Warrior Balance Requests Omnibus

Lan Deathrider.5910

4 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Basically.  The skill stays essentially the same (block until attacked in melee range), but then the counter attack hits everyone around the player instead of the single enemy who attacked.  Does that make sense?

That is something that has been suggested for Rip. Not sure if it would be good for it to be on both skills tbh, though it is a good suggestion.

Alternative thought on healing option for Arms:

Rework Furious:

Still has stacking +10 condition dmg on critical hit

Remove +1 adrenaline on critical hit

Add 7% critical dmg to healing  OR the 10% dmg to healing while under Fury

Losing the extra adrenaline sucks, so this would sort of be a Nerf-Buff (Nuff?  Berf?).  But would promote condi/hybrid builds by attaching the healing to Furious.  And would thematic sense--Furious is all about getting stronger and stronger the more you get into battle, pushing through pain/healing your wounds through dmg would be consistent here. 

On a different note, out of the box idea for SB:

So Anet has stated in their recent patch notes that they wanted to increase SB dmg output, hence the rework of attacker's insight.  This is a nice start, but I doubt it will make much of a difference, esp since they nerfed the power/ferocity components in pvp.  The bonus +10%dmg from mainhand dagger is almost meaningless in pvp since there is almost zero time an opponent is without boons, even with aggressive boonrip.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a particularly good way to play a Condi/Hybrid SB at the moment.  (I'd love to know if someone's put together a viable build--please do share!).

So what about this:

Re-work Loss Aversion so that you inflict one stack of burning for 2 seconds for each boon removed.  Thus, Breaching strike could get a significant dmg bump by inflicting up to 3 stacks of burning;  Break Enchantments would suddenly be useful again (removing up to 4 boons from multiple targets in sPVP); and you might even see some Winds of Disenchantment in sPVP in battles over a node to light the whole enemy team on fire.

You could call the new trait "Searing Loss" if you want.

I doubt it would be enough to make a pure Condi SB out of, but would definitely open up some playstyle options. 

9 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

On a different note, out of the box idea for SB:

So Anet has stated in their recent patch notes that they wanted to increase SB dmg output, hence the rework of attacker's insight.  This is a nice start, but I doubt it will make much of a difference, esp since they nerfed the power/ferocity components in pvp.  The bonus +10%dmg from mainhand dagger is almost meaningless in pvp since there is almost zero time an opponent is without boons, even with aggressive boonrip.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a particularly good way to play a Condi/Hybrid SB at the moment.  (I'd love to know if someone's put together a viable build--please do share!).

So what about this:

Re-work Loss Aversion so that you inflict one stack of burning for 2 seconds for each boon removed.  Thus, Breaching strike could get a significant dmg bump by inflicting up to 3 stacks of burning;  Break Enchantments would suddenly be useful again (removing up to 4 boons from multiple targets in sPVP); and you might even see some Winds of Disenchantment in sPVP in battles over a node to light the whole enemy team on fire.

You could call the new trait "Searing Loss" if you want.

I doubt it would be enough to make a pure Condi SB out of, but would definitely open up some playstyle options. 

If you want to try a condibreaker, then there are ways to do it, they just aren't that good, mostly due to Attacker's Insight buffing non condi traits. You can manage something passable with Revenge counter, slow counter, no escape, and the current body blow along with sword and longbow. It won't be stellar though. What spellbreaker needs now is for the balance team to undo some dumb splits.

1 minute ago, TheBravery.9615 said:

Should I copy and past my suggestions over here?

The purpose of this thread is not just to post wishlist items, but post why something in fact does not work or is not balanced properly and what a balanced fix would be. If some of your stuff meets that criteria, then bring it over, although some of your items are more of the wishlist variety. Which is fine, I'd just prefer those to stay in their own threads and is why you still see me post stand alone things outside of this thread.

On 5/16/2021 at 2:57 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The purpose of this thread is not just to post wishlist items, but post why something in fact does not work or is not balanced properly and what a balanced fix would be. If some of your stuff meets that criteria, then bring it over, although some of your items are more of the wishlist variety. Which is fine, I'd just prefer those to stay in their own threads and is why you still see me post stand alone things outside of this thread.

Ah, thanks for the reminder.  A lot of my previous comments were more in the "wish-list" category.  My apologies.

What Warrior really NEEDS with a capital "N" is more access to the new Resolution boon.  In short, anything that formerly gave Resistance should either give Resolution in lieu of Resistance or Resolution in addition to Resistance.  This not only confers Warrior at least some defense against the pervasive condi-spam of the current meta, but it also synergizes powerfully with Hardened Armor of the Defense trait line which grants 10% dmg reduction when under the influence of Resolution.  Thus, increasing Warrior's access to Resolution indirectly buffs Defense, which in turn makes numerous Core, Berserker, and SB builds more viable.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Ah, thanks for the reminder.  A lot of my previous comments were more in the "wish-list" category.  My apologies.

What Warrior really NEEDS with a capital "N" is more access to the new Resolution boon.  In short, anything that formerly gave Resistance should either give Resolution in lieu of Resistance or Resolution in addition to Resistance.  This not only confers Warrior at least some defense against the pervasive condi-spam of the current meta, but it also synergizes powerfully with Hardened Armor of the Defense trait line which grants 10% dmg reduction when under the influence of Resolution.  Thus, increasing Warrior's access to Resolution indirectly buffs Defense, which in turn makes numerous Core, Berserker, and SB builds more viable.  

Here is some food for thought on condi with what we currently have. WvW.

Run celestial, run runes of the stars. Run Defense all mid. Run condition duration reduction food.

You'll have 93% reduction of cripple and chill, which means .07s max duration with the current condi duration caps. You'll also have 60% reduction in weakness, and 63% reduction in immobilize, and 33% reduction in other condition durations.

You'll also have 10% condition damage reduction and another 33% reduction with a 50% uptime (more if you let the NPCs hit you).

Take Strength. Dodge into enemies before bursts. Cleansing Ire will help keep you clear of condis that hurt.

