Health over Regen, I just increased CD with not much in mind. When you suggested adrenal health, you meant that we would build the adrenaline needed for it instead?
Major Adept 3
Cull the Weak
: Critical hits have a chance of inflicting weakness (66%) (3s). Increased outgoing damage to weakened foes (7%) (5s ICD)Love it.
Minor Master
Adrenal Health
: Gain health (1,490) based on adrenaline spent (max of 3 stacks). Once at max stacks, gain Barrier equal to 10% of your max health.This is a cool idea. So instead of overriding the previous duration, once you get 3 stacks you instead get 2k-4k barrier.Sounded reasonable. We get a lot of bursts if we time our strikes correctly so we should enjoy a bit more than some flat heals that won't be of much use at some point. Core Warriors would get a lot from this especially. Also better to have the barrier built-in instead of a trait. Same idea we had on Berserk Mode activation and F2 (exit mode) giving flat barrier too.
Major Master 1
Defy Pain
: Gain Protection (5s) when struck below the health threshold (50%). Gain Retaliation for the same amount (5s) (20s ICD).:+1:
Major Master 2
Armored Attack
: Gain Power based on a percentage of Toughness (10%). Gain Retaliation (4s) when you inflict weakness on a foe. Gaining Retaliation grants you might (3 stacks for 5s).:+1:
Major Master 3
Sundering Mace
: CC applied by mace skills last longer (20%). Mace skills gain reduced recharge (20%).Current flavor. Maybe pull a forceful greatsword and have it be a general cc duration increase that is doubled for mace skills?I always thought that this trait would be great if it was a generl increase in CC duration! So I'm in!
Minor Grandmaster
Spiked Armor
: Gain Retaliation when you block or are struck by a critical hit (5s). Retaliation gives you damage reduction (10%).

Major Grandmaster 1
Last Stand
: Break stuns and become immune to critical hits (4 sec) when CC'd (global 30 sec ICD). Gain a Stability (1.5 sec) stack for each bar of adrenaline spent (for 4 sec) (A). Stances grant Vigor and Retaliation upon activation (5 sec) and have increased durations (+2 sec)(B).That's a lot. Won't happen, especially with the stun break.

Keep the vigor, retaliation, stance duration increase. Keep the immunity to critical for 4s on the 30s cd, but lose the stun break and stab on adrenaline spent.

I like gaining stab based on adrenaline spent, but it's overloaded here.Yeah, it was kinda of a brainstorming part . I put every GM worthy idea there to try and figure out where to place what. So aside from the boons , do we keep the stunbreak or do we remain with just the critical hit immunity?

Major Grandmaster 2
Cleansing Ire
: Gain adrenaline when hit (+2). Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent.

Major Grandmaster 3
Rousing Resilience
: Gain toughness (up to 1,000) (4s) and health (1,000) when you break out of a stun.

Maybe put the stab on adrenaline spent here.It definitely suits Cleansing Ire. As in you get a bonus on consuming adrenaline (stab), but if you land a clear hit, you also remove a condition.

Finally, do you think RR could use the regen from the current Dogged March? Sounds like it would tie nicely. Some regen after a solid 1k heal to keep you going after you lose your toughness boost.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Reworked Defense

Minor Adept
Thick Skin

Awesome stuff.

Major Adept 1
Defense Expert
: Blocks count as reflects. Shield skills gain reduced recharge (20%). Gain pulsing adrenaline (7 adrenaline per 1s interval for 2s) after a successful reflect (skills that can reflect include: Shield Stance, Mace Counterblow, Sword Riposte, Shattering Blow) (7s ICD).

Scrub the rider on only a few skills reflecting. It would probably have to be a 12s CD. Projectile destruction would count as a block or thus reflect or no?As in out of all those skills only some reflecting? Also I am definitely forgetting where we got projectile hate. Full Counter only evades right?

Well Winds destroys projectiles, and projectile destruction is weird since, based on the game mechanics, is a 'block' but doesn't trigger on block effects. Hence my question. Also, no since in calling out specific skills unless you want to bar future especs from using it with their e-spec related skills.

