Warrior Balance Requests Omnibus

Lan Deathrider.5910

@Acyk.9671 said:

@Acyk.9671 said:I would like for Anet to bring back non crit damage on CC skills. There is too much of a split between damage weapons and cc weapons now which affects builds and gears in a binary way in WvW: minstrel or marauder.Do you think via a trait, like Pulminary Impact or possibly by reworking Body Blow?

If you add that to traits you are even more enforcing a playstyle on you character, E specs and trade offs already do that to an extreme. And this affects every classes, not just warrior.But if you were to reintroduce blank damage through traits, Body Blow or weapon's traits like Merciless hammer and Sundering Mace would be the solution. Especially since those traits are never played. Merciless hammer is even more useless now... Maces need a rework though.Well this is up to Anet owning up to no damage CCs being a mistake. I think we'd have more success getting additional effects via traits than getting straight damage back.True.

Also reduce the trade off (fatal frenzy) on berserker in competitive game modes, -300 toughness alone makes berserker nonviable and +300 power/condi is not really needed. +/-150 should be enough.

Adding few stats in PvE/WvW from PvP amulets would also improve warrior's build diversity.

Fatal Frenzy's toughness hit is stiff considering we lost core F1s as well. EITHER would have been enough of a tradeoff.I vote to just begone with the toughness penalty.

I also suggest changing Burst of Aggression so that the quickness and super speed are refreshed when you hit with a Primal Burst.

These two changes would go a long way in helping Berserker, but am not sure what else it may need.

Honestly, i don't think berserker needs much more. Anet made it too much of a glass canon imo to make it competitive. It already does a fair amount of damage, it is just crippled by a lack of self sustain.Well removing the toughness penalty would help its sustain and might actually make it more viable don't you think?

yes, at least reducing it. Another thing is for melee gameplay to be more viable in WvW but that means nerfing other classes and probably WoD.Head Butt also need an improvement or rework but coming from WvW i like banner. Any other improvement/balance should come from core trait lines imo

Warrior in general just needs the tools to dive bomb in WvW. Head Butt could be faster I suppose. Despite have some range it is easiest to hit at point blank range. With the no dmg on CC thing though they need to rework what it does, again.

You are right that most of the improvements that need to happen are within the core traits and weapons, but Berserker specifically needs some attention, see the above comments with @felix.2386.

@Acyk.9671 said:

@Acyk.9671 said:I would like for Anet to bring back non crit damage on CC skills. There is too much of a split between damage weapons and cc weapons now which affects builds and gears in a binary way in WvW: minstrel or marauder.Do you think via a trait, like Pulminary Impact or possibly by reworking Body Blow?

If you add that to traits you are even more enforcing a playstyle on you character, E specs and trade offs already do that to an extreme. And this affects every classes, not just warrior.But if you were to reintroduce blank damage through traits, Body Blow or weapon's traits like Merciless hammer and Sundering Mace would be the solution. Especially since those traits are never played. Merciless hammer is even more useless now... Maces need a rework though.Well this is up to Anet owning up to no damage CCs being a mistake. I think we'd have more success getting additional effects via traits than getting straight damage back.True.

Also reduce the trade off (fatal frenzy) on berserker in competitive game modes, -300 toughness alone makes berserker nonviable and +300 power/condi is not really needed. +/-150 should be enough.

Adding few stats in PvE/WvW from PvP amulets would also improve warrior's build diversity.

Fatal Frenzy's toughness hit is stiff considering we lost core F1s as well. EITHER would have been enough of a tradeoff.I vote to just begone with the toughness penalty.

I also suggest changing Burst of Aggression so that the quickness and super speed are refreshed when you hit with a Primal Burst.

These two changes would go a long way in helping Berserker, but am not sure what else it may need.