Edit: I should point out that my reference to celestial is because you end up with about 2.9k toughness, about 26k up, 200% crit damage, 50% crit chance with fury, over 3k power after might and traits, about 40% condi and boon duration depending on you utilities and sigils load out.

All around solid chassis that deals decent damage, has decent hp, and solid toughness. The rune and trait choices gives solid condi defenses. You won't be one shotting anyone though. You will outlast them, and when their last dodge is used and their heal is on CD you swap to rifle for the pocket kill shot which will still hit for 7k.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Late post-patch Ideas on Meditations and Rage Skills:

Meditations

Merge Guard Counter with Revenge Counter into Perfect Counter (merge of the current 2 skills, less Protection uptime). In place of Guard Counter add Tranquility: "Meditation skills grant Regenaration on use (2s) and have reduced recharge (10%).

1) Featherfoot Grace: "Break stuns and gain Superspeed (5 sec). A percentage of all incoming dmg (25%, 1s ICD) is reflected back at foes near you (500 radius). Does not trigger stun effects on oneself (Shocking Aura).

OR

"Break stuns and gain Superspeed (5 sec). Gain Barrier equal to 10% of your vitality (5s).

2) Sight-Beyond-Sight: "Reveal nearby foes. Increased critical strike chance (50%, 5s) OR increased critical strike dmg (+5% Ferocity, 5s)  for a duration . Gain Resistance (2.5s), and Remove Blind. Cast time 3/4s, 2 charges.

3) Imminent Threat: "Gain Resolution (5s) and Adrenaline (5). Reduce the recharge of Full Counter on use (10%). If Full Counter is available, Taunt foes (3s). Cast time 3/4s.

4) Winds of Disenchantment & Break Enchantments: Dmg (BE) and strip buff (both skills) in competetive.

Rage Skills

Last Blaze rework into Indomitable Will: "Rage skills grant Protection on use (3s) and extend Berserk Mode (3s each)"

1) Outrage: "Break stuns and cleanse conditions (2). If used while in Berserk Mode, extend it's duration (5s baseline, 8s when traited) and cleanse additional conditions (3).

2) Shattering Blow: "Block attacks with a rock guard in a cone in front of you (2s, 90 degree angle). Using the guard for it's full blocking duration shatters the guard and inflicts dmg and bleeding on nearby foes (current values). You can end the blocking stance by using the flipover skill for additional effects (same dmg, 5 bleed, 1 burn, 4s). On cast flipover skill stability (2 stacks, 1.5s).

3) Wild Grapple (Wild Blow rework): "Propell yourself and grab an enemy (400 range, 400 radius). Then throw the enemy backward, knocking back foes (current numbers). Gain Fury (5s) and make your next attack unblockable with an improved critical strike chance (Fury procs regardless of successfully grabbing a foe. Next attack unblockable (4s) procs after successfully throwing an enemy and increased crit chance after successfully knocking back another foe). TLDR: you will always get the crit chance boost unless blinded or the enemy behind the launched foe evades them.

4) Sundering Leap & Headbutt: Range increase (900 SL, 450 HB), attack speed increase (HB 25%). HB will now strip the enemy stability instead of all the warrior's own and deal increased dmg if stability was stripped. Also strips 1 additional boon.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

10 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Last Blaze rework into Intomitable Will: "Rage skills grant Protection on use (3s) and extend Berserk Mode (3s each)"

That effect is quite similar to Smash Brawler, with the difference that this is much better if the build runs Rage skills. I don't think major slots should have two traits which are basically the same. I like the effect though, maybe replace current Smash Brawler with this?

25 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

That effect is quite similar to Smash Brawler, with the difference that this is much better if the build runs Rage skills. I don't think major slots should have two traits which are basically the same. I like the effect though, maybe replace current Smash Brawler with this?

Yeah more or less it's a replacement. 

I see burn on rage skills as quite irrelevant even for condi builds (given the range capabilities of Rage skills) so this would benefit a build using rage skills, as well as improve non-Berserk Mode, Berserker game play. 

As for Smash Brawler as a trait, probably something affiliated with might (extra cond dmg per might to make up for Strength's extra power per Might) could be of use. Frankly I'm not sure. The ideas mostly revolve around better skill effects for both specs and at least 1 skill trait as opposed to none. We get something for our espec weapons, so something for our new utilities makes the most sense following ideas from Core. 

What replaces what, is a long discussion on how the skill trees can be reworked tho.... 

13 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Late post-patch Ideas on Meditations and Rage Skills:

Meditations

Merge Guard Counter with Revenge Counter into Perfect Counter (merge of the current 2 skills, less Protection uptime). In place of Guard Counter add Tranquility: "Meditation skills grant Regenaration on use (2s) and have reduced recharge (10%).

Cool. Since we all want a Meditation trait it makes sense to merge Perfect and Revenge into one Counter trait. That said be more ballsy. Make it 5s of regeneration, 2s is nothing. This isn't quickness we're talking about here.

1) Featherfoot Grace: "Break stuns and gain Superspeed (5 sec). A percentage of all incoming dmg (25%, 1s ICD) is reflected back at foes near you (500 radius). Does not trigger stun effects on oneself (Shocking Aura).

OR

"Break stuns and gain Superspeed (5 sec). Gain Barrier equal to 10% of your vitality (5s).

The second choice would be less toxic gameplay. Make it a flat barrier gain of 3k.

2) Sight-Beyond-Sight: "Reveal nearby foes. Increased critical strike chance (50%, 5s) OR increased critical strike dmg (+5% Ferocity, 5s)  for a duration . Gain Resistance (2.5s), and Remove Blind. Cast time 3/4s, 2 charges.

First choice, but 25% chance, 50% is too much, especially if you are gaining Resistance and removing blind.

3) Imminent Threat: "Gain Resolution (5s) and Adrenaline (5). Reduce the recharge of Full Counter on use (10%). If Full Counter is available, Taunt foes (3s). Cast time 3/4s.

You're complicating utility skills when you don't need to. "Gain Resolution (3s) and Adrenaline (3). Taunt nearby foes (3s). Gain extra Resolution (1s) and Adrenaline (1) per foe taunted. If you taunt a foe, recharge Full Counter. Cast time 3/4s. 