Major Adept 2
Dogged March
: Reduce the duration of movement-impeding conditions (66%) and gain a stack of Adrenal Health when affected by such conditions (12s ICD)So one adrenaline every 12s?Current CD was 10s I think. Since the condi reduction rate doubled and we added the much more potent Adrenal Health over Regen, I just increased CD with not much in mind. When you suggested adrenal health, you meant that we would build the adrenaline needed for it instead?
Major Adept 3
Cull the Weak
: Critical hits have a chance of inflicting weakness (66%) (3s). Increased outgoing damage to weakened foes (7%) (5s ICD)Love it.
Minor Master
Adrenal Health
: Gain health (1,490) based on adrenaline spent (max of 3 stacks). Once at max stacks, gain Barrier equal to 10% of your max health.This is a cool idea. So instead of overriding the previous duration, once you get 3 stacks you instead get 2k-4k barrier.Sounded reasonable. We get a lot of bursts if we time our strikes correctly so we should enjoy a bit more than some flat heals that won't be of much use at some point. Core Warriors would get a lot from this especially. Also better to have the barrier built-in instead of a trait. Same idea we had on Berserk Mode activation and F2 (exit mode) giving flat barrier too.
Major Master 1
Defy Pain
: Gain Protection (5s) when struck below the health threshold (50%). Gain Retaliation for the same amount (5s) (20s ICD).:+1:
Major Master 2
Armored Attack
: Gain Power based on a percentage of Toughness (10%). Gain Retaliation (4s) when you inflict weakness on a foe. Gaining Retaliation grants you might (3 stacks for 5s).:+1:
Major Master 3
Sundering Mace
: CC applied by mace skills last longer (20%). Mace skills gain reduced recharge (20%).Current flavor. Maybe pull a forceful greatsword and have it be a general cc duration increase that is doubled for mace skills?I always thought that this trait would be great if it was a generl increase in CC duration! So I'm in!

Not sure if it should be 20% increase in general and 40% for mace though, but a 10% increase would be nothing. Still, maybe a 15%/30% would work.

Minor Grandmaster
Spiked Armor
: Gain Retaliation when you block or are struck by a critical hit (5s). Retaliation gives you damage reduction (10%).

Major Grandmaster 1
Last Stand
: Break stuns and become immune to critical hits (4 sec) when CC'd (global 30 sec ICD). Gain a Stability (1.5 sec) stack for each bar of adrenaline spent (for 4 sec) (A). Stances grant Vigor and Retaliation upon activation (5 sec) and have increased durations (+2 sec)(B).That's a lot. Won't happen, especially with the stun break.

I like gaining stab based on adrenaline spent, but it's overloaded here.Yeah, it was kinda of a brainstorming part . I put every GM worthy idea there to try and figure out where to place what. So aside from the boons , do we keep the stunbreak or do we remain with just the critical hit immunity?Anet has shown that with the current balance team that auto stunbreaks are a great way to get a 300s CD on a trait.

Major Grandmaster 2
Cleansing Ire
: Gain adrenaline when hit (+2). Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent.

Major Grandmaster 3
Rousing Resilience
: Gain toughness (up to 1,000) (4s) and health (1,000) when you break out of a stun.

Maybe put the stab on adrenaline spent here.It definitely suits Cleansing Ire. As in you get a bonus on consuming adrenaline (stab), but if you land a clear hit, you also remove a condition.

Finally, do you think RR could use the regen from the current Dogged March? Sounds like it would tie nicely. Some regen after a solid 1k heal to keep you going after you lose your toughness boost.

I mean, if we're reworking Defense, then Adrenal Health and Spiked Armor are essentially the traitline mechanics and adding in ways to upkeep them better makes sense. Changing the burst heal of RR to a pulsing heal, but for a little bit more sounds reasonable. Particularly if Adrenal Health is being changed to grant barrier at max stacks when you gain stacks over the cap.

Reworked Defense

Minor Adept
Thick Skin

Awesome stuff.

Major Adept 1
Defense Expert

Well Winds destroys projectiles, and projectile destruction is weird since, based on the game mechanics, is a 'block' but doesn't trigger on block effects. Hence my question. Also, no since in calling out specific skills unless you want to bar future especs from using it with their e-spec related skills.I read you. I say WoD is included. Firebrands already have a reflect bubble, makes sense for a traited WoD to do an extra thing. Pulsing adrenaline has a CD so aside from reflecting, no other big advantage here.

