It's time for Shared Gathering Tools Slots

If gathering slots become shared then Anet should give a refund for each extra one you turn in but you keep the skin. Say they give you 500 gems back for each which you can use to buy MORE tool skins (or anything else). They could drop the other skins' cost to 500 gems each and then people will fashion wars even more. They can sell glyphs separately if they must.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

While that is a nice, if not naïve, idea, it is doubtful. We've seen in the past when similar "improvements" have happened that Anet's response has been on the lines of, "You bought the item, you had time to enjoy/make use of the item, therefore no exchange is necessary." There was maybe a month's cut-off time for people who had bought whatever the affected item was for getting refunds. Longer than that, no deal.

[edit] I have multiple gathering sets, and multiple copper salvage kits, from the days before shared slots. I still have them sitting in the bank, collecting dust.

Edited by DeanBB.4268
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 4:18 PM, Mercutio.6312 said:

Over the years many things that were soulbound have become account bound. You've added shared inventory slots. Now you have announced the Legendary Armory so legendary items become shared. Now, I think it's time to make gathering tools shared as well. My idea is three shared slots for Gathering Tools with the ability to choose different skins for each character.

If each of those shared slots were 2k gems i would buy it.

I've always considered infinite tools as a long term investment. Limited tools cost money or karma. Granted, it's not a lot, but it does add up over time and in the long run, you save money by buying them. It also saves you time and inventory space as you don't have to worry about running out and that's a big quality of life improvement. Switching them between alts is a minor inconvenience compared to the convenience they offer. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, civokenes.3284 said:

I've always considered infinite tools as a long term investment. Limited tools cost money or karma. Granted, it's not a lot, but it does add up over time and in the long run, you save money by buying them. It also saves you time and inventory space as you don't have to worry about running out and that's a big quality of life improvement. Switching them between alts is a minor inconvenience compared to the convenience they offer. 

Why should there be any inconvenience though? 

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, civokenes.3284 said:

So that people buy more gathering tools for the convenience. That's what the non-skin section of the gem store is all about.

I can only speak for myself, but if gathering tools were account-wide, I'd have bought them, and likely several skins.  As it stands I haven't bought any.

Obviously whales are the key target, but I don't know why ANet decided to make the tools themselves the thing they want to sell lots of, rather than just have the skins be the hook.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2