4) Winds of Disenchantment & Break Enchantments: Dmg (BE) and strip buff (both skills) in competetive.

Are you saying to increase the damage on these two skills in competitive?

Rage Skills

Last Blaze rework into Indomitable Will: "Rage skills grant Protection on use (3s) and extend Berserk Mode (3s each)"

This would be more fitting on Savage Instinct, or as a complete replacement on Smash Brawler. Last Blaze really just needs more burning and a CD reduction.

What would work I think is for each trait in the tier to affect Rage Skills.

Smash Brawler: Rage Skills extend Berserk Mode on use (3s). Berserk Mode last 5s longer.

Last Blaze: Current trait, but add 1 extra burn stack to it.

Savage Instinct: Berserk Mode breaks stuns and grates Feel No Pain for 2s. Rage skills grant 3s of protection on use.

1) Outrage: "Break stuns and cleanse conditions (2). If used while in Berserk Mode, extend it's duration (5s baseline, 8s when traited) and cleanse additional conditions (3).

2) Shattering Blow: "Block attacks with a rock guard in a cone in front of you (2s, 90 degree angle). Using the guard for it's full blocking duration shatters the guard and inflicts dmg and bleeding on nearby foes (current values). You can end the blocking stance by using the flipover skill for additional effects (same dmg, 5 bleed, 1 burn, 4s). On cast flipover skill stability (2 stacks, 1.5s).

Love both those changes. They aren't out of left field and they address some of Berserker's weaknesses.

3) Wild Grapple (Wild Blow rework): "Propell yourself and grab an enemy (400 range, 400 radius). Then throw the enemy backward, knocking back foes (current numbers). Gain Fury (5s) and make your next attack unblockable with an improved critical strike chance (Fury procs regardless of successfully grabbing a foe. Next attack unblockable (4s) procs after successfully throwing an enemy and increased crit chance after successfully knocking back another foe). TLDR: you will always get the crit chance boost unless blinded or the enemy behind the launched foe evades them.

Don't like this on personally. Wild Blow needs a quicker cast time and an exception to the hArD CcS DeAl nO dAmAgE rule. Either that or just remove all the CCs from it. Make it a 100% crit chance strike that ignores blind, and beef it up by making it give an extra 100% critical damage, cleaves up to 3 targets, grants 2s of fury per target struck.

4) Sundering Leap & Headbutt: Range increase (900 SL, 450 HB), attack speed increase (HB 25%). HB will now strip the enemy stability instead of all the warrior's own and deal increased dmg if stability was stripped. Also strips 1 additional boon.

YES and YES. Sundering Leap is WAY too small of a leap distance to be useful. Headbutt can use a quicker cast, as some people seem to have trouble connecting with it. Since the Hard CC nerf the skill has made 0 sense. Just so I think we are all clear here: this would strip Stability before the CC connects correct? So it would be a guaranteed 3s stun if it hits, and if stability is removed it would deal some amount of damage, like 5k? 

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Cool. Since we all want a Meditation trait it makes sense to merge Perfect and Revenge into one Counter trait. That said be more ballsy. Make it 5s of regeneration, 2s is nothing. This isn't quickness we're talking about here.

The second choice would be less toxic gameplay. Make it a flat barrier gain of 3k.

Agreed on the barrier and the regen. I just didn't want too much regen (lesser to the cantrips on ele tbh) to not overlap a lot with Dogged March. 

First choice, but 25% chance, 50% is too much, especially if you are gaining Resistance and removing blind.

You're complicating utility skills when you don't need to. "Gain Resolution (3s) and Adrenaline (3). Taunt nearby foes (3s). Gain extra Resolution (1s) and Adrenaline (1) per foe taunted. If you taunt a foe, recharge Full Counter. Cast time 3/4s. 

I understand 25% chance. Imminent threat I wanted to somehow make viable without asking for a stun break. And I though"why taunt if you don't have FC available?", that's why the idea on extra adrenaline and the recharge. It's just the execution that matters in the end. 

Are you saying to increase the damage on these two skills in competitive?

This would be more fitting on Savage Instinct, or as a complete replacement on Smash Brawler. Last Blaze really just needs more burning and a CD reduction.

Dmg buff in competitive for Break Enchantments, as well as an additional boonstrip. WoD just the plain old increase in boonstrip per pulse, if not an increase per targets. 

What would work I think is for each trait in the tier to affect Rage Skills.

Smash Brawler: Rage Skills extend Berserk Mode on use (3s). Berserk Mode last 5s longer.

Last Blaze: Current trait, but add 1 extra burn stack to it.

Savage Instinct: Berserk Mode breaks stuns and grates Feel No Pain for 2s. Rage skills grant 3s of protection on use.

Yup totally doable. As for FNP and Burst of Aggression, I suppose the general consensus is to do something with either on primal Bursts as a Major Master or GM? Since we touch upon 1 of the 3 skill trees for Zerker. 

Love both those changes. They aren't out of left field and they address some of Berserker's weaknesses.

🙏

Don't like this on personally. Wild Blow needs a quicker cast time and an exception to the hArD CcS DeAl nO dAmAgE rule. Either that or just remove all the CCs from it. Make it a 100% crit chance strike that ignores blind, and beef it up by making it give an extra 100% critical damage, cleaves up to 3 targets, grants 2s of fury per target struck.

Original idea with Wild blow was to give it a bit less rng to deliver the strike in an open environment a.k.a WvW, by giving it a small rush similar to current Headbutt, to properly position the warrior in front of the victim. Rest would play out the same way. I like the 2 modifiers you mention if it retained the dmg. More simple. Perhaps we could amp the Fury a bit and have it proc on skill cast instead. Although we got plenty of Fury access ig already. 

YES and YES. Sundering Leap is WAY too small of a leap distance to be useful. Headbutt can use a quicker cast, as some people seem to have trouble connecting with it. Since the Hard CC nerf the skill has made 0 sense. Just so I think we are all clear here: this would strip Stability before the CC connects correct? So it would be a guaranteed 3s stun if it hits, and if stability is removed it would deal some amount of damage, like 5k? 