Major Adept 2
Dogged March
Major Adept 3
Cull the Weak
Minor Master
Adrenal Health
Major Master 1
Defy Pain
Major Master 2
Armored Attack
Major Master 3
Sundering Mace

Not sure if it should be 20% increase in general and 40% for mace though, but a 10% increase would be nothing. Still, maybe a 15%/30% would work.yup, 15%/30% makes sense. Since the sigil of paralyzation increases stun duration by 30%. We wouldn't want to surpass that benchmark.

Minor Grandmaster
Spiked Armor

Major Grandmaster 1
Last Stand

I like gaining stab based on adrenaline spent, but it's overloaded here.Yeah, it was kinda of a brainstorming part . I put every GM worthy idea there to try and figure out where to place what. So aside from the boons , do we keep the stunbreak or do we remain with just the critical hit immunity?Anet has shown that with the current balance team that auto stunbreaks are a great way to get a 300s CD on a trait.Agreed. Ig it's better to get stuff like "reduced dmg when stunned" as other classes instead of stun break autos.

Major Grandmaster 2
Cleansing Ire

Major Grandmaster 3
Rousing Resilience

I mean, if we're reworking Defense, then Adrenal Health and Spiked Armor are essentially the traitline mechanics and adding in ways to upkeep them better makes sense. Changing the burst heal of RR to a pulsing heal, but for a little bit more sounds reasonable. Particularly if Adrenal Health is being changed to grant barrier at max stacks when you gain stacks over the cap.I got you

Ill update the post.

Edit: updated the initial post. I gave RR the adrenal health stacks, which basically paves the way for a warrior to use a burst after RR to make use of the barrier mechanic. Just give me an idea on if the stability on CI is correctly implemented and doesnt feel op. I toned down the duration and im thinking of an ICD. I can see it becoming more potent with full counter refreshing bursts, but at the same time, less stab gain potential since T1 bursts.

I really think Hundred Blades needs be changed to a version of Impossible Odds/One Wolf Pack, and not a specific, rooting attack with limited AoE.Your next 8 successful greatsword attacks strike an additional time after a small delay. Each strike generates adrenaline as normal. This effect can occur once per interval. 8s cooldown, no activation.Damage: 0.6 Power (in PvE; 0.5 in Competitive)Number of Targets: 3Interval: 0.25Delay: 0.25Range: 130

I like how you differentiated the rifle and longbow into power shotgun and condi siege weapons.

@The Boz.2038 said:I really think Hundred Blades needs be changed to a version of Impossible Odds/One Wolf Pack, and not a specific, rooting attack with limited AoE.So the GW1 version.Your next 8 successful greatsword attacks strike an additional time after a small delay. Each strike generates adrenaline as normal. This effect can occur once per interval. 8s cooldown, no activation.Damage: 0.6 Power (in PvE; 0.5 in Competitive)Number of Targets: 3Interval: 0.25Delay: 0.25Range: 130I assume this hits up to three targets in an AoE around the warrior? Why not make it 5 targets then? Would be very good against mesmers and zoo necros.I like how you differentiated the rifle and longbow into power shotgun and condi siege weapons.

Tyvm. I was surprised that there was such a desire to turn rifle into a power shotgun.

@"The Boz.2038" said:Yes, the GW1 version of the skill was my guiding light.The three targets are in the "front cone" of whatever the warrior's attacking. Not five, as all non-burst GS skills are 3 targets max, including original HB. Didn't want to introduce "more" into it.

I see. It would be better as an AoE like the GW1 version rather than a frontal cone. That would function better with WWA for example.

To pick through it some more:

Your next 8 successful greatsword attacks strike an additional time after a small delay. Each strike generates adrenaline as normal. This effect can occur once per interval. 8s cooldown, no activation.Damage: 0.6 Power (in PvE; 0.5 in Competitive)Number of Targets: 3 5Interval: 0.25Delay: 0.25Range: 130

The next 8 strikes and the interval somewhat conflict with each other. It would have to be either for the next 4s your next 8 strikes with no interval (the delay should be fine), or for the next 4s your strike an additional time after a delay. The later would function exactly like OWP while the former would function more like stacks of unblockable.