[Spoiler] Jormag's true intention

Slowpokeking.8720

@"Slowpokeking.8720" said:So I was right.

You guessed the most obvious thing that's been plain as day since Season 3 Episode 4. Congrats.

Of course, fighting Primordus with the Commander is a means to an end. The question being what's the end. I doubt Jormag's plans are so simple as to be "kill my enemy because its your enemy too". Especially since killing Primordus = world ends.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Slowpokeking.8720" said:So I was right.

You guessed the most obvious thing that's been plain as day since Season 3 Episode 4. Congrats.

Of course, fighting Primordus with the Commander is a means to an end. The question being what's the end. I doubt Jormag's plans are so simple as to be "kill my enemy because its your enemy too". Especially since killing Primordus = world ends.

Of course it will backstab us.

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:Jormags nature is opposed to destruction tho as it us the elder dragon of ice and persuasion how can jormag. And the fact primordius is hostile to most life . So i guess out of the ed s jormag is the least hostile

Maybe, but I'd also like to think that Jormag's strength comes from cunning and playing the long game like a GRRM character. It may be just as hostile as the rest, but knows that relying on brute force isn't going to result in anything but unwanted attention and creating enemies that are more useful in the long run as friends.

With each introduction of Elder Dragon we've learned more and more. Our understanding of them has evolved and they've become increasingly complicated beings. But they presumably all suffer the same affliction, aside from Aurene who has just begun. If Primordus and Jormag are "twins" we can assume that they're the same age. As Primordus is usually the first to awaken it's assumed that he's always been the older, more powerful one. Which would lead me to believe the affliction would be just as strong with them as it was Kralk, if not stronger.

Either way, I don't think trusting any of the pre-Aurene elder dragons is in anyone's best interest.

Jormag unlike other dragons . If you think of it caithe is acting as a mouth of aurene , commander is aurenes eyes and ears and champion. As aurene has shown to be able to see what we do. Also jormag has much more interaction but isnt exactly dominating its servants. So yes jormags corruption directly from jormag is more akin to aurenes link or blessing as choice is involved problem is its servants are zealots and was so before jormag did anything so they will spread the corruption in anyway as their belief is such. They even defied orders without repurcussions for jormags goal isnt domination but more into
Relation jormag if you noticed rarely striked first its servants like drakkar can act without jormag saying for isnt it strange that jotmag is so close to the lost spirits dont directly feed on them but let drakkar do it. Not all elders are the same jormag also shown to be very reclusive like we did not see much of jormag precense and thr fact only one minion had traits of otherDragon spectrum can be that jormag had atleast some knowledge of the danger of overfeeding so no i dont think jormag is good in a way aurene is but jormags actions are less agressive than most old eds and the fact we only kniw prim and jormag has fighted and that primordius dislike the idea of life and made destroyers to mock it. Jormag also seems to be into making deals i got the feeling one of those backfired and thats why jormag got us for its strange that ryland did not hear whispers but everyone else did wich can be a hint they already made a deal before and keep appearances. So yeah my theory is jormag made a deal wich was in rylands favor wich could explain ryland not hearing whispers during fs as he already been convinced . Most other dragon minions has sentience and sense of self most of are rabid then left alone or follow the will of its dragon . Another thing could be jormag dont want to die or see cycle repeat as jormag is quite a talker . Can also be a sign that jormags weakness comes from that jormag dont eat as much magic and might be more sane. As it has shown that eds goes insane then eating to much magic