Yeah, I had that in mind. Stab gets stripped first on us rn anyway, so swapping the priority to stripping the enemy stab would be very good. Additional dmg can be whatever, affected by crit ofc. And to make it a bit more flavourful I added 1 extra strip (may be resistance, aegis, regen, protection etc). I like the idea of boonstrip on Headbutt. Counterplay with this suggestion includes: Blind, evasion, blocking (unless the Warr has unblockables stacks). 

A lot of interesting ideas were presented already but I would like to share my own ideas for PvE as well with the appropriate reasoning of course (some might be biased on given ideas by others which I liked and modified a bit):

Note: I ignore everything related to Spellbreaker since it's just not functioning well in PvE content (bad utility, worst damage of all elite specs while providing nothing). Also I focus weapons and traitlines (for now). Have fun.

Longbow:

Skill 1: Make the burning base line. Increase the projectile speed by 10-20%. Skill 1 in general is very weak and in ranged combat too slow (on moving characters). This should help both problems a little.

Skill 2: Reduce the spread to 15°, keep the rest the way it is. Again, the missing of the additional arrows is a big problem in ranged combat and was already mentioned by other people.

Skill 3: Remove this skill. The animation is slow and the arrow is even slower, even worse than skill 1 and 2. Put Pin Down in this slot. Reduce the cast time to 1/2 seconds at least.

Skill 4: This skill now deals a pulsing AoE on impact which inflicts blind (Radius at impact: 240, Duration: 5 seconds, 2 seconds blind every 1 second, so 10 seconds in total), damage remains unchanged. This is a needed QoL, since even with the new ammo system this skill is underperfoming and does a bad job when it comes to AoE blind, which is the intented use of this skill.

Skill 5: New Skill: Charged Shot. Shoots a charged arrow (1 second charge time) which leaves a burning trail on the ground (5 seconds) and deals physical damage and one stack of high damage burning (Damage and burn application every 1 second, 25 seconds CD). Maybe you guys figured out which skill I copied from PvE mobs. I think this fits better than another barrage like skill and functions well with pin down.

Sword:

Skill 1: Increase the bleeding stacks from 1 to 2 on the last AA in the chain. So far the chain is very... generic. Make it more potent for condi damage (which is the main focus of this weapon). Almost every AA chain has a strong/unique third attack.

Skill 2: In addition to its function it removes one condition out of the following: cripple, chill, slow, immobilize

Skill 3: Unchanged (maybe add 3 bleedings while above 50%, which deal 50% less damage than the stacks you apply when under 50%)

Skill 4 and 5: I do not use sword as offhand, but people already made good suggestions on these.

F1: Afflict 0,5 seconds of immobilize every hit. At the moment this burst is probably the worst because of the self root. 

Mace:

Skill 1: Increase the speed or the damage in the chain. See the existing ideas for reference.

Skill 2: Reduce the vulnerability on a succesful counter to 5 stacks and grant 5 stacks of might. This gives mace a bit of sustain with MMR.

Skill 3: Increase the daze to 2 seconds. Interrupting an action inflicts 5 seconds of weakness. Damage remains unchanged. At the moment this skill is just bad, since it deals no damage for 1 second daze.

Skill 4: Unchanged

Skill 5: Double the size of the shockwave.

Primal F1: Personally I think the bleed and confusion should be removed in favor for more damage and vulnerability (5 stacks). Its simply not a condition weapon.

Warhorn:

Skill 4: Change the buff to 5 seconds with 15% more damage instead of 2 attacks with 25%. I guess this one doesnt need further explanation. No one likes it.

Skill 5: Unchanged

Torch:

Skill 4: Remove the cripple and change it to an explo finisher. The tooltip literally says "creating a deadly shockwave" so that makes sense to me. Also it synergizes well with the fire field of skill 5.

Skill 5: In addition to its effects, you are immune to chill in its duration. A walking field of fire! Cant cool this stuff man.

Shield: Fun Fact: Go to wiki and compare the tooltip description and the effects with the skills of the other professions.

Skill 5: Gain might for every attack you block (1 stack of 8 seconds per attack). I mean its literally just "block attacks" at the moment. This gives War sustain with MMR.

Greatsword:

Skill 2: This skill can be used while moving now. Literally no one likes the way 100b works at the moment and it was discussed enough already.

The rest is good enough.

Hammer:

Primal F1: This skill is now a knockdown (2 seconds) instead of immobilize. Removed the daze. Gain might (2 stacks, 5 seconds duration) for each enemy hit and inflict weakness on them (5 seconds). Why is the most kitten looking burst so bad? You hit with your big kitten hammer on the ground and it's immibilizing foes, not knocking them on their butt? Come on... The might gain synergizes with the effect it does in general (large AoE) and the weakness is an alternative for skill 2 to increase the effect of skill 5.

The auto attack chain needs to be adjusted in damage or give it an AoE daze on third attack. At the moment you hit slow and like a wet noodle.

Skill 3 and 4 need love too, maybe some much needed vulnerability on both.

Rifle:

Where to start here... It was already discussed that the change to the AA was not good for adrenalin management.

The idea to refill your ammo with skill 5 may sound good in theory but its just bad in my opinion. You are forced to melee to use this effectively while playing a ranged weapon. Skill 2 simply doenst cut in the damage department and and its cast time is too slow in addition. Skill 4 is the worst skill you could hope to have.

The idea to  rework it to a shotgun like weapon is probably the only solution to fix this weapon. The OP did present some good ideas for that and Skill 3 is the first change in this direction.

Harpoon: 

Yep I'm doing this one (the "condi" weapon), even though underwater combat is just bad if you are not a scourge.

Skill 1: Make the bleed on this skill baseline, Instead of increasing the power damage on maximum range, increase the amount bleeding stacks instead (at 600 range 2, at 900 3, at 1200 4). My basic attack on a condi weapon should focus on condi damage, not power.