Honestly, i don't think berserker needs much more. Anet made it too much of a glass canon imo to make it competitive. It already does a fair amount of damage, it is just crippled by a lack of self sustain.Well removing the toughness penalty would help its sustain and might actually make it more viable don't you think?

yes, at least reducing it. Another thing is for melee gameplay to be more viable in WvW but that means nerfing other classes and probably WoD.Head Butt also need an improvement or rework but coming from WvW i like banner. Any other improvement/balance should come from core trait lines imo

Warrior in general just needs the tools to dive bomb in WvW. Head Butt could be faster I suppose. Despite have some range it is easiest to hit at point blank range. With the no dmg on CC thing though they need to rework what it does, again.

You are right that most of the improvements that need to happen are within the core traits and weapons, but Berserker specifically needs some attention, see the above comments with @felix.2386.

Well it will be viable in WvW. I can't really say for pvp but do not think of berserker as what warrior's role was. It will never be a side noder or bruiser anymore. Anet is enforcing trinity and i'm 99% sure they want berserker to be played with a support at its side and have the same role as a reaper right now.

True, but a Reaper can do the same thing but have more sustain with less need to be baby sat, speaking from experience playing both specs. Still Berserker needs something about it to change.

@Acyk.9671 said:

Well it will be viable in WvW. I can't really say for pvp but do not think of berserker as what warrior's role was. It will never be a side noder or bruiser anymore. Anet is enforcing trinity and i'm 99% sure they want berserker to be played with a support at its side and have the same role as a reaper right now.

True, but a Reaper can do the same thing but have more sustain with less need to be baby sat, speaking from experience playing both specs. Still Berserker needs something about it to change.

then expect a lot of nerfs on reaper's sustain... it would be a mistake because reaper problem is its damage with 600 ferocity at disposal. The main difference is reaper can't be healed in shroud, warrior can be healed whenever needed. Reaper uses a defensive traitline with blood, nothing forbids berserker to play Defense trait line and a couple of stances once it's reworked.

I'm well aware. They made those two traits too good to not take as a Reaper. There are ways to get healed in Shroud, but they conflict with Reaper's Onslaught. Defense is good with Zerker, mainly due to Rousing Resilience, but yeah Defense needs trait reworks. What do you think of the suggestions presented in this thread so far?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Well it does have might generation via Eternal Champion, but you cant take that and get more damage.

eternal champion isn't constant stream of might gen, it's slow and you have to burn through all your stunbreak in order to gain any considerable amount of might which is incredible risky, plus having stability also work against the might gen. it is mostly taken for the stab not might.

That's more to Defense being bad now though, Strength still fuels a large amount of might generation.

defense sustain isn't bad, a defense spellbreaker will out sustain a strength spellbreaker, but a berserker even with defense is trash sustain.(defense berserker also out sustain strength berserker)

there's really nothing going on for berserker that's suited for competitive pvp..core war is only slightly better.as long as berserker can't self cancel berserk, it will not be competitively played unless extremely overbuffedAgain, self cancel is one of the main change requests for the spec.
i suggest remove primal burst cooldown all together like axe and make berserk mode consume adrenaline overtime
with 8 second cooldown going out of berserk mode.and then can make traits based on adrenaline level or pulse might during berserk mode or w/eYou'd then have MemeFlane and MemeDivider being spammed continuously, which would not be a good thing. Perhaps make Primal Bursts not consume adrenaline bars at all, but instead just have their CD. Adrenaline decays by 1 strike per second , you begin with 30 Strikes, Smash Brawler adds 5 points to the total and all the rage skills that add in duration instead add that many strikes of adrenaline, in or out of BMode. Have a F2 to exit early, but consume all Adrenaline to do so.

meme flame and meme divider isn't worth spamming anyway, and you just keep the adrenaline consummation to primal burst.for example, berserker will consume 1 adrenaline per second. while each primal burst costs 10 and hits only gain adrenaline outside of berserk mode.

