Could we get Phantasmal Force for our Turrets? :(

Toolbox.9375

I don't know about anyone else, but turrets have always struck me as the kind of thing that, in any game, should be a sizeable time investment for a potent return in area denial. Right now, they're a very small time investment for-... Negative return, honestly. :[ It'd be cool if you could plan ahead for a situation and set up a danger zone of sorts for enemies. It wouldn't do a lot of good in general PvE, I'm sure (except for bosses that can't kill your turrets... Making this a good way to make Tool Kit's turret repair actually relevant!), but there's plenty of traits that are pretty blatantly focused on PvP.

Of course, an exact copy of Phantasmal Force wouldn't be that great; turrets are far too weak for a 25% boost to be impactful, and only building 1 out of 25 stacks each time the turret attacks would both take forever, and eliminate the possibility of laying turrets somewhere in advance to let them build up. It's mostly just the "growth over time" aspect that jumped out to me. For a turret-style trait, I imagine a hefty boost to stats would be the best way to go. It's hard to give exact numbers without knowing the power coefficients for the turrets, but I was sorta thinking 50 to all stats per stack (including Expertise for the sake of Net and Flame turrets), with a maximum of 30 stacks, gaining a stack every one or two seconds. Possibly a lower boost to Vitality, because 15000 extra health may be a bit much.

Anyway, numbers aside, I just wish we could see something to give turrets a greater presence if you take the time to "nurture" them. XD

Archived