Skill 2, 3: Unchanged (for now)

Skill 4: Remove the evade. Inflict 2 stacks of torment (8 seconds) when hitting an immobilized foe (the immobilize of this skill also triggers the torment). No one wants an evade in ranged combat like this. The torment change synergizes with primal F1.

F1: Added 3/5/7 stacks of bleed stacks (8 seconds) depending on adrenalin spent at the cost of physical damage. Same reason like the auto attack.

Primal F1: Increase burning stacks from 1 to 2. Half the physical damage by 50% and add 2 stacks of torment (8 seconds) instead.

Strength Traitline:

Move Merciless Hammer to Body Blows. Add a new grandmaster trait instead. Maybe something like: While wielding a 2-handed weapon you get increased power and precision (150 each). Hitting an enemy has a 33% chance to grant you Fury, Swiftness and 3 stacks of might (5s each, 15 seconds ICD). The hammer trait has no value as grandmaster trait and you loose too much for taking it at the moment (sustain or more damage). The new grandmaster would buff 2 handed weapons, which lack in damage and flavor right now, and it's a safe alternative to berserker power. Also its the equivalent to dual wielding in arms.

Arms Traitline:

Signet Mastery: In addition increase the effect of equipment signets by 50%. Why? So Power has stronger options in the first row, which has its use for the whole fight, not just under 50%.

Opportunist: Grants 5 stacks of might instead of fury (8 seconds). Why? Because you already get fury from burst skills in this line.

Unsuspecting Foe: Increase the critical hit chance by 10% when attacking a crippled/slowed/chilled/immobilized foe instead of 50% on a cc'd foe. Why? Like this you have a realistic and natural crit chance increase, which is what warriors lack a lot.

Sundering Burst: Reduce the ICD in PvE to 3 seconds. This is merely QoL for berserker, who uses many bursts in a row. Not that important though. I read through different suggestions for this trait. Do NOT remove the vulnerability please. It's the only reliable source as a condition berserker.

Burst Precision: In addition to its effect each time you land a burst attack, gain increased 20% increased critical hit chance (5 seconds, duration stacks: max 10 seconds). Again another option for power focussed builds.

Dual Wielding: When using a offhand weapon skil which is the same as your main weapon, gain quickness (2s) and 3 stacks of might (8 seconds). Your offhand weapon skills are improved (to be decided, open for suggestions)

Tactics Traitline:

Leg Specialist: Change strike damage to all damage. This will make tactic more viable for condition builds. Why should only power builds profit from this traitline?

Marching Orders: Remove the ICD to max 5 seconds. The effects arent that good to begin with.

Soldiers Comfort: Increase the healing coefficient from 0.8 to 1.0

Shrug it Off: Increase the removed conditions from 1 to 2. Reduce the ICD to 15 seconds. Since you have no control over this effect, it should be adjusted in a way that you profit more from it.

Discipline Traitline:

Crack Shot: While wielding a longbow/harpoon gain 100 condition damage. While wielding a rifle all physical damage is increased by 10%. To be honest I hate the way this trait works. They just threw multiple traits together in this one (like burning arrows from tactics). I just changed this trait because I suggested base line effects on longbow and harpoon. Also the change to ALL damage on rifle is IMO necessary. A buff of 10% to just the AA is laughable. Might as well rework this completely.

Double Standards: Your Banners now effect 10 people and pulse swiftness.

Destruction of the empowered: Replace this trait with Enhanced Banners: Increases the effect of banners on warrior by 100%. Gain pulsing regeneration while under the effect of at least one banner (5 seconds, 10 seconds ICD). This change is mandatory to split bannerslave from a pure dps warrior in raids. Its really sad that both versions play the same traits (no matter if its condi or power).

Defense Traitline:

Thick Skin: Replace this with adrenaline health. Every time you fill an adrenalin bar (10 adrenalin) get 1 stack of adrenaline health (5 seconds ICD, duration and health unchanged). Gaining more than 1 bar at once will yield only 1 stack of adrenaline health. Since there was already a debate on how defense traits should proc, I changed in a way everyone should be happy. You have to engage to get the sustain but dont need to land a predictale burst skill. I deemed it necessary to limit the stacks you gain with for example headbutt, which fills all your adrenalin on hit, so its more balanced.

Shield master: Reduce the shield skills cooldowns by 20%. Gain 200 toughness while wielding a shield. Since might on block is already on the skill, might as well give some more defense profit to wield a shield.

Cull the weak: Change strike damage to all damage. Same reason like leg specialist in tactics.

Reliant Assault (old spot from adrenaline health, new trait): Gain protection and resolution on succesful burst attacks (3s each, no ICD)

Defy Pain: Gain protection, resolution and resistence (5s each, 20 seconds ICD) when struck below the health treshold (50%). These auto stance traits are unhealthy and uncontrolable. This is another source for much needed defensive boons.

Armored Attack: In addition get vitality on a percentage of toughness (15%). This is a needed buff just like the change to great fortitude in strength.

Hardened Armor: When struck by a critical hit or below the health treshold (75%) gain regeneration (5 seconds, 15 seconds ICD). While under the effect of regeneration receive less strike and condition damage (5% each). This is another needed improvement because warrior has absolutely no source of regeneration anymore. The thought behind this change is that you keep getting hit which makes you more sturdy and you heal from damage naturally faster (your armor/skin hardens)

Last stand: The duration of stances are increased (25%). When entering a stance gain swiftness and vigor (8 seconds). Gain stability (2 stacks for 5 seconds, 30 seconds ICD)  when struck by a cc. Again no auto stances anymore. I kept the stability as a neutral effect so this trait has value besides stances. Also because I don't know any better. 🙂 

Cleansing Ire: In addition to its effect loose 1 condition when filling an adrenaline bar. Gaining more than 1 bar at once will still only remove one condition. Removed the adrenalin on getting hit. Since its a grandmaster trait I added the change to adrenaline health on top. To balance the adrenalin gain just from defense, I removed the adrenalin gain on getting hit, so you just cant tank but have to actually hit stuff.