@felix.2386 said:also spellbreaker's primary problem is that, any weapon that has damage scaling with adrenaline tiers doesnt work with spellbreaker, only greatsword and daggerbecause these two doesnt have scaling problem and that tier 1 does decent damage.

killshot on spellbreaker does the 1.5k non crit on heavy golem...that's the same as shrapnel grenade does 1.5k non crit on heavy golem..that's how bad it is.literally all f1 tier 1 burst skill except dagger and greatsword are not worth using, thus not worth using with spellbreakerWell, that is the drawback of the e-spec. Anet won't change that one. As opposed to Berserker which has several very stiff drawbacks to it.

that's not drawback, that's inconsistency, all weapon f1 tiers should be equally usable.and if the drawback of e-spec is only being able to use 2 primary weapon within 8..that's not good design.

Rifle rework into a shotgun. (Best one)

Sword 3 reworked into F1 skill and given a small lunge. 300 range?

Sword f1 reworked into sword 3 as a quick 3 strike flurry. 1 second immob, some amount of bleed.

Berserk CD reduced to 10 seconds

Cleansing Ire based off spent adrenaline and not landing the F1 with blind being the first cleansed.

Berserker's Power based off adrenaline spent and not landing the F1

Berserk grants might per opponent struck.

CMC starts caring about my class.

Mace F1 gets a small leap like Skull grinder

Arms gets some form of sustain to make it a viable trait line. How about vulnerability siphons HP? 50 per vulnerability stack. (Second best)

Sword OH 5 absorbs the next attack and ripostes with a 1/2 evade.

Savage blow gains a small leap, loses the knockback and instead gains damage, a 1/4 daze, and inflicts vulnerability while granting might.

Sundering Leap loses damage, grants stability for 1 second, gains a knockdown.

Outrage gains 3 seconds of resistance while getting upped to a 30 second CD

People have been asking for sword reworks for forever. Please listen Anet.

While I seriously doubt anything will ever come of this I would be absolutely thrilled if rifle got reworked into a shotgun.

@felix.2386 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Well it does have might generation via Eternal Champion, but you cant take that and get more damage.

eternal champion isn't constant stream of might gen, it's slow and you have to burn through all your stunbreak in order to gain any considerable amount of might which is incredible risky, plus having stability also work against the might gen. it is mostly taken for the stab not might.True, I think they are afraid to give too much extra might to Berserker though. There is also King of Flames for the fire aura. Torch OH and a leap will give it as well, that and the mobile fire field can be used with a blast finisher to stack more might. I think the Might gen is there, its just active rather than passive. Where would you suggest to add some sort of passive source?

That's more to Defense being bad now though, Strength still fuels a large amount of might generation.

defense sustain isn't bad, a defense spellbreaker will out sustain a strength spellbreaker, but a berserker even with defense is trash sustain.(defense berserker also out sustain strength berserker)

there's really nothing going on for berserker that's suited for competitive pvp..core war is only slightly better.as long as berserker can't self cancel berserk, it will not be competitively played unless extremely overbuffedAgain, self cancel is one of the main change requests for the spec.
i suggest remove primal burst cooldown all together like axe and make berserk mode consume adrenaline overtime
with 8 second cooldown going out of berserk mode.and then can make traits based on adrenaline level or pulse might during berserk mode or w/eYou'd then have MemeFlane and MemeDivider being spammed continuously, which would not be a good thing. Perhaps make Primal Bursts not consume adrenaline bars at all, but instead just have their CD. Adrenaline decays by 1 strike per second , you begin with 30 Strikes, Smash Brawler adds 5 points to the total and all the rage skills that add in duration instead add that many strikes of adrenaline, in or out of BMode. Have a F2 to exit early, but consume all Adrenaline to do so.

meme flame and meme divider isn't worth spamming anyway, and you just keep the adrenaline consummation to primal burst.for example, berserker will consume 1 adrenaline per second. while each primal burst costs 10 and hits only gain adrenaline outside of berserk mode.Hmm. I wonder if only gaining adrenaline outside of Berserk Mode would gimp it then... A decay of 1 strike per second starting from 30, Primal Bursts consuming 10 strikes, but allowing normal adrenaline gain and for the Rage skills to add adrenaline would be balanced. You ability to stay in the mode would be reflective of you being able to build adrenaline, which is certainly thematic and Anet loves their themes. Have an option to end BMode early with an F2 that consumes all adrenaline would be useful. Would this also be a burst attack like entering Berserk Mode?@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@felix.2386 said:also spellbreaker's primary problem is that, any weapon that has damage scaling with adrenaline tiers doesnt work with spellbreaker, only greatsword and daggerbecause these two doesnt have scaling problem and that tier 1 does decent damage.

