best class according to you

avexysv.9314

Thief, warrior and elementalist have most invidual playstyles to choose from and though engi isn't damage-wise as versatile, holosmith has extremely high dps and scrapper is godmode tanky and both have superfun constantly moving playstyle. And engi is also very fun if you try to actually keep up might on squad with it.

Either warrioror Guardian.

Both can have epic damage, op support, tons of heals etc.

Not too long ago, both were meta in all gamemodes. And they havent changed much after that.

If its about fun, i keep with my Revenant. I only play herald. Power, condi, whatever may be needed or i wanna play.Im mostly happy with it & its still fun playing it ^^ (too bad herald is garbage in pve so u have to tank right through those waves of toxicity)

• Like 1

For OW I like the necro/reaper, not the funniest class but Strong DPS, sustain, cc and self-buff alone ( 2 Aoe with blindness, might/quickness/vulnerability). Everything is just so easy with reaper, even new maps 1vs10 elites, you use the Nightfall + shroud, bam, muti-kills.I like too my trapper druid. Druid spec is not really useful, it's just for the +25% speed and ancient seed; but it has strong burst against multi targets, with CC/immobilize. very easy and safe build to play, perfect for OW.

For PvP. I do a bit of all classes, I don't have favorite; it depends of the mood, If I win or lose 5 matchs with a class, etc.

For WvW. I'm a masochist; I try hard weaver for roaming and DPS weaver for zergs. It's not the OP class; I can win more duels with my mesmer for example: but I like the versatility and the tank potential when outnumbered for roaming, and DPS is still okaish for zerg even after so many nerfs.Weaver is just so smooth and frantic to play, fun gameplay, I really love it; even if they dig it underground with more nerfs I would still play it. Other classes just bore me.

• Confused 1

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:For OW I like the necro/reaper, not the funniest class but Strong DPS, sustain, cc and self-buff alone ( 2 Aoe with blindness, might/quickness/vulnerability). Everything is just so easy with reaper, even new maps 1vs10 elites, you use the Nightfall + shroud, bam, muti-kills.I like too my trapper druid. Druid spec is not really useful, it's just for the +25% speed and ancient seed; but it has strong burst against multi targets, with CC/immobilize. very easy and safe build to play, perfect for OW.

For PvP. I do a bit of all classes, I don't have favorite; it depends of the mood, If I win or lose 5 matchs with a class, etc.

For WvW. I'm a masochist; I try hard weaver for roaming and DPS weaver for zergs. It's not the OP class; I can win more duels with my mesmer for example: but I like the versatility and the tank potential when outnumbered for roaming, and DPS is still okaish for zerg even after so many nerfs.Weaver is just so smooth and frantic to play, fun gameplay, I really love it; even if they dig it underground with more nerfs I would still play it. Other classes just bore me.

Weaver is my jam, too! It's a very complex and unique play style that doesn't feel much like core ele/tempest at all. I am a particular fan of sword/focus fire/arcane condi or condi-forward hybrid weaver builds and I use variations of this theme in all content. I find tanky Dire/Trailblazer builds preferable for open world/story and WvW roaming, but lately in PvP I favor glass hybrid with Grieving amulet.

If that sounds good to you, then you might want to check out my thread in the elementalist forum. It has links to builds and videos from my channel including PvP, WvW roaming, open world boss solos, demos (e.g. how to heal combo, how to burst) and discussion with other players. It may help you decide if this would be a good class to try!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/107218/open-world-domination-fire-weaver#latest

Guardian is the most solid profession. It does a lot really well. Next is Warrior.

Other professions are a bit peaky in their use being meta or OP in some cases and lacking in others. The last year's worth of nerfing churned things up breaking some builds and making others feel clumsy. I hope some of the problem areas can be retuned with each game mode in mind now that splitting by mode is the company stance.

• Like 1

Depends on the gamemode.WvW, I would argue Necromancer for Core/Reaper for Roaming and Scourge for Zerging.PvP, Engineer for Holosmith/Scrapper, a close second being Revenant for Power Herald/Condi Herald.PvE, Guardian because of Dragonhunter's Damage and Firebrand's Versatile kits that are baseline to just equipping the specialization.