Rousing Resilience: Gain 500 toughness when struck by a cc (8 seconds, 20 seconds ICD). The health gain on stunbreak remains unchanged. This is just a QoL so you have value out of it even when you cant break the stun and so your chances of survival are higher. Since you get this basically for free, I halfed the amount of toughness you get.

Berserker Traitline:

There are 2 possibilities for a change of the core mechanic.

Either: Give us the option to switch berserk mode off and the leftover time is converted into adrenaline (1 second = 2 adrenalin, since its 15 seconds base duration) while the CD is reduced to at least 10 seconds (5 at most)

Or: Keep the way it is now and give us the option to use level 1 core bursts.

King of Fire: In addition to its effects, fire auras on the warrior burn enemies near them (1 stack of burn for 5 seconds every 2 seconds, radius: 180). This change is improving the generic function of this trait and it makes use of the fire auras you gain through critical hits when not running many berserker skills to detonate them with.

Good job you made it through my endless wall of text.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

A lot of interesting ideas were presented already but I would like to share my own ideas for PvE as well with the appropriate reasoning of course (some might be biased on given ideas by others which I liked and modified a bit):

Note: I ignore everything related to Spellbreaker since it's just not functioning well in PvE content (bad utility, worst damage of all elite specs while providing nothing). Also I focus weapons and traitlines (for now). Have fun.

Welcome! By god that wall of text...

Longbow:

Skill 1: Make the burning base line. Increase the projectile speed by 10-20%. Skill 1 in general is very weak and in ranged combat too slow (on moving characters). This should help both problems a little.

Skill 2: Reduce the spread to 15°, keep the rest the way it is. Again, the missing of the additional arrows is a big problem in ranged combat and was already mentioned by other people.

Skill 3: Remove this skill. The animation is slow and the arrow is even slower, even worse than skill 1 and 2. Put Pin Down in this slot. Reduce the cast time to 1/2 seconds at least.

Skill 4: This skill now deals a pulsing AoE on impact which inflicts blind (Radius at impact: 240, Duration: 5 seconds, 2 seconds blind every 1 second, so 10 seconds in total), damage remains unchanged. This is a needed QoL, since even with the new ammo system this skill is underperfoming and does a bad job when it comes to AoE blind, which is the intented use of this skill.

Skill 5: New Skill: Charged Shot. Shoots a charged arrow (1 second charge time) which leaves a burning trail on the ground (5 seconds) and deals physical damage and one stack of high damage burning (Damage and burn application every 1 second, 25 seconds CD). Maybe you guys figured out which skill I copied from PvE mobs. I think this fits better than another barrage like skill and functions well with pin down.

Up until Skill 5 you're pretty much in agreement with everybody else on Longbow. I wonder how much this thread had influenced that. That said your skill 5 is essentially the Primal Burst but a smaller AoE (and yes I know the monster skill you are talking about).  Not sure if having a skill so similar to the Primal Burst is a good idea though.

Sword:

Skill 1: Increase the bleeding stacks from 1 to 2 on the last AA in the chain. So far the chain is very... generic. Make it more potent for condi damage (which is the main focus of this weapon). Almost every AA chain has a strong/unique third attack.

Skill 2: In addition to its function it removes one condition out of the following: cripple, chill, slow, immobilize

Skill 3: Unchanged (maybe add 3 bleedings while above 50%, which deal 50% less damage than the stacks you apply when under 50%)

Skill 4 and 5: I do not use sword as offhand, but people already made good suggestions on these.

F1: Afflict 0,5 seconds of immobilize every hit. At the moment this burst is probably the worst because of the self root. 

Sword gets run with Arms, which gives bleed on crits. The trait just needs it's bleed duration nerf to be reverted.

Savage Leap can already be traited to remove immobilize, but I see no harm in the base skill removing some of the other conditions. 

Mace:

Skill 1: Increase the speed or the damage in the chain. See the existing ideas for reference.

Skill 2: Reduce the vulnerability on a succesful counter to 5 stacks and grant 5 stacks of might. This gives mace a bit of sustain with MMR.

Skill 3: Increase the daze to 2 seconds. Interrupting an action inflicts 5 seconds of weakness. Damage remains unchanged. At the moment this skill is just bad, since it deals no damage for 1 second daze.

Skill 5: Double the size of the shockwave.

Primal F1: Personally I think the bleed and confusion should be removed in favor for more damage and vulnerability (5 stacks). Its simply not a condition weapon.

Your suggestion on Counterblow would work well with how we all have discussed changing how the block/counter work. Pommel Bash can be traited to inflict weakness, but you are right, other dazes tend to do more damage (excluding FC). Tremor really should be an AoE and not a projectile for reasons discussed.

Warhorn:

Skill 4: Change the buff to 5 seconds with 15% more damage instead of 2 attacks with 25%. I guess this one doesnt need further explanation. No one likes it.

Skill 5: Unchanged

If you want a % damage buff over some number of seconds then the base damage it gives now over 2-3s should work.

Torch:

Skill 4: Remove the cripple and change it to an explo finisher. The tooltip literally says "creating a deadly shockwave" so that makes sense to me. Also it synergizes well with the fire field of skill 5.

Skill 5: In addition to its effects, you are immune to chill in its duration. A walking field of fire! Cant cool this stuff man.

Shield: Fun Fact: Go to wiki and compare the tooltip description and the effects with the skills of the other professions.

Skill 5: Gain might for every attack you block (1 stack of 8 seconds per attack). I mean its literally just "block attacks" at the moment. This gives War sustain with MMR.

Shield can gain might on block from it's trait and give sustain with MMR already. It will also reflect projectiles with the trait.

Greatsword:

Skill 2: This skill can be used while moving now. Literally no one likes the way 100b works at the moment and it was discussed enough already.

The rest is good enough.

Hammer:

Primal F1: This skill is now a knockdown (2 seconds) instead of immobilize. Removed the daze. Gain might (2 stacks, 5 seconds duration) for each enemy hit and inflict weakness on them (5 seconds). Why is the most kitten looking burst so bad? You hit with your big kitten hammer on the ground and it's immibilizing foes, not knocking them on their butt? Come on... The might gain synergizes with the effect it does in general (large AoE) and the weakness is an alternative for skill 2 to increase the effect of skill 5.