killshot on spellbreaker does the 1.5k non crit on heavy golem...that's the same as shrapnel grenade does 1.5k non crit on heavy golem..that's how bad it is.literally all f1 tier 1 burst skill except dagger and greatsword are not worth using, thus not worth using with spellbreakerWell, that is the drawback of the e-spec. Anet won't change that one. As opposed to Berserker which has several very stiff drawbacks to it.

that's not drawback, that's inconsistency, all weapon f1 tiers should be equally usable.and if the drawback of e-spec is only being able to use 2 primary weapon within 8..that's not good design.Loss of T2 and T3 bursts to gain access to Full Counter is the drawback sadly. Dagger was built with that in mind, and Arcing Slice gives less fury uptime. Hammer still rips boons in an AoE though, so there is still use for it on SpB. Flurry at T1 still does okay damage if the foe lets you get all 9 hits in (big if).

@Tycura.1982 said:Going to ask that you give some reason to each of these. Presenting a change/rebalance list without reasoning will not work.Rifle rework into a shotgun. (Best one)Sample bar?Sword 3 reworked into F1 skill and given a small lunge. 300 range?I do like the idea.Sword f1 reworked into sword 3 as a quick 3 strike flurry. 1 second immob, some amount of bleed.Something like Mariner's Frenzy with bleed and immob?Berserk CD reduced to 10 secondsI like this.Cleansing Ire based off spent adrenaline and not landing the F1 with blind being the first cleansed.Great QoL.Berserker's Power based off adrenaline spent and not landing the F1Great QoL.Berserk grants might per opponent struck.With a GS equipped and FGS this happens anyway. How many more stacks are we talking here? 1 stack per? 2? Keep in mind that FGS is probably slotted and you'll get might through that.CMC starts caring about my class.Please...Mace F1 gets a small leap like Skull grinderA frequent request.Arms gets some form of sustain to make it a viable trait line. How about vulnerability siphons HP? 50 per vulnerability stack. (Second best)Outside of Signet Master grant 10 stacks of might periodically right?Sundering Burst: In addition to its current effects inflicting Vulnerability on a foe heals you for 133hp/60hp (PvE/Comp).

This change will add an active source of sustain into Arms to help increase the viability of the traitline. Numbers are based off of MMR, with the same Healing Power coefficient.

Does that sound good?

Sword OH 5 absorbs the next attack and ripostes with a 1/2 evade.So go from a 2.25s block to a single block then evade? Or keep the block duration and gain a flip over that is riposte, which includes an evade?Savage blow gains a small leap, loses the knockback and instead gains damage, a 1/4 daze, and inflicts vulnerability while granting might.Interesting.Sundering Leap loses damage, grants stability for 1 second, gains a knockdown.Interesting.Outrage gains 3 seconds of resistance while getting upped to a 30 second CDInteresting.People have been asking for sword reworks for forever. Please listen Anet.Please Anet...While I seriously doubt anything will ever come of this I would be absolutely thrilled if rifle got reworked into a shotgun.Again, what would the bar look like?

Also, again please add some supporting reasons to these ideas rather than we want them. Stating why we feel they are needed will make it more likely that we get listened to.

@DKRathalos.9625 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I don't think Warhorn needs more buffing at this point. I'd rather Roaring Reveille have given different boons than what they gave.What about the trait giving 2-3 stabs instead of Fury for Warhorn 4? I really want warrior can give stabs XDSo the warhorn 4 gives stab, warhorn 5 gives resistance when traited.