Probably rev. I think condi renegade right now deals the highest possible damage solo. I have mine with torment runes. It surely is also in a team setting. Power rev is solid in solo PvE. Not so great in group PvE.

I like core power warrior axe/axe. I really like dagger animations, but the damage is not there.

I do not like eng, but if you are into gadgets you might like it.

Thief is good in PvE. It has burst and sustain. Also ranged if you are into that. I used to really like thief back in the day. Not so much now.

The only class I would recommend against is ele. It is a good class, but it struggles in solo PvE somewhat. Its burst is also, not great. Solid in group setting though.

what content?

i find Revenants really fun at WvW/PvE due to changing Legends+weapons mechanicsElementalists having 4 elements to choose is rly fun to me as well

core engie is a bit weak but a lot of fun if you're willing to use their kits such as flamethrower, elixir, grenades, etc

• 1 year later...

I play solo 90% of the time so I like play styles that can deal nice damage, but also have great survivability even when soloing a boss.  Here are my favorites; Scourge, Reaper/Minion Master, Daredevil, Chronomancer,  and Soulbeast. All these can bring their own aid to the battle to help. For instance a Soulbeast has the best range in the game and if you use a good pet like a Jacaranda, it give you a lot of knockdowns, area damage and it creates a lot of agro to keep the enemy at bay.  If you add in Superior Runes of the Ogre you get a second pet and you can also summon aid like Hounds.  My favorite is a Scourge Tormentor build, it melts everything.

• Confused 1

Revenant.

It can fulfill a strong roam teamfight and a decent side node potiental all in a single build. 

It can both roam and zerg in WvWvW effectively. 

It has one of the highest DPS builds in the game. 

It has one of the most sort after support builds in the game (alac ren)

It's the strongest solo proffession in the game when played properly. 

Revenant basically hands you everything almost and is desired in all content effectively. The only downfall would be heralds PvE performance but even then it can do 30k through a almost auto attack only build. And boon herald has some pretty good uses in unorganised pugs. 

And vindicator doesn't seem to be letting them down either. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Revenant.

It can fulfill a strong roam teamfight and a decent side node potiental all in a single build. 

It can both roam and zerg in WvWvW effectively. 

It has one of the highest DPS builds in the game. 

It has one of the most sort after support builds in the game (alac ren)

It's the strongest solo proffession in the game when played properly. 

Revenant basically hands you everything almost and is desired in all content effectively. The only downfall would be heralds PvE performance but even then it can do 30k through a almost auto attack only build. And boon herald has some pretty good uses in unorganised pugs. 

And vindicator doesn't seem to be letting them down either. 

I am biased as a Rev main but I would argue the same. The only thing it doesn't flourish at is heal support in PvP and WvW, but that could change come EoD.

Warrior is the best class.

You want to be able to stealth around your opponents? Coward. Warrior does not hide. Instead warrior shouts loud so all know warrior has arrived, displaying warrior’s glory so all know exactly who it was that kittened them. 

You want to be able to teleport around? Coward. Warrior walks forward endlessly as an unstoppable force. Warrior wants you to see warrior approach. Warrior wants to see you cower in fear at the inevitability of warrior. 

You want to use silly magical spells? Coward. Warrior does not show weakness by relying on some wishy washy colorful attack. Warrior only relies on warrior’s fists and arms and back and chest and legs. You launch a fireball? Warrior will kick you in the nuts. 

You want to have fancy clones of yourself to pad your ego? Coward. Warrior needs no allies. Why would warrior let other people touch warrior’s prey? Warrior is greedy and shall collect the heads of warrior’s enemies alone.

You want to be righteous and stand by your morals and virtues? Coward. Warrior will do whatever is necessary to win, morals be damned.

You want to be able to use the powers of past heroes upon whose shoulders you stand? Coward. Warrior does not stand on shoulders, warrior takes an extra deep horse stance with feet firmly planted on the floor so his balls are in full view for everyone to see how big they are. 

You want to use machines and technology? Coward. Warrior needs no inventions. Warrior just needs a sharp stick to break your foolish machines. Warrior relies not on warrior’s brain, warrior relies on warrior’s brawn, and it has never gone wrawng. 

You want to fight with the power of dead things? Coward. How do you think those things got deaded in the first place? Warrior.