The auto attack chain needs to be adjusted in damage or give it an AoE daze on third attack. At the moment you hit slow and like a wet noodle.

Skill 3 and 4 need love too, maybe some much needed vulnerability on both.

The bigger problem with Rupturing Smash is that it is a cone AoE on a leap. It needs to be a normal AoE. You can inflict weakness with it via a trait, and gain might due to the weakness from a rune set. I'm against the knockdown because it won't do damage in competitive play then (because the dev team killed hard CCs). No dazes belong on AA chains, BAD idea. Can it be a little faster or deal a little more damage on AA? Sure. Honestly, more damage on the AA chain, or for the last hit to grant might per foe struck would be great.

Rifle:

Where to start here... It was already discussed that the change to the AA was not good for adrenalin management.

The idea to refill your ammo with skill 5 may sound good in theory but its just bad in my opinion. You are forced to melee to use this effectively while playing a ranged weapon. Skill 2 simply doenst cut in the damage department and and its cast time is too slow in addition. Skill 4 is the worst skill you could hope to have.

The idea to  rework it to a shotgun like weapon is probably the only solution to fix this weapon. The OP did present some good ideas for that and Skill 3 is the first change in this direction.

Harpoon: 

Yep I'm doing this one (the "condi" weapon), even though underwater combat is just bad if you are not a scourge.

Skill 1: Make the bleed on this skill baseline, Instead of increasing the power damage on maximum range, increase the amount bleeding stacks instead (at 600 range 2, at 900 3, at 1200 4). My basic attack on a condi weapon should focus on condi damage, not power.

Skill 2, 3: Unchanged (for now)

Skill 4: Remove the evade. Inflict 2 stacks of torment (8 seconds) when hitting an immobilized foe (the immobilize of this skill also triggers the torment). No one wants an evade in ranged combat like this. The torment change synergizes with primal F1.

F1: Added 3/5/7 stacks of bleed stacks (8 seconds) depending on adrenalin spent at the cost of physical damage. Same reason like the auto attack.

Primal F1: Increase burning stacks from 1 to 2. Half the physical damage by 50% and add 2 stacks of torment (8 seconds) instead.

Strength Traitline:

Move Merciless Hammer to Body Blows. Add a new grandmaster trait instead. Maybe something like: While wielding a 2-handed weapon you get increased power and precision (150 each). Hitting an enemy has a 33% chance to grant you Fury, Swiftness and 3 stacks of might (5s each, 15 seconds ICD). The hammer trait has no value as grandmaster trait and you loose too much for taking it at the moment (sustain or more damage). The new grandmaster would buff 2 handed weapons, which lack in damage and flavor right now, and it's a safe alternative to berserker power. Also its the equivalent to dual wielding in arms.

Are you merging MH and BB together? BB just needs strike damage instead of bleed, and MH is the single best means of gaining adrenaline in the whole warrior kit. It just so happens to share a slot our best sustain trait and best damage trait so it sees less use.

Hard pass on giving 150 more power to Greatsword. We're already pigeonholed into it, lets not make it worse. Its not a bad idea mind you, but because of FGS you'd be overbuffing greatsword.

Arms Traitline:

Signet Mastery: In addition increase the effect of equipment signets by 50%. Why? So Power has stronger options in the first row, which has its use for the whole fight, not just under 50%.

You can prebuff the Ferocity stacks for an extra 33.33% critical damage. Next to Berserker's Power this is the second most power dps trait you can take. It doesn't need buffing what it needs is for the stacks to NOT disappear with you mount up.

Opportunist: Grants 5 stacks of might instead of fury (8 seconds). Why? Because you already get fury from burst skills in this line.

It needs the CD reduced. Believe it or not some warrior's have trouble squeezing Fury onto their builds.

Unsuspecting Foe: Increase the critical hit chance by 10% when attacking a crippled/slowed/chilled/immobilized foe instead of 50% on a cc'd foe. Why? Like this you have a realistic and natural crit chance increase, which is what warriors lack a lot.

You'd be surprised how effective this is against a broken break bar, or a for that has burned all their stunbreaks. What it needs is some condi application to it, like confusion on hit versus CCd foes, since it is in the condition tree.

Sundering Burst: Reduce the ICD in PvE to 3 seconds. This is merely QoL for berserker, who uses many bursts in a row. Not that important though. I read through different suggestions for this trait. Do NOT remove the vulnerability please. It's the only reliable source as a condition berserker.

The prior suggestions were not to remove the vulnerability, but to give healing per stack of vulnerability inflicted in addition to the current effects, said healing would not have an ICD.

Burst Precision: In addition to its effect each time you land a burst attack, gain increased 20% increased critical hit chance (5 seconds, duration stacks: max 10 seconds). Again another option for power focussed builds.

having the effect linger for 1-3 seconds based on adrenaline spent is more elegant and better for power builds.

Dual Wielding: When using a offhand weapon skil which is the same as your main weapon, gain quickness (2s) and 3 stacks of might (8 seconds). Your offhand weapon skills are improved (to be decided, open for suggestions)

Tactics Traitline:

Leg Specialist: Change strike damage to all damage. This will make tactic more viable for condition builds. Why should only power builds profit from this traitline?

Pretty good idea.

Marching Orders: Remove the ICD to max 5 seconds. The effects arent that good to begin with.

Soldiers Comfort: Increase the healing coefficient from 0.8 to 1.0

I'll say what I said before. Remove the Marching Orders buff entirely. Make it just grant 3 stacks of might, 5s, on burst use. Make Soldiers Comfort have a 5s CD and apply on burst use with a higher healing coefficient for healing other allies. Make Martial Cadence grant Alacrity in an area instead, 3s duration, 5s CD.

Shrug it Off: Increase the removed conditions from 1 to 2. Reduce the ICD to 15 seconds. Since you have no control over this effect, it should be adjusted in a way that you profit more from it.

It's legacy. The original Shake it Off only removed 1 condition. I think Shrug should be updated to more than 1 though, you are correct.

Discipline Traitline:

Crack Shot: While wielding a longbow/harpoon gain 100 condition damage. While wielding a rifle all physical damage is increased by 10%. To be honest I hate the way this trait works. They just threw multiple traits together in this one (like burning arrows from tactics). I just changed this trait because I suggested base line effects on longbow and harpoon. Also the change to ALL damage on rifle is IMO necessary. A buff of 10% to just the AA is laughable. Might as well rework this completely.

Agreed, but just make the current effects affect all skills on the weapons, not just the AA.

Double Standards: Your Banners now effect 10 people and pulse swiftness.

The trait's effects should be made baseline and then the trait should be deleted from this game. Any traitline it gets moved to becomes mandatory in PvE. Just delete it.

Destruction of the empowered: Replace this trait with Enhanced Banners: Increases the effect of banners on warrior by 100%. Gain pulsing regeneration while under the effect of at least one banner (5 seconds, 10 seconds ICD). This change is mandatory to split bannerslave from a pure dps warrior in raids. Its really sad that both versions play the same traits (no matter if its condi or power).

No. More. Banner. Traits.

Defense Traitline:

Thick Skin: Replace this with adrenaline health. Every time you fill an adrenalin bar (10 adrenalin) get 1 stack of adrenaline health (5 seconds ICD, duration and health unchanged). Gaining more than 1 bar at once will yield only 1 stack of adrenaline health. Since there was already a debate on how defense traits should proc, I changed in a way everyone should be happy. You have to engage to get the sustain but dont need to land a predictale burst skill. I deemed it necessary to limit the stacks you gain with for example headbutt, which fills all your adrenalin on hit, so its more balanced.

You don't want the passive application. We had that before and it got out Adrenaline mechanic nerfed hard. Make AH apply on burst USE is enough for it.

Shield master: Reduce the shield skills cooldowns by 20%. Gain 200 toughness while wielding a shield. Since might on block is already on the skill, might as well give some more defense profit to wield a shield.

Keep it as it is now, but the increased toughness is a good add on since the over nerfed the might duration.

Cull the weak: Change strike damage to all damage. Same reason like leg specialist in tactics.

Not a bad idea. Though I still think this should also apply weakness on a critical hit, with skill that strike in an AoE applying weakness in an AoE on crit.

Reliant Assault (old spot from adrenaline health, new trait): Gain protection and resolution on succesful burst attacks (3s each, no ICD)

Make it on burst USE not on hit. Give it a 5s CD then.

Defy Pain: Gain protection, resolution and resistence (5s each, 20 seconds ICD) when struck below the health treshold (50%). These auto stance traits are unhealthy and uncontrolable. This is another source for much needed defensive boons.

Pretty much what people have been suggesting. 

Armored Attack: In addition get vitality on a percentage of toughness (15%). This is a needed buff just like the change to great fortitude in strength.

10%. 15% would be too high.

Hardened Armor: When struck by a critical hit or below the health treshold (75%) gain regeneration (5 seconds, 15 seconds ICD). While under the effect of regeneration receive less strike and condition damage (5% each). This is another needed improvement because warrior has absolutely no source of regeneration anymore. The thought behind this change is that you keep getting hit which makes you more sturdy and you heal from damage naturally faster (your armor/skin hardens)

We have regeneration from Dogged March. That said Regeneration on Hardened Armor makes more sense than Resolution.

Last stand: The duration of stances are increased (25%). When entering a stance gain swiftness and vigor (8 seconds). Gain stability (2 stacks for 5 seconds, 30 seconds ICD)  when struck by a cc. Again no auto stances anymore. I kept the stability as a neutral effect so this trait has value besides stances. Also because I don't know any better. 🙂 

Cleansing Ire: In addition to its effect loose 1 condition when filling an adrenaline bar. Gaining more than 1 bar at once will still only remove one condition. Removed the adrenalin on getting hit. Since its a grandmaster trait I added the change to adrenaline health on top. To balance the adrenalin gain just from defense, I removed the adrenalin gain on getting hit, so you just cant tank but have to actually hit stuff.

No. Passive. Adrenaline. Effects. Make it apply on burst USE, not hits will do the job just fine.

Rousing Resilience: Gain 500 toughness when struck by a cc (8 seconds, 20 seconds ICD). The health gain on stunbreak remains unchanged. This is just a QoL so you have value out of it even when you cant break the stun and so your chances of survival are higher. Since you get this basically for free, I halfed the amount of toughness you get.

Interesting. But I can see people QQing hard on the sPvP forums about it.

Berserker Traitline:

There are 2 possibilities for a change of the core mechanic.

Either: Give us the option to switch berserk mode off and the leftover time is converted into adrenaline (1 second = 2 adrenalin, since its 15 seconds base duration) while the CD is reduced to at least 10 seconds (5 at most)

Or: Keep the way it is now and give us the option to use level 1 core bursts.

Loss of Core bursts is the drawback. We just need a means to manually exit Berserk.

King of Fire: In addition to its effects, fire auras on the warrior burn enemies near them (1 stack of burn for 5 seconds every 2 seconds, radius: 180). This change is improving the generic function of this trait and it makes use of the fire auras you gain through critical hits when not running many berserker skills to detonate them with.

Interesting.

Good job you made it through my endless wall of text.

Hah!

Thanks for the Feedback, apparently I did miss some trait interactions, sorry about that. I just took the basic kit and mostly and tried to consider traits as best as I could.

And yes like I said at the beginning. I took some inspiration from existing ideas since I liked them and just modified them a little.

About the banner traits. Yeah I wasnt happy with it either. The thing you suggest wouldnt seperate a BS from a straight dps player though, then again you could argue if its really necessary. Since both have the same effects still. I considered changing banners alltogether (boons instead of stat increases like the elite) but that would delete warrior from PvE. Placing banners on your back is probably the best idea as QoL I read here but sadly that wont happen. They would need to change the animations on characters and mobs. 

Today should be more balance changes (every 2 weeks so far). Maybe something interesting or anything at all in fact? Highly doubt it though.

Edited by anbujackson.9564