Yeah I thought that Fury was odd since we already of an AoE source of Fury with FGJ. I wanted Retaliation myself on Warhorn 4 since it would have better interaction with traits.

Also, is another source of AoE Stability something that as a player base we want to deal with?

@Poko.7508 said:Keep hundred blades current damage but reduce the animation down to 5 hits so hundreds blades can finally be used outside of pve for it's full potential. Damage makes sense since it roots itself

So rather than keeping the same number of hits but with reduced channel you'd rather have fewer hits in a reduced channel time at the same total damage? You'd lose out on might generation then, and sustain along with it.

For the Rifle -> Shotgun crowd.

Are we talking keeping the skills the same, just changing them from single target projectiles to non projectile cones instead or are we talking completely new skills?

I can see this working if the skills are kept the same (dodge first on Rifle 4 though). The damage is already low enough to justify being AoE. Are we talking 600 range cones or 900 range cones? Cone on AA as well?

Kill shot should probably be a completely new F1 then. Gunflame is probably fine as it is.

Some ideas for a new F1.Kill Shot -> Salt Shot: Daze (1/4s) and Blind (5s) foes in front of you. Weaken them for 3s/4s/6s and deal damage (Current Kill Shot damage levels but reduced by 2/3) based on Adrenaline spent. Range would be whatever size cone we decide on. Blast Finisher.

This becomes more of a damage mitigation F1 and less of a dps F1. Spellbreaker would see some good use out of it.

OR

Kill Shot -> Blast Round: Damage foes in the target area and blind them (5s). Damage is based on Adrenaline spent and would be 1/3 of the current Kill Shot numbers. This would be a blast finisher. Range would be whatever size cone we decide on.

More of an AoE DPS F1, but at reduced numbers from the current F1 for being an AoE, the blind is there for more built in damage mitigation to the weapon.

Blast finisher on both is to make up for the lose of projectile finishers from the weapon.

Crack Shot would probably need to be changed since all the skills would become AoE and thus build adrenaline faster and there would be less need for the extra adrenaline from the trait.

I'm open to suggestions. I would say a 1s weakness, but that may be too strong.

@Acyk.9671 said:

reaper doesnt need any thing to sit at it's side, it just does better with support at it's side, just like power rev is way stronger with tempest around.reaper can 1v1, can kit well, unlike berserker. reaper just not good at handling 1vX

Wish warrior could function without discipline, currently all builds on all modes need discipline( except that minster one for wvw that its whole point is to pop the boon rip bubble and die).I don't have idea how it will work though, since discipline isn't OP or anything it is just really basic stuff that help warrior function.The other traits need to make warrior work, but the whole class is balanced around having discipline nailed there, and that has been going on for years.

@Vancho.8750 said:Wish warrior could function without discipline, currently all builds on all modes need discipline( except that minster one for wvw that its whole point is to pop the boon rip bubble and die).I don't have idea how it will work though, since discipline isn't OP or anything it is just really basic stuff that help warrior function.The other traits need to make warrior work, but the whole class is balanced around having discipline nailed there, and that has been going on for years.

Well, an alternative would be to reduce the CD on Marching Orders from 15s to 5s. That way Martial Cadence will trigger more often and alleviate the need for weapon swapping. So you'd have an either or choice there at least as far as weapon CDs is concerned. The extra movement speed can be made up from runes.

@"Vancho.8750" said:Wish warrior could function without discipline, currently all builds on all modes need discipline( except that minster one for wvw that its whole point is to pop the boon rip bubble and die).I don't have idea how it will work though, since discipline isn't OP or anything it is just really basic stuff that help warrior function.The other traits need to make warrior work, but the whole class is balanced around having discipline nailed there, and that has been going on for years.

other classes function without fast hand because they have filers "kits, multiple F skills, transforms, utility skills that can pressure/counter pressure without the need of weapon skills" warrior has none, even class mechanic relies on which weapon you have on. except spellbreaker

as healbreaker, discipline is not mandatory, because you got utility that fullfill the role of the build without the need of weapon skill

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Poko.7508" said:Keep hundred blades current damage but reduce the animation down to 5 hits so hundreds blades can finally be used outside of pve for it's full potential. Damage makes sense since it roots itself

So rather than keeping the same number of hits but with reduced channel you'd rather have fewer hits in a reduced channel time at the same total damage? You'd lose out on might generation then, and sustain along with it.

you never hit those last 3 hits anyway so saying you lose sustain and might gain dosent at all mean anything. its a channel ability and it cant get every hit off even with quickness. having quickness on top of lower hit animation turns to actually hitting every hit when lining up a stun and actually being able to call the final hit on the ability a "final hit"

@""Lan Deathrider.5910"

AA: 3 projectile cone. 600 range, pierces2: Keep the same. 900 range3: 3 rapid AA shots. 3/4 second cast

1. Forward 450 range evade roll. Clears movement conditions
  2. Keep the same.F1: Tear gas canister: AoE blind and torment field. Duration based off adrenaline spent

Keeps some of rifle's identity but makes it more aggressive

@Tycura.1982 said:

@""Lan Deathrider.5910"

AA: 3 projectile cone. 600 range, piercesOkay.2: Keep the same. 900 range3: 3 rapid AA shots. 3/4 second castSo 3 sets of three projectiles that pierce?
  1. Forward 450 range evade roll. Clears movement conditionsSo inverse of current skill. Dodge forward 450, cleanse movement conditions. Cone aoe of 600 range with current effects?
  2. Keep the same.F1: Tear gas canister: AoE blind and torment field. Duration based off adrenaline spentCool idea. What did you think of my proposed F1s?Keeps some of rifle's identity but makes it more aggressive

A far bit more aggressive I'd say.

My take on a Rifle > Shotgun rework.

Skills should function like different ammo types

[ Skill 1] Buck shot Cone AOE 600 range causes physical damage.[ Skill 2 ] Pirana round Cone AOE 600 range causing tacks to stay on the ground for 3 seconds causing cripple.[ Skill 3 ] Dragons breath Cone AOE 600 range causing blind and high damage, revealing any target caught in the AOE.[ Skill 4 ] Evasive Slug Dodge backwards 300 and then fire a 1000 range slug shot causing high single target damage.[ Skill 5 ] Point Buck Shot Cone AOE 450 range causes the targets to be knocked back.

[ BURST] Full unload Cone AOE 600 range, unload a variety of 7 shells causing cripple, vulnerability and weakness .T1 Medium damage, 2s cripple, 5 vulnerability, 2s weakness.T2 Medium damage, 3s cripple, 10 vulnerability, 3s weakness.T3 high damage, 4s cripple, 15 vulnerability, 4s weakness.

@Smoosh.2718 said:My take on a Rifle > Shotgun rework.

Skills should function like different ammo types

[ Skill 1] Buck shot Cone AOE 600 range causes physical damage.[ Skill 2 ] Pirana round Cone AOE 600 range causing tacks to stay on the ground for 3 seconds causing cripple.[ Skill 3 ] Dragons breath Cone AOE 600 range causing blind and high damage, revealing any target caught in the AOE.[ Skill 4 ] Evasive Slug Dodge backwards 300 and then fire a 1000 range slug shot causing high single target damage.[ Skill 5 ] Point Buck Shot Cone AOE 450 range causes the targets to be knocked back.

[ BURST] Full unload Cone AOE 600 range, unload a variety of 7 shells causing cripple, vulnerability and weakness .T1 Medium damage, 2s cripple, 5 vulnerability, 2s weakness.T2 Medium damage, 3s cripple, 10 vulnerability, 3s weakness.T3 high damage, 4s cripple, 15 vulnerability, 4s weakness.

Sounds fun, but may be too heavy of a lift to rework rifle to that extent. Making the current skills cone aoe to represent shotgun blasts may be the easiest approach, and would be effective due to low CD mass vulnerability stacks, cripple, and immboilize.

I'm liking the idea of a blind on a burst as well. Warrior could really benefit from that.