You want to fight with nature as your loyal companion? Coward. Warrior will burn down a forest just to kill a single enemy.

Restraint is for the weak. Warrior not weak. Warrior am strong. Warrior am bestest. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 9
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

You want to be able to stealth around your opponents? Coward. Warrior does not hide. Instead warrior shouts loud so all know warrior has arrived, displaying warrior’s glory so all know exactly who it was that kittened them. 

You want to be able to teleport around? Coward. Warrior walks forward endlessly as an unstoppable force. Warrior wants you to see warrior approach. Warrior wants to see you cower in fear at the inevitability of warrior. 

You want to use silly magical spells? Coward. Warrior does not show weakness by relying on some wishy washy colorful attack. Warrior only relies on warrior’s fists and arms and back and chest and legs. You launch a fireball? Warrior will kick you in the nuts. 

You want to have fancy clones of yourself to pad your ego? Coward. Warrior needs no allies. Why would warrior let other people touch warrior’s prey? Warrior is greedy and shall collect the heads of warrior’s enemies alone.

You want to be righteous and stand by your morals and virtues? Coward. Warrior will do whatever is necessary to win, morals be damned.

You want to be able to use the powers of past heroes upon whose shoulders you stand? Coward. Warrior does not stand on shoulders, warrior takes an extra deep horse stance with feet firmly planted on the floor so his balls are in full view for everyone to see how big they are. 

You want to use machines and technology? Coward. Warrior needs no inventions. Warrior just needs a sharp stick to break your foolish machines. Warrior relies not on warrior’s brain, warrior relies on warrior’s brawn, and it has never gone wrawng. 

You want to fight with the power of dead things? Coward. How do you think those things got deaded in the first place? Warrior.

You want to fight with nature as your loyal companion? Coward. Warrior will burn down a forest just to kill a single enemy.

Restraint is for the weak. Warrior not weak. Warrior am strong. Warrior am bestest. 

Anet please employ this man to be the Warrior Dev... this is some passion for a proffession!.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Preach it bro! Preach it so loud the game desginers can hear you... they clearly fprget over the years what a warrior is.

Technological weapons, magical bullets... pfff.. what an insult.

14 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

And all you do is mindlessly spining around and hoping that you hit someone. Stupid. Warriors are least talented fighters in Tyria, because whirling is not fighting, and warriors are meant to die in battlefield, which makes them literal cannon fodders. Warriors glorify death and failure in battlefield, because all they can actualy do, is FAIL and DIE.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

And all you do is mindlessly spining around and hoping that you hit someone. Stupid. Warriors are least talented fighters in Tyria, because whirling is not fighting, and warriors are meant to die in battlefield, which makes them literal cannon fodders. Warriors glorify death and failure in battlefield, because all they can actualy do, is FAIL and DIE.

Excuse me? Combat must be performed with elegance and beauty. We do not spin aimlessly. We spin precisely, with intent and effect. Not like these other silly spin to win classes that fling themselves about by the hilt of their weapon, nearly losing control.

Reaper? Has to protect itself with death Magic as it spins like a mindless zombie it resurrected.

Ranger? Talk about cannon fodder, they can’t even move when spinning. 

Guardian? Hahahaha, slow movement speed. Needs special projectiles to even hit anything. Coward. Warrior moves faster when spinning, because warrior spins correctly and superiorly. 

Elementalist? K I’ll give it to them they have some nice spinnies, but the cowards dodge everything while doing them. If they had balls, they wouldn’t dodge. Too bad warrior cut them off a long time ago to assert spinning dominance. 

Engineer? Who reflects projectiles while spinning? Cowards. That’s who. Warrior catches projectiles with warrior’s mouth and spits them back with 10x the force. This is not reflection, it is a display of dominance. 

Revenant? They spin forward through mist. That’s lame as kitten. Warrior would walk through mist, but mist too scared to get in warrior’s way. 

Mesmer? They aren’t athletic enough to spin on their own, they have to make their cowardly clones do it. Definitely the class that dies first in war. 

Thief? I can’t tell whether or not they are spinning because they haven’t come out of stealth yet. Cowards. 

Clearly, everyone spins, but warrior spins best. Therefore warrior best class. Thank you for proving